Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, which male body do you find most attractive?
#1 37 25.34%
#2 89 60.96%
#3 20 13.70%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:56 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
didn't vote because none of these men appealed to me. Looks like they spend too much time in the gym

they look muscle bound to me

A lot of people seem to think by having all these muscles that the guy spends 8 hours a day at the gym. This is a myth. It is not true, and genetics has a lot to do with it as well.

You only need about an hour of really intense weight lifting. T he growth comes from sleeping and eating correctly. of course juicing helps as well.............................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 09:21 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,688,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I like an endomorph.
Moderator cut: image removed

Kissy kissy time

Last edited by Marka; 02-22-2014 at 11:04 AM..

Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,688,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
I know, right? I hate it when guys like that jump in these threads and try to school "us womens" about how silly our tastes and preferences are. Like, really? Who the f**k are you to tell me what I should and should not be attracted to? How presumptuous.
Wooooooo. meow. Where's the valium?

Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
A lot of people seem to think by having all these muscles that the guy spends 8 hours a day at the gym. This is a myth. It is not true, and genetics has a lot to do with it as well.

You only need about an hour of really intense weight lifting. T he growth comes from sleeping and eating correctly. of course juicing helps as well.............................
lol, minus the juicing your right on point. Juicing doesn't end well, guys reading this, please don't.

Everyone focuses on the actual workout, but that's not where the magic happens. The 24-48 or so hours post workout are the magic period, gotta eat enough and sleep enough to allow your body to optimally recover and regrow.

Put another way, if your working out with weights 6 days a week or for hours on end then you aren't doing it right. You shouldn't be able to do that if your training properly.

Last edited by tofur; 02-19-2014 at 10:37 AM..

Old 02-19-2014, 10:56 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
lol, minus the juicing your right on point. Juicing doesn't end well, guys reading this, please don't.

Everyone focuses on the actual workout, but that's not where the magic happens. The 24-48 or so hours post workout are the magic period, gotta eat enough and sleep enough to allow your body to optimally recover and regrow.

Put another way, if your working out with weights 6 days a week or for hours on end then you aren't doing it right. You shouldn't be able to do that if your training properly.

and also, the rule of thumb is work one body part or 2 body parts per day, with day of rest in between

- back and biceps
- chest and triceps
- legs and abs

etc.

it doesn't take 8 hours to do this properly.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:10 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,049,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Number 2 is an average joe to me, since that's pretty much how hubby is built, and he never goes to the gym, lol.

Average for this area is either #2, or 100lbs overweight. Not really too much middle ground between the two, till about age 35-40 anyway.
Guys in your area must be in good shape for the most past. I'd expect Average Joes in general to have a little bit of gut. They doesn't necessarily mean chubby, but they're not toned, nor do they have a six pack.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:38 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Guys in your area must be in good shape for the most past. I'd expect Average Joes in general to have a little bit of gut. They doesn't necessarily mean chubby, but they're not toned, nor do they have a six pack.
Far from it.

But most guys in this area are blue collar workers, which means farm work, heavy factory/construction work, or working in the mines (which is MAJOR work!) You gotta be lean to get in some of those mine shafts, and chucking 50lb bales of hay day in and day out isn't easy either.

So they are essentially "working out" for 8-16 hrs a day (depending on their shift), I also added the age part, since around that age they start to get the belly pooch, from too much fast food at work, and beer on the weekends, lol!

Old 02-20-2014, 08:42 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Forget who they are, their personalities and their faces. I'm talking purely the appeal of their bodies.

Get voting.

It would be either 2 or 3 for me. #1 just looks...wrong for some reason. Kind of icky.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
None of the above, but the #2 looks attractive (in the face) AND at least he wasn't too 'ripped' (seemed natural).

You should've included a slimmer guy - Not attracted to him, but I prefer this body in a man:

http://www.ryanseacrest.com/wp-conte...ne-900-600.jpg
Yeah I like that body type as well as any of the others. It's similar to my boyfriend's. I always prefer some muscle, and lean...but it doesn't have to be a bodybuilder type.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I know, right? I hate it when guys like that jump in these threads and try to school "us womens" about how silly our tastes and preferences are. Like, really? Who the f**k are you to tell me what I should and should not be attracted to? How presumptuous.
No kidding!

Quote:
And I'm not even one of the women who made a gay comment or a "he must spend all day in the gym" comment. But only 30 mins in the gym every day to look like #s 1 or 3? No way. I'm quite fit as are most of the people I spend time with, and I assure you that we would not look the way we do if we only spent 30 mins daily exercising. That's not even enough time to break a sweat.
Absolutely right. Anyone that thinks otherwise, clearly doesn't work out!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty