Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 04:16 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorderoAries View Post
Those people you posted in the picture are NOT black. Pacific islander populations genetically cluster with Asian and other Pacific groups. They are the furthest removed from Africans genetically.
I think it could be argued they are black but not African?

Old 03-25-2014, 04:22 AM

I do find it disturbing that there are black women on here saying," All black women do not have 4c hair".

To me,its as if you guys are trying to distance yourselves from the masses.There is nothing wrong with 4c hair.
Those pics of the Pacisic islanders with blond hair,that is 4c hair btw.

Just get rid of the stupid typing system.
Its just one more way for some blacks to distance themselves from others;its just like the light skin/dark skin thing.
It has been proven that one should go by porosity rather than hair typing when trying to figure out the best way to care for the hair.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:52 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I do find it disturbing that there are black women on here saying," All black women do not have 4c hair".

To me,its as if you guys are trying to distance yourselves from the masses.There is nothing wrong with 4c hair.
Those pics of the Pacisic islanders with blond hair,that is 4c hair btw.

Just get rid of the stupid typing system.
Its just one more way for some blacks to distance themselves from others;its just like the light skin/dark skin thing.
It has been proven that one should go by porosity rather than hair typing when trying to figure out the best way to care for the hair.
I'm still POed that it was a black stylist who set a system that put natural African hair at the bottom of the scale...and black women have accepted it.

What's up with that?

Old 03-25-2014, 06:03 AM

i did not know a woman or man could have more than one hair type.
Someone told me they have 3c hair in the front and 4a hair in the back.

But all in all,that system of hair has been discredited.

Someone mentioned Paula Patton and Lupita walking down the street and that Paula would get more attention in Bk.
I do not agree.
Brooklyn nowadays is full of gentrifiers,and the majority are white.
I do think a majority of the light skin dark skin mess comes from the rappers from the south.
I did not hear of it until southern rappers(esp Lil Wayne) became popular.

Also,i have seen men say Paula was shaped like a man,even going as far to say she looks like a tranny.
i have heard Ciara described as the same.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:01 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
Quote:
Well fat may have worked for Mo'Nique, but I don't know if it's working out the same way for Precious (Gabourey Sidoube)
ouch

Old 03-25-2014, 07:11 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I do think a majority of the light skin dark skin mess comes from the rappers from the south.
I did not hear of it until southern rappers(esp Lil Wayne) became popular.

Also,i have seen men say Paula was shaped like a man,even going as far to say she looks like a tranny.
i have heard Ciara described as the same.
that whole dark skin light thing issue been around since slavery days

rappers?

all you have to do is enter middle school as a black person and you will see and experience the prejudice within the black race if you havent already seen it prior to that

as far as paula patton or ciara they both have pretty faces, i dont recall what there bodies look like off the top of my head

i know ciara is a dancer so she probably has a more muscular build perhaps?

i doubt any of those dudes would say that if they had an opportunity to smash either

Old 03-25-2014, 08:34 AM

185 posts, read 242,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
that whole dark skin light thing issue been around since slavery days

rappers?

all you have to do is enter middle school as a black person and you will see and experience the prejudice within the black race if you havent already seen it prior to that
Yea, it might be continually perpetuated now by ignorant rappers/entertainers but this light skinned/dark skinned BS has it's roots in the slave days when it was "house" slaves vs. "field" slaves.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:09 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:

+1

And in addition, Lupita N'Yongo was raised in Mexico as well in addition to being born there and she speaks fluent Spanish.
Actually Lupita was not raised in Mexico. Yes, she considers herself Mexican-Kenyan. She is Mexican by birth and she can claim Hispanic (by definition) should she desire but she is culturally Kenyan.

Nyong'o briefly moved to New York with her parents, and then back to their native Kenya, when she was less than one year old, as her father was appointed a professor at the University of Nairobi. She grew up primarily in Kenya, and describes her upbringing as "middle class, suburban". At age sixteen, her parents sent her back to Mexico for seven months to learn Spanish. During those seven months, Nyong'o lived in Taxco, Guerrero, and took classes at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México's Learning Center for Foreigners.[

Old 03-25-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Well fat may have worked for Mo'Nique, but I don't know if it's working out the same way for Precious (Gabourey Sidoube)

Although I believe that Gabourey Sidibe should focus on weight loss for her overall health, her career actually has not suffered for it (the "why" can be discussed as its own topic). However, she has a far more prolific career than both Mo'Nique (even post her Oscar win) and Paula Patton . Actually, Gabourey has a more prolific career than a lot of actresses thin or not.

Since Precious, her IMDB

Empire (TV Movie) (pre-production)
Becky

2014 Life Partners (post-production)
Jen

2014 Gravy
Winketta

2013-2014 American Horror Story (TV Series)
Queenie
- The Seven Wonders (2014) ... Queenie
- Go to Hell (2014) ... Queenie
- Protect the Coven (2014) ... Queenie
- Head (2013) ... Queenie
- The Sacred Taking (2013) ... Queenie

Show all 12 episodes

2014 White Bird in a Blizzard

2010-2013 The Big C (TV Series)
Andrea Jackson - The Finale (2013) ... Andrea Jackson
- Quality of Death (2013) ... Andrea Jackson
- You Can't Take It with You (2013) ... Andrea Jackson
- Quality of Life (2013) ... Andrea Jackson
- Fly Away (2012) ... Andrea Jackson

Show all 30 episodes

2012 Seven Psychopaths
Sharice

2011 Tower Heist
Odessa

2011 American Dad! (TV Series)
Party Girl
- Hot Water (2011) ... Party Girl (voice)

2011 Glenn Martin DDS (TV Series)
Keisha
- Date with Destiny (2011) ... Keisha (voice)

2011 Yelling to the Sky
Latonya Williams

Old 03-25-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
dont know why people trippin on tiger because i guarantee wasnt no black women EVER trying to holler at him EVER

even if he wasnt into snowbunnies and if he wasnt rich and famous he'd get the stinkeye from black women

he'd get called a punk, cornball, urkel jerkyl etc

but since he is rich and famous, a segment of the sisterhood want to claim ownership

black men, mullatos, octoroons, cabaclasians whathaveyou arent property and dont owe abw's a thing
"snowbunnies"?? What are you talking about?

No one is trying to claim Tiger Woods. Black people aren't and white people certainly are not trying to "claim" him. Actually, white people let Tiger know how they REALLY felt about him after the whole cheating on his wife/prostitutes/wife beating him with a golf club/sex addict scandal.

Also your disdain of black women is duly noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty