U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what do guys think about girls with scars? (NOT self harm)
more attractive 5 11.11%
doesn't make a difference 38 84.44%
off putting 2 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 01:38 PM

10 posts, read 30,812 times

Advertisements

Wanting to find out what you guys think about scars on a girl?
When I was young, I had to have a large operation on my leg, which left me with a scar the length of my thigh, as well as smaller ones at other places on both of my legs. Because of this, I don't really wear shorts, since the scars attract attention.
So my question would be, do scars like that turn a guy off? (since that has happened ...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 01:50 PM

255 posts, read 314,486 times
I'd like to know this as well. I have a small scar under my belly button near the bikini area. I had to have surgery to have a ovarian cyst removed last year. I also have a few scars on my arms from work. I'm always more nervous about my arm scars than anything because I always worry people will think it's from self harm even though it's not.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:00 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,207,985 times
My natural inclination is telling me yes, but to what degree... I don't recall ever dating anyone with scars nor ever being turned off by scars. I suppose it depends on how noticeable it is and how much it clashes (if at all) with your skin tone.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:10 PM

31,164 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Is there no end to idiotic threads in the fashion/beauty forum?

Do you think that people want scars? That they put them on their bodies on purpose?

Good grief ...

Old 03-05-2014, 02:16 PM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLG20 View Post
Wanting to find out what you guys think about scars on a girl?
When I was young, I had to have a large operation on my leg, which left me with a scar the length of my thigh, as well as smaller ones at other places on both of my legs. Because of this, I don't really wear shorts, since the scars attract attention.
So my question would be, do scars like that turn a guy off? (since that has happened ...)
I dated a girl who had a burn scar mark on the side of her thigh. She always cover it up so she never would wear a miniskirt.

Since I've seen it a lot and you can definitely feel it because of the dead skin there. It doesn't bother me at all.

As for face I've had a friend who had a knife scar on her cheek, it looks kind of cool in a way.

You should stay away from guys that care about perfect beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I'd like to know this as well. I have a small scar under my belly button near the bikini area. I had to have surgery to have a ovarian cyst removed last year. I also have a few scars on my arms from work. I'm always more nervous about my arm scars than anything because I always worry people will think it's from self harm even though it's not.
I know some guys are turned off by C-section scars but I'm turned off by breast augmentation scars.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:19 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Do you think that people want scars? That they put them on their bodies on purpose?

Good grief ...

+ an infinite number, I just don't understand why all the turmoil and drama about something that cannot be changed.

So what if you have a scar or 2 or more, if the guy is put off by that it is his issue and he is not worth the time it takes to delete his contact information from your phone.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:22 PM

421 posts, read 614,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLG20 View Post
Because of this, I don't really wear shorts, since the scars attract attention.
OP: have you seen the movie "Bend it Like Beckham" ? The main actor has a real life scar on her leg that was incorporated into the script as a small storyline of the movie.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:25 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,382,499 times
women worry about irrelovent shht too much

if you had surgery and got scars so what...such is life

---

however, if you got a big ugly mole on your face ...that there is a deal breaker

Old 03-05-2014, 02:37 PM

10,860 posts, read 18,875,631 times
Scars are just a fact of life. Even if you don't start with them, you might end up with them. When I got married, my husband had a scar running the length of his stomach. I didn't have any scars at that point. Now I have a C-section scar and an 8" long scar on my lower leg.

If someone is shallow enough that they can't accept you with a scar on your leg, then that's not the person you want to grow old with.

Depending on the look of your scar and how you heal, you might be able to get a tattoo to cover it. A tattoo is a scar also, but it's a scar you choose, and that might help you feel better about it.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:50 PM

10 posts, read 30,812 times
Quote:

Good grief ...
sorry if it sounded a bit idiotic :/ but i just meant it as a simple opinion question. I'm quite content about my scars, it can just get annoying if people stare, so was asking for a general opinion.

Quote:
I dated a girl who had a burn scar mark on the side of her thigh. She always cover it up so she never would wear a miniskirt.

Since I've seen it a lot and you can definitely feel it because of the dead skin there. It doesn't bother me at all.

As for face I've had a friend who had a knife scar on her cheek, it looks kind of cool in a way.

You should stay away from guys that care about perfect beauty.
Thank you for sharing that, it's nice to hear some can accept scars

Quote:
women worry about irrelovent shht too much

if you had surgery and got scars so what...such is life
I agree, such things are a part of life, but I wouldn't want to say it's irrelevant, since even if a person can come to terms with having scars, it can be disheartening if, when wearing things like shorts, skirts or swimming costumes, the same a everyone else, to be stared at and commented/gossiped about. I think it would become irrelevant, when it is possible to show scars, not be seen as different, yet still complain about them? not sure if you agree with me, but that's what I think :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or