Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 04:57 PM

484 posts, read 882,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I wonder if guys know that a baseball cap worn backwards says "I am a douche" to the world.
Backwards baseball caps make me think of frat guys playing beer pong...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 05:07 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
first impression in the business world makes up with sales. I read that 60% would feel badly about a guy wearing a hat backward, also visible tattoos. pieces, funky haircuts, clothes style.

I have heard my boss many time say he would not hire anybody with these. not saying it bad but first impression. might be cool for the young crowd but you have to cather to your market.

i have seen people wear hard hat backwards thinking it look cool. some are design to be wore backward. you know you can get fired for this, kick off jobs for looking cool. something about ppe not be use as design.

i think I'm going start wearing my ball cap backward. what you think about a 68 year old man with hat backward, that be cool

Old 02-18-2014, 05:20 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
first impression in the business world makes up with sales. I read that 60% would feel badly about a guy wearing a hat backward, also visible tattoos. pieces, funky haircuts, clothes style.

I have heard my boss many time say he would not hire anybody with these. not saying it bad but first impression. might be cool for the young crowd but you have to cather to your market.

i have seen people wear hard hat backwards thinking it look cool. some are design to be wore backward. you know you can get fired for this, kick off jobs for looking cool. something about ppe not be use as design.

i think I'm going start wearing my ball cap backward. what you think about a 68 year old man with hat backward, that be cool

I actually think wearing a hat backwards looks better with a suit than wearing it forward.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:34 PM

2,459 posts, read 2,476,905 times
If the wind is blowing hard, a cap may fly off your head. Turning it around prevents this. The cap, that is.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:00 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
I wonder if guys know that a baseball cap worn backwards says "I am a douche" to the world.
More like "I'm a dork" and about as ridiculous as the rapper hats. Basically I find the use of hats in the general public cliche'.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:05 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
i just love the jesse james look, flat bill, pulled all the way down so you can see under. if that doesn't say "Im a dork:

Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,172,168 times
Well...I'm an older woman and I wear a baseball cap when I'm working in my yard. When the sun is in front of me, I wear the cap to the front to keep the sun out of my eyes. When it's behind me, I wear it backwards to help keep the sun off my neck. I guess I need to orient myself in such a way that I don't look like a douche when I'm gardening. Or else wear a floppy "old lady" hat.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:23 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
I wear one backwards sometimes. I see better without the shadow. The sun doesn't bother me. I need the hat to act like a headband to keep my long hair in place. It's either that or a pony tail. Okay all the haters out there, I gave you plenty of fuel.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:14 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,997 times
Quote:

What's in a person's head is more important than what's on it. It's just more of a style to some. But it could have practical value. If facing away from sun, it could prevent some sunburns. At least in is more removable than a tattoo or piercing. If we all looked identical, we'd have a real problem, like give me your clone number. If we all had cloned brains, that would be even worse! Peace!

Old 02-19-2014, 05:17 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,997 times
Quote:

What's in a person's head is more important than what's on it. It's just more of a style to some. But it could have practical value. If facing away from sun, it could prevent some sunburns. At least in is more removable than a tattoo or piercing. If we all looked identical, we'd have a real problem. If we all had cloned brains, that would be even worse! Peace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty