Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:10 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,104,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I briefly dated a Palestinian in high school, but, well... let's just say that no matter how much I'd love to see peace in the Middle East, a Jewish girl dating a Palestinian boy was bound for disaster. It ended badly, lol.

Other than that, I've never dated an Asian or Middle-Eastern man - not really on purpose, more like a mutual lack of attraction. Unfortunately the ones I do find attractive don't like me (probably because I'm more full-figured & tallish), and vice versa. And with Middle-Eastern men of Muslim descent, in particular, there's just the whole culture/religion clashing issue.

No, I don't think we're all weird! The OP is just mistaken, apparently, or it could be a regional thing. I'm in the Bay Area, where Asian and Hispanic people make up like 2/3 (if not more) of our population... so you would really have to TRY to avoid "brown men," and I see no reason to do that. My attractions tend to lean towards Black, Hispanic, NA, PI, and multi-ethnic men, but I've never rejected someone based solely on ethnicity.

P.S. I shouldn't admit this, but that felon dude is HOT. I know he's a scumbag, and won't be bailing him out - but a girl can still look, right?
I'm a gay man and I think the felon dude is hot lol! I've always has a thing for the "bad boys", but learned early on to find the ones with the bad boy looks, and good boy brains/job!

Back in my single days, I had a big thing going for the Hispanic guys, but ended up with a black man. It's worked out well... going on 18 years now

Old 07-11-2014, 03:02 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,531,867 times
The guys I've seen and immediately lusted after are usually dark haired and often Jewish. Which sucks for me because I'm not Jewish.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:41 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,035,367 times
https://www.google.com/search?q=jaso...w=1536&bih=741

This guy. He was Smith Jared on Sex and the City.

Realistically, I like "real" looking guys like Stephen Colbert and Tom Hanks. I would never see Smith Jared walking down the street and actually want to date him. These 2, maybe.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,709,568 times
Lots of eye candy today. I saw a guy walking on the sidewalk as I biked to the train station who looked like a light skinned Maxwell circa 1997 (Maxwell is my all time celeb crush). Then at the train station I saw a 20 year old Ethiopian version of Michael Ealy.

And at lunch I saw a younger (think 40-ish), less pretty, Rick Fox lookalike (he wasn't silver fox status since he only had a few greys) at a nearby table.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:40 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,161,575 times
Last person around where I am, that I found attractive was 2 years ago, and he was a guy I worked with. I wasn't a friend, so I guess he could count as a stranger, in that I don't know much about him, and hardly spoke to him. I know he had a girl and baby.

Black- light brown
Facial Hair--chin strap
Tall - I am only 5'0, so doesn't take much to look tall for me lol
Build - Skinny from what I could tell, looking at his arms

So, I thought he was very attractive. But didn't dwell on it too much.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Lots of eye candy today. I saw a guy walking on the sidewalk as I biked to the train station who looked like a light skinned Maxwell circa 1997 (Maxwell is my all time celeb crush). Then at the train station I saw a 20 year old Ethiopian version of Michael Ealy.

And at lunch I saw a younger (think 40-ish), less pretty, Rick Fox lookalike (he wasn't silver fox status since he only had a few greys) at a nearby table.
I saw one more on the way home! A 30-year old version of Blair Underwood.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:38 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,531,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

Wow! Must be nice. I had a big crush on Maxwell circa 1997 also. I recorded this Planet Groove performance and watched it over and over. lol I am having a hard time imagining what a 20 year old Ethiopian version of Michael Ealy would look like though.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Wow! Must be nice. I had a big crush on Maxwell circa 1997 also. I recorded this Planet Groove performance and watched it over and over. lol
We made and awesome powerpoint with Lenny Kravitz and Maxwell complete with animations and the appropriate soundtrack!

I like him with glasses, and the short hair works for him. But the fro was so fun!

Quote:
I am having a hard time imagining what a 20 year old Ethiopian version of Michael Ealy would look like though.
Similar face shape and features with dark eyes. But Michael Ealy looks 30ish, and this guy was still "boyish." And he totally looked Ethiopian. I don't even know how to describe the Ethiopian guy look, but we have loads of Ethiopians in Oakland, you always no who is, and on the rare occasion you are unsure they seem to start speaking amharic and it is confirmed. *

*Ok some people may be Eritrean...but from a visual identification perspective they look the same.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:23 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,702,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
cannot be anyone you know personally, just a stranger you saw who was very attractive

describe his hair color, eye color (if you can), skin color, height, ethnic background, and overall appearance to the best of your knowledge
Dark hair, blue eyes, short hair, a smile.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:27 PM

21 posts, read 30,350 times
Often the most handsome men I see here are of Hispanic men with predominate Spanish heritage with minor NA influence or one of those rare bronzed or high yellow skinned mulatto men with fine features and a pleasing countenance.

Even then, seeing handsome men where I live is rare!

The white men in America are often subpar, and not amazing to look at one bit.
Germanic males usually do not interest me, but I did see some very fine, nice-looking men in England with very white skin and blond hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty