U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-13-2014, 11:48 AM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,277,697 times
Reputation: 11428

Advertisements

Open question....

Would you wear a hat during a job interview??
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2014, 11:53 AM
 
12,703 posts, read 12,108,167 times
Reputation: 17396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Open question....

Would you wear a hat during a job interview??
No, but would you wear a t-shirt for one? Is wearing a t-shirt improper etiquette? Is wearing a t-shirt a sign of being impolite?

Is wearing anything other than a suit a sign of being impolite? Do you wear a suit everyday?

Of course not, fallacy argument.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2014, 12:00 PM
 
32,778 posts, read 22,726,695 times
Reputation: 29800
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, but would you wear a t-shirt for one? Is wearing a t-shirt improper etiquette? Is wearing a t-shirt a sign of being impolite?

Is wearing anything other than a suit a sign of being impolite? Do you wear a suit everyday?

Of course not, fallacy argument.


No

Yes

Yes, in that context

Yes, in most contexts

Most days, not every
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2014, 12:02 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,277,697 times
Reputation: 11428
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, but would you wear a t-shirt for one? Is wearing a t-shirt improper etiquette? Is wearing a t-shirt a sign of being impolite?

Is wearing anything other than a suit a sign of being impolite? Do you wear a suit everyday?

Of course not, fallacy argument.
OK....no.

Why not???
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2014, 12:04 PM
 
8,938 posts, read 15,867,843 times
Reputation: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It being custom and proper etiquette is enough.
No it isn't

Times evolve and things change.

As the reason for a convention is removed, why would we carry on that convention?

How many people who wear hats make a habit of tipping their hats? That's the proper etiquette.

You can keep your hat on in a public elevator - unless there is a woman present, then you should take it off.

Unless you are a women, then these rules really don't apply to you at all anyway so carry on as you were

It's silly and trite and without purpose
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2014, 12:04 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,277,697 times
Reputation: 11428
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, but would you wear a t-shirt for one? Is wearing a t-shirt improper etiquette? Is wearing a t-shirt a sign of being impolite?

Is wearing anything other than a suit a sign of being impolite? Do you wear a suit everyday?

Of course not, fallacy argument.
I am female and self employed.

I am a well driller.......no I do not wear a suite.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2014, 12:06 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,277,697 times
Reputation: 11428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
No it isn't

Times evolve and things change.

As the reason for a convention is removed, why would we carry on that convention?

How many people who wear hats make a habit of tipping their hats? That's the proper etiquette.

You can keep your hat on in a public elevator - unless there is a woman present, then you should take it off.

Unless you are a women, then these rules really don't apply to you at all anyway so carry on as you were

It's silly and trite and without purpose
The purpose is to separate the wheat from the shaft.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2014, 12:07 PM
 
8,938 posts, read 15,867,843 times
Reputation: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Of course not, fallacy argument.
Pretty much what you have to lean on when there isn't much to support your position
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2014, 12:08 PM
 
8,938 posts, read 15,867,843 times
Reputation: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The purpose is to separate the wheat from the shaft.

I don't want the wheat anywhere near my shaft - but I could just be thinking with less IQ, because I've worn a hat backwards and all
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2014, 12:08 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,277,697 times
Reputation: 11428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I don't want the wheat anywhere near my shaft - but I could just be thinking with less IQ, because I've worn a hat backwards and all
Good to know.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top