Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 06:57 PM

260 posts, read 605,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Why? Plenty of men consider all women over a size 8 as an instant turn off.
Even if a size-8 woman is comparable in unattractivness to a short male, it's still, by the usual definition of shallowness, considered more shallow to call male shortness a turn-off, especially if you're defining "short" as being anything outside the top 14% of the height distribution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 07:13 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Vanity.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:32 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Even if a size-8 woman is comparable in unattractivness to a short male, it's still, by the usual definition of shallowness, considered more shallow to call male shortness a turn-off, especially if you're defining "short" as being anything outside the top 14% of the height distribution.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:54 PM

286 posts, read 450,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Now that is shallow, about as shallow as it gets. About the only thing that no one has control over, aside from race and gender.

OBTW, I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm within your acceptable height range, though I have no control over that either.
Great... then you are tall enough to successfully get off of your high horse.

There isn't any difference in preferring a woman with a certain physique, eye color, etc. Like one poster stated, most men will not date an obese woman.

And before you say they can control it, I know two women who are obese because of a verified medical issue.
Or what about hair... some women have genetic issues that makes them bald. Will you date a bald obese woman???

Please say yes or you will be considered shadow.

I've heard men say they only like busty blondes or thick chocolate girls. What about the girls wasn't born that way?

Old 03-12-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
So, what turns you off sexually has to do with a fashion accessory that you enjoy wearing? That makes no sense.
No, I was saying I love a good stiletto and at no point do I want to be bending down to kiss a man or staring him in the eye. I like looking UP into his eyes.

I know you aren't that dense.. you're able to read between the lines. Right?

Old 03-12-2014, 09:00 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
I don't agree with you, but I'm not looking to debate.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
What did men say to you while you were at the store?
It's not so much of what they say, I just get tired of being stopped.
I don't always feel like talking and I don't feel like I should have to.
My sisters and cousins agree and I feel as if other women probably feel the same way, but if i'm wrong tell me.

I don't appreciate a guy trying to "get to know me" all the time because:
  • I'm married
  • it's uncomfortable
  • I don't take compliments well
  • I don't always feel like talking
  • the majority of guys (in my generation mid 20s) probably just want sex.
  • it wastes my time.
  • I feel bad for turning them down
  • sometimes I have my children with me
  • some guys get offended
I could go on...

Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
Bad breath is at the very top of the list...

then somewhere, in no special order:

-Body Odor
-Too much cologne
-Slang/improper English
-Bad teeth (either obvious missing front teeth, or badly stained teeth, etc)
-Sagging pants
-Wife beaters (badly named, i know...but you know the type of undershirt i'm referring to ).

Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
Poor hygiene - I've dated guys that didn't wear cologne (although a good cologne, applied sparingly, is a plus), but they also didn't smell llike B.O. Bad breath, dirty and overgrown fingernails, stained clothes, come on, those are easy to fix. Make the effort.

Bad attitudes have to be the worst. If you're a complete a-hole, I don't care what else you've got going for you.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:02 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Stupidity
Narcissism
Being a know-it-all
Inflexibility
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty