Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 06:45 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,014,438 times

Advertisements

The more melanin in the skin the less collagen loss and wrinkling. ?This applies to anyone with darker skin, be they Asian, African, whatever. And Black people are more likely to have dry skin than oily, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 07:06 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
The more melanin in the skin the less collagen loss and wrinkling. ?This applies to anyone with darker skin, be they Asian, African, whatever. And Black people are more likely to have dry skin than oily, by the way.
Yep.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:49 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Melanin, plus it takes a lot more sun exposure for us to get similar amounts of uv rays.

I happen to get heat rash in the sun. Basically anything over about 82 and more than 15-20minutes of sun will cause a break out for me. It sucks, I need to wear a hat.

One note, darker skin discolors and scars much more easily. So each of those heat rashes ends up leaving marks

Old 02-23-2014, 05:45 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Why is this thread not being removed? A similar thread "Why do Blacks have such white teeth" was met with outrage, even though the OP's question seemed legitimately curious. The thread was removed. But it seems ok to post something derogatory about whites. Something's not right with this picture.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:01 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,026 times
It isn't derogatory towards either group to observe the measurable differences.

Would it be unacceptable to you to discuss the higher resistance to pain meds that redheads have?

Old 02-23-2014, 06:15 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
White women that live "clean" (no smoking, minimal drinking) age pretty well, though.
I agree with this statement.

I also think that women who have no children also tend to age better no matter what color is their skin.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:21 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
It isn't derogatory towards either group to observe the measurable differences.

Would it be unacceptable to you to discuss the higher resistance to pain meds that redheads have?
I don't have a problem with observing measurable differences at all. I can discuss anything at all without getting offended. My point was a lot of people had a huge problem with the black people/whitest teeth thread, which I found ridiculous. The thread was removed. Just wondering why it is ok when whites are the focus.

BTW, I am a natural redhead and never hear of the resistance to pain meds theory. But it seems to apply in my case. Very interesting.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:21 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,133 times
Because black don't crack baby!

Old 02-23-2014, 08:56 AM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,751 times
I am a fair-skinned white woman (Nordic roots mostly) and almost 50 years old---and aging quite nicely. When people ask how old I am, I ask them to take a guess. Most people guess late 30's/early 40's. In my opinion, it's about 80% genetics and 20% lifestyle. I've never smoked, rarely drink alcohol (a beer or two once or twice a year), and I am not a worrier type. I also protect my skin from the sun with clothing and hats (never sunbathed for the sake of getting a tan). As for genetics--my Mom (who, incidentally, was a heavy smoker and abused alcohol and prescription drugs and certain was the worried/stressed type) seemed to age well, too. She always seemed to look 10 years younger than she actually was despite the heavy smoking and such. It really is about genetics more than anything, IMO. My black women friends (who are around the same age or older than I) are gorgeous and youthful looking---why? Genetics (which includes them having more melanin in their skin).

Old 02-23-2014, 09:10 AM

659 posts, read 1,172,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Why is this thread not being removed? A similar thread "Why do Blacks have such white teeth" was met with outrage, even though the OP's question seemed legitimately curious. The thread was removed. But it seems ok to post something derogatory about whites. Something's not right with this picture.
Because censorship on CD seems random at best...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty