Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 07:32 PM

41,816 posts, read 74,868,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I like this strategy. so now we pretend as if its hard, so now our excuse is that its so much harder than you think.
If it were so easy, why isn't everyone doing it?

Quote:
oh and now thin people's opinions don't matter because its not hard for them.
No, the opinions of ignorant and close-minded people don't matter - and that goes for any topic, not just weight loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 07:50 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,953,436 times
Quote:
ok, im excited to see how you try to make this answer actually meaningful in this discussion.

yes, I believe that people have different talents abilities.
Well one of us had to.

So you can acknowledge that people have different physical talents and abilities, but can't bring yourself to acknowledge that weight loss/control may not come as easy to some as it does to others. Why is that? Why are you inconsistent?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:51 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Is it improbable to think some people lose weight on 2000 calories while others gain on the same amount?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:55 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,553,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Well one of us had to.

So you can acknowledge that people have different physical talents and abilities, but can't bring yourself to acknowledge that weight loss/control may not come as easy to some as it does to others. Why is that? Why are you inconsistent?
there are many tasks that we all do (like tying our shoes) that are so basic and simple; that anyone can do it. not being fat is another very simple task that we are all capable of easily accomplishing. however, many people choose to get the immediate satisfaction of food over having a better/healthier body. mentally conditioning yourself to exaggerate the challenge of eating less helps you make the decision to not cut your eating.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:57 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,553,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Is it improbable to think some people lose weight on 2000 calories while others gain on the same amount?
that question doesn't make a lot of sense. a 500 pound person will lose a ton of weight on a 2,000 calorie diet while a 100 pound person may gain weight. it also can change depending on activity levels.

but the bottom line is that you eat your weight. if you are fat, you are eating to be fat. if you are think, you are eating to be thin.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:02 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,163,509 times
iknowftball & Captain NJ made this thread into a nice a movie clip involving questioning scenes.

Its fun, and to say the least I agree and disagree with both of you based on today's experience .

Mom gobbling down Pepsi in spite of being overweight at home Vs. my friend insulting overweight people in a public setting. Both types of behaviors are undesirable. Treat people with the same level respect regardless of weight or shape, but keep an eye and advise your loved ones to make sure they follow hygienic eating habits. There is a fine line of optimization to draw here, and I have mentioned mine.

Real world is tough to simulate and involves several parameters fellas, and thats something I learned as a student.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:02 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,953,436 times
Quote:
there are many tasks that we all do (like tying our shoes) that are so basic and simple; that anyone can do it. not being fat is another very simple task that we are all capable of easily accomplishing. however, many people choose to get the immediate satisfaction of food over having a better/healthier body. mentally conditioning yourself to exaggerate the challenge of eating less helps you make the decision to not cut your eating.
So it's "easily" accomplished? What's your secret?

Old 02-12-2014, 08:09 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,181,606 times
Why should I accept anyone with an unhealthy lifestyle?

Not gonna accept smokers, druggies, drunks, couch potatoes, junk food eaters/unclean eaters (regardless of size), stressaholics, or fatties.

There is literally no way to eat a clean, organic, whole food, (mostly) plant-based diet, exercise regularly and vigorously, and be a "plus size."

I would not date a thin unhealthy person, either.

This is not about tolerance or other pc nonsense. You respect the body you were gifted with.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:19 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
no, the fat people are doing the wrong things. its a very good assumption since they are fat. the thin people may not be doing everything right, but at least they aren't eating to the point of becoming obese. its very easy to not get fat. fat people want to pretend its so hard and complicated. just eat less, simple.
Quote:
that question doesn't make a lot of sense. a 500 pound person will lose a ton of weight on a 2,000 calorie diet while a 100 pound person may gain weight. it also can change depending on activity levels.

but the bottom line is that you eat your weight. if you are fat, you are eating to be fat. if you are think, you are eating to be thin.
You seem tho think that the variation there is huge. Reality is, you can have 2 people, of the same gender, same weight, who eat the same stuff, and exercise the same way who have wildly different outcomes. Based on their unique biochemistry. There is no one formula fits all.

I know personally, if I follow the advice of the "calculators" that tell me how much I should eat to lost, and eat to maintain. The reality is, those numbers are 30% more than my reality. Does that mean the formula is broken? Or am I broken?

I don't understand how we can follow the idea of "it takes a village" in so many aspects of society, but apparently that can't translate into good health. This has a lot to do with out biases and stereotypes.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:20 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,066,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Why should I accept anyone with an unhealthy lifestyle?

Not gonna accept smokers, druggies, drunks, couch potatoes, junk food eaters/unclean eaters (regardless of size), stressaholics, or fatties.

There is literally no way to eat a clean, organic, whole food, (mostly) plant-based diet, exercise regularly and vigorously, and be a "plus size."

I would not date a thin unhealthy person, either.

This is not about tolerance or other pc nonsense. You respect the body you were gifted with.
Of course.

however, for 30 years we were told to eat low fat.
Turns out low fat = laden with chemicals and filled with copious amounts of sugar

John Yudkin: the man who tried to warn us about sugar | theage.com.au

While I am not overweight, I do know many people who have struggled and thought they were doing the right thing by eating "low fat" food.

So, no I won't judge people for their physical appearance, I am much more interested in understanding and looking at issues without preconceived ideas on how they got into this state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty