Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:31 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSaySheSay View Post
In all honesty my intention wasn't to be cruel.
I see how it may seem that way.
There are numerous threads about females.. I just thought it would be fun to discuss men since they are throwing themselves in our face all of the time.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm guilty of some tunnel vision here. I don't often open the threads about what men prefer in women, because they feel kind of voyeuristic to me. Reading another man's TMI description of what he likes or doesn't like in a woman kind of creeps me out. So anyway, I'm left kind of blind to how much women get discussed here. So I read your comment and looked around a bit.

On the first page of F and B I saw 3 threads emphasizing some single aspect of a woman's body. Those threads did all the things that make me uncomfortable in this thread, but generally in a more objectionable way. I really had no idea how prevalent this is on CD.

So I apologize for singling out your thread. I stand by what I said about it, but it's hardly the best (or worst) example of what I'm bent about. And again, I really do appreciate your comment. It would have been easy to blow me off, so thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 09:41 AM

166 posts, read 241,026 times
I am not a woman but if I were a woman the biggest turn off would be a guy who wore his pants around his ankles,or had tattoos. One who felt he needed to use profane language to get his point across. One who did not respect the fact that a woman is a weaker vessel and should not be beaten but nurtured.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:41 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,769,804 times
Brown/black/yellow crooked or missing teeth!

Blechhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Old 03-14-2014, 02:30 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
All these criticism but yet none of them really surprises me. I don't think any women here are serious about the criticism which I'm sure their current man is not 100% ideal. However if you ask me me what I dislike about women and what I prefer to have. As long as my girl has enough wares to keep happy then I'm good. I don't need to be nitpicky on things like how they're dressed or height.

What ticks me off sometimes is that women are nitpicky to the point that if you're not their type they would not even acknowledge you as a person which is a super turnoff when a guy feels they are being rejected without even opening their mouth.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:36 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Wearing cologne (since I'm allergic), or body odor... I like a man smelling fresh and clean, not like chemicals or sweat! The last guy I dated smelled PERFECT, but for some reason had a complex about it - asked me a few times if he smelled "offensive," and I was like NO!! Seriously, whatever you are doing in terms of hygiene, please keep doing it.

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-14-2014 at 02:46 PM..

Old 03-14-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Im only on page 2 and im already annoyed. I clean up well and wear cologne and thats a turnoff? Wow. My turnoff...judgmental people.
It's not about being "judgmental," we are merely sharing what we PERSONALLY find to be turn-offs. Do I judge a man if he wears cologne or smells weird? No, I just don't personally enjoy it that much (especially given my allergies). But it's fixable, so not what I would call a "deal breaker" or anything... and if a man I really liked was wearing cologne, I'd simply let him know I am allergic and hope he listened. Besides, I'm sure you can find plenty of ladies who do enjoy your scent.

If a man says they're not into brunettes, does that make them judgmental? Or does it just mean they have other preferences? I don't expect every man to find me attractive, and quite frankly wouldn't want that anyway! It's hard enough fending off unwanted advances already, I can't imagine how annoying that would be. And I'm sure you have preferences and turn-ons/offs too, so spare us the butt hurt.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
To the guys: I think half of the women on here are being more critical than they would in their everyday life. THey probably settled for someone who didnt meet these criteria.
Of course. As I said above, these things aren't deal breakers - we are just responding to the question, and naming things on a very superficial level. In reality, I think most women (much more so than men, I'd wager) are pretty flexible on the specifics. But if I met a great man who had everything else I was looking for, the little things like what we're listing here are easily fixable or tolerable. I only have a few actual deal-breakers, and they're unfixable things like being married, afraid of commitment, stupid/ignorant, or having certain beliefs I don't share.

Quote:
Regarding the cologne comments: If every girl thought like you then the entire cologne industry would fail.
Obvious comment much? Nobody here is claiming everyone does or should share their personal dislikes, so I'm not sure what your point is... especially since in my case, the cologne thing is due to ALLERGIES. I literally cannot breathe around most colognes/perfumes, even if they're standing many feet away, so I couldn't be intimate with someone wearing scents even if I wanted to.

Quote:
I have a feeling most of the women who commented on this thread would flip their ****z if we started a thread on what men find as a turnoff in women.
And I have a feeling you are wrong, since those types of threads are ALL OVER this forum. Are you intentionally missing them, or have you not been on this forum before? I don't care if a man has personal preferences, as long as he's not publicly judging women he isn't even dating. I'm a redhead, and know in most cases men either love or hate redheads... doesn't bother me either way, since I don't expect every man to find me attractive. As I asked the man above, are you trying to tell us you have no turn-ons or offs? Puuulease.

Funny how it's the men flipping their sheet over this, when women are constantly subjected to this kind of discussion. We're either too thin, too fat, too tall, too short, you name it, and some aren't even afraid to express these preferences to our face. I've had men I wasn't even interested in tell me "I'm not into redheads/freckles/tattoos/etc," like I was going to be so disappointed... uh, nope. LOL

Old 03-14-2014, 03:14 PM

For the men who are getting all over this thread, I guess you aren't paying attention:

Maybe I'm too old fashioned....(I'm 40y/o)...but I'm tired of seeing this.
Female Butt Size
Women wearing sheer leggings and tights as pants
What do you consider an average woman?

And that's just from the first few pages, but I recall much worse ones in the past. Doesn't bother me, though, until they get downright nasty about it... we all have preferences, but it's important to respect those you don't find attractive. If you're into skinny women, fine, just don't go around calling everyone else a fat pig. Know what I mean?

Old 03-14-2014, 03:22 PM

286 posts, read 450,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
For the men who are getting all over this thread, I guess you aren't paying attention:

Maybe I'm too old fashioned....(I'm 40y/o)...but I'm tired of seeing this.
Female Butt Size
Women wearing sheer leggings and tights as pants
What do you consider an average woman?

And that's just from the first few pages, but I recall much worse ones in the past. Doesn't bother me, though, until they get downright nasty about it... we all have preferences, but it's important to respect those you don't find attractive. If you're into skinny women, fine, just don't go around calling everyone else a fat pig. Know what I mean?
right.. and those are just in the top 6 threads on this forum.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:58 PM

463 posts, read 559,575 times
OP I ran through your short list of turn-offs:

-I'm 5'10" (too short)

-Exceptionally handsome, college educated, witty, funny, great in bed, solid middle class income, and rock a million-dollar smile (credential w***e)

-I can't help but stare at a sexy body and will even walk up to the lucky lady to let her know (shameless eye undresser)

So call me maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty