Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 07:08 PM

769 posts, read 976,609 times

Advertisements

I wear yoga pants at home and running errands. Mine are thicker fabric and make my butt look good. However, if I had a rear the size of Texas I would not wear them. I dislike wearing clothes that are to tight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Yeah, I know I might get bashed for saying this, but as a heterosexual male, that is very attracted to women, I am tired of seeing women wear the TIGHTEST clothes that they can find.

It almost NEVER looks "Sexy" nor attractive. It really does look trashy.

You can look and feel VERY attractive in clothes without wearing the tightest clothes(or yoga pants and heels). That "look" is so low class.

Not to mention, since it seems like many women are dressing this way, they all look alike. Nothing unique.

Sorry if some of your are offended.
To take it a step further:

Why do some morbidly obese women think spandex is the right look for them?

Old 03-16-2014, 11:08 AM

993 posts, read 1,560,031 times
I don't wear skin tight clothes, but I do wear form-fitting clothes and often have my awesome cleavage on display. In the summer, crop-tops and dresses with cutouts aren't out of the question either.

You only get to be in your 20s once, might as well make the most of it. As they say, "if you've got it, flaunt it!"

Yoga pants with heels, though? That's an odd combination. Maybe you're just hanging around particularly inept people who don't know how to dress themselves.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:17 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I agree 100%. Wearing your clothes 2 sizes too small is not flattering.

I used to wonder why, in various online forums I used to follow, that women who claimed to be the same height and weight as me claimed that they wore size 4 when I wore size 8 (adjust that to size 2 & size 6 to account for vanity sizing ). Then the lightbulb went off in my head one day. It's because they all wear their clothes two sizes too small.
And have you ever noticed that also in the area of shoes ?

I can't tell you how many women I have observed with their toes or heels hanging over the sides of their heels/shoes! Ladies! That looks really bad and is a complete turn off!!!

Not to mention, have you ever seen pics of what wearing shoes too small will do to your feet/toes?!

If you don't have small feet, don't pretend you do by wearing and claiming a smaller shoe size.

Trust me, we men aren't dooped by it-- nor are we turned on by it. We DO notice the obvious deception!!

Old 03-16-2014, 11:27 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
But then guys would be complaining that women aren't wearing clothes that show their figure.
You don't need to wear tight spandex to show your figure. That's why fine tailoring was invented.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:31 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
I don't wear skin tight clothes, but I do wear form-fitting clothes and often have my awesome cleavage on display. In the summer, crop-tops and dresses with cutouts aren't out of the question either.

You only get to be in your 20s once, might as well make the most of it. As they say, "if you've got it, flaunt it!"

Yoga pants with heels, though? That's an odd combination. Maybe you're just hanging around particularly inept people who don't know how to dress themselves.

I think it should be "If you've got it cover it a wee bit more make them wonder exactly what you've got under there".
My opinion though but I have always dressed somewhat modestly and never felt the need to expose too much of my body in public and definitely not at the place I worked. Amazingly enough I never lacked for attention or dates and usually got more of both than others who "flaunted it".

Old 03-16-2014, 12:23 PM

993 posts, read 1,560,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think it should be "If you've got it cover it a wee bit more make them wonder exactly what you've got under there".
My opinion though but I have always dressed somewhat modestly and never felt the need to expose too much of my body in public and definitely not at the place I worked. Amazingly enough I never lacked for attention or dates and usually got more of both than others who "flaunted it".
That pretty much sums up everything my dad has been saying to me since I was a preteen.

I'm a big believer in the notion that a person should live his or her life as works best for that individual (so long as what works best for that individual isn't directly hurting others). Good for you if you get dates and attention your way, good for me for getting dates and attention my way. But I'd never compare the quantity or quality of those dates and attention because that's just silly, and varies person-to-person based on looks and personality and attitude.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:18 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
I love skin tight clothes on women as long as they have the body for it.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:52 PM

255 posts, read 407,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You don't need to wear tight spandex to show your figure. That's why fine tailoring was invented.
I don't wear spandex or tight clothes at all. My clothes usually fit, or are a size bigger. I don't have the confidence to show off my body because I don't have a pretty face. I was just surprised by this thread because I've seen other threads about women not wearing tight clothing. It seems someone is going to complain either way.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:47 AM

198 posts, read 273,786 times
I like clothing to be well-fitting, but not tight to the point where it looks like someone really had to suck it in to get their clothing on...or where there is a gap between blouse buttons, etc.

It does seem like we either see really tight clothing or the really baggy-falling-off-the-shoulder or hips type clothing. Neither is attractive to me. But...I'm not of the millenial generation. Every generation has their styles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty