Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 10:28 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I think a woman like Katie Holmes is average, but thats my type. She looks like the girl next door (and played one). There's plenty of actresses that are way below average, such as Sarah Jessica Parker. I gravitate towards Latin women, so Jennifer Lopez (not so much anymore, but in the past), Penelope Cruz, and Salma Hayek do it for me.
Is that with or without makeup? There are plenty of actors and actresses who are very average without, but have good bone structure or unique features for makeup artists to work with. Google any celebrity and the words "no makeup".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 10:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
I'm not sure what average even means in this context. Is average attractive? Is average not attractive? Is average meaning the type of person you see most often around you? Even people that I think are "average" - I still think they are fairly attractive. For instance - I guess I would say that I think someone like Lena Dunham is average - but I still think she can be attractive.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:32 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Shouldn't this be in the beauty section or something?

Where's it located?

Old 02-28-2014, 10:34 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times
Quote:
What made you ask that?
She posted a picture of a beautiful woman and insinuated that she was average.

So I thought she was trying to get me to say "What are you crazy? She's hot." maybe because people tell her they look alike.

Somebody has done that to me before.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:37 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
This could be better... instead of one woman, this is an actual composite picture of thousands of women (from each of the nations listed).

They did one for men too

How the average woman and man look like, in different countries | iLyke

The one about woman is featured all over the place (and you can see them better here/bigger pictures) The Average Woman's Face Around The World (PHOTO). for some reason, the no one cares as much about what the average man looks like. I don't find articles on that.

I always said I think I am average.
Hmmm... I think a lot of these women and men are above average. Interesting.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
She posted a picture of a beautiful woman and insinuated that she was average.

So I thought she was trying to get me to say "What are you crazy? She's hot." maybe because people tell her they look alike.

Somebody has done that to me before.
I think you need to read her post again. That's a strange assessment.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:39 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
One of the great tragedies of the world is that uggos most of the time aren't attracted to other uggos (speaking from the perspective on an uggo).

Leggo my uggo! (Just kidding, mine is a 10 on my scale and probably about a 7 rated by others.)

Old 02-28-2014, 10:40 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what average even means in this context. Is average attractive? Is average not attractive? Is average meaning the type of person you see most often around you? Even people that I think are "average" - I still think they are fairly attractive. For instance - I guess I would say that I think someone like Lena Dunham is average - but I still think she can be attractive.
I think "average" means a face that wouldn't stand out in a crowd. The women guys walk past every day that they never notice. If you stopped and took a closer look at one, you might think, "Yeah, she's kind of cute", but most guys would think "meh..." .

Old 02-28-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think "average" means a face that wouldn't stand out in a crowd. The women guys walk past every day that they never notice. If you stopped and took a closer look at one, you might think, "Yeah, she's kind of cute", but most guys would think "meh..." .
It's hard to come up with images of people that you never notice. I guess if you showed me pictures of a bunch of different women - I could probably tell you which ones I thought were beautiful, average, and so on - but it's hard to think of an average looking person just out of the blue. And like I said - I think most average people are somewhat attractive.

As for Sarah Jessica Parker - I think she can look beautiful sometimes and not so good other times. My husband thinks she looks like a horse. And she's played the "hot" girl in many movies. Oh - but beauty isn't subjective...

Old 02-28-2014, 10:54 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
If you believe beauty is objective, then what is the point of your thread, because we should all have the same answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty