U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-14-2014, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee
2,951 posts, read 1,657,418 times
Reputation: 1787

Advertisements

I wonder if guys know that a baseball cap worn backwards says "I am a douche" to the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-15-2014, 06:40 AM
 
Location: Buxton UK
4,970 posts, read 4,211,863 times
Reputation: 2383
Only in the mind of shallow people who judge by appearances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 07:17 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee
2,951 posts, read 1,657,418 times
Reputation: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Only in the mind of shallow people who judge by appearances.
Everyone judges people by their appearances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Fairfield, CT
5,536 posts, read 8,192,972 times
Reputation: 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Only in the mind of shallow people who judge by appearances.

Exactly. Who cares? The way I wear a baseball cap depends on the weather and the level of sun exposure that I consider healthy. It has nothing to do with whether I'm a "douche" or not. If some shallow, empty-headed person wants to make judgments based upon it, I really don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee
2,951 posts, read 1,657,418 times
Reputation: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Exactly. Who cares? The way I wear a baseball cap depends on the weather and the level of sun exposure that I consider healthy. It has nothing to do with whether I'm a "douche" or not. If some shallow, empty-headed person wants to make judgments based upon it, I really don't care.
I think that's great that you don't care what people think! But don't pretend that you don't judge people based on the way they look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Fairfield, CT
5,536 posts, read 8,192,972 times
Reputation: 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I think that's great that you don't care what people think! But don't pretend that you don't judge people based on the way they look.
That really depends on whether there's even a need or benefit to "judging" people. Just walking down the street, no I don't judge people as long as it's a benign situation. If I start to feel threatened for some reason, then I may start to judge people based on the way they look to assess what type of person they seem to be. But this is done purely on a need-to-do basis. In a normal situation, I don't care much what people look like, and I'm certainly not paying attention to the way they may wear a baseball cap. I can think of little that concerns me less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee
2,951 posts, read 1,657,418 times
Reputation: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
That really depends on whether there's even a need or benefit to "judging" people. Just walking down the street, no I don't judge people as long as it's a benign situation. If I start to feel threatened for some reason, then I may start to judge people based on the way they look to assess what type of person they seem to be. But this is done purely on a need-to-do basis. In a normal situation, I don't care much what people look like, and I'm certainly not paying attention to the way they may wear a baseball cap. I can think of little that concerns me less.
This is a public forum where people express their opinions about fashion. You are welcome to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 09:25 AM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 38,320,873 times
Reputation: 16099
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Everyone judges people by their appearances.
Probably. But most people are going to make such a ridiculous conclusion (that person is a douche) based on how they wear a hat. I'm sure it makes you feel better though to assume everyone thinks like you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee
2,951 posts, read 1,657,418 times
Reputation: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Probably. But most people are going to make such a ridiculous conclusion (that person is a douche) based on how they wear a hat. I'm sure it makes you feel better though to assume everyone thinks like you do.
Yes. They are. I agree. What's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Fairfield, CT
5,536 posts, read 8,192,972 times
Reputation: 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This is a public forum where people express their opinions about fashion. You are welcome to do the same.
And I have done so. I'm just not clear on what your point actually is, other than to seek validation for a level of judgment that I think is a bit foolish. Life is too short to judge people on such superficial criteria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top