Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 06:39 PM

638 posts, read 993,393 times

Advertisements

I recently got my first professional eyebrow waxing and was very pleased with the results. My eyebrows have always been very thick and hard to keep maintained by tweezing. Now that I've had a good cleaning and have a good outline,will I be able to keep it this way by diligently tweezing again,or will I have to keep on waxing every few weeks for the rest of my life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 07:06 PM

255 posts, read 407,227 times
With mine I've had to get them waxed since I was twelve years old, but everyone is different. When I was twelve, my eyebrows were extremely hairy and I had a unibrow. It wasn't me who decided to wax them, it was my sister because they bothered her so much. She made me sit down, and had two of her friends stay in case I decided to leave (I decided it wasn't worth the struggle though) and she waxed them for me. She did a pretty good job though. I thought that was it though, but for unfortunately I had to keep getting them waxed. I try to just do plucking with a stray hair here or there, but it seems like I wake up and there are just too many hairs to pluck. I feel like they just grow over night or something. So I go every few weeks to wax them, but I pluck stray hairs a few times. I keep hoping that if I get them waxed enough the hairs will just stop growing, but it doesn't seem to work that way. I've been getting them waxed for 15 years now.

You might be different though because my sister doesn't have to hers waxed as much as I have to. For some reason I had to end up with very bushy eyebrows.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:42 PM

168 posts, read 370,087 times
This is why I have never done it. I just don't feel like dealing with the upkeep, lol. More power to those that do!

Old 03-12-2014, 11:33 PM

26 posts, read 35,792 times
I wax them once a month, and pluck the rest of the time. Its part of my morning makeup routing (getting the strays), that way they don't build up.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
With mine I've had to get them waxed since I was twelve years old, but everyone is different. When I was twelve, my eyebrows were extremely hairy and I had a unibrow. It wasn't me who decided to wax them, it was my sister because they bothered her so much. She made me sit down, and had two of her friends stay in case I decided to leave (I decided it wasn't worth the struggle though) and she waxed them for me. She did a pretty good job though. I thought that was it though, but for unfortunately I had to keep getting them waxed. I try to just do plucking with a stray hair here or there, but it seems like I wake up and there are just too many hairs to pluck. I feel like they just grow over night or something. So I go every few weeks to wax them, but I pluck stray hairs a few times. I keep hoping that if I get them waxed enough the hairs will just stop growing, but it doesn't seem to work that way. I've been getting them waxed for 15 years now.

You might be different though because my sister doesn't have to hers waxed as much as I have to. For some reason I had to end up with very bushy eyebrows.
Thanks......I hope I am one of the lucky ones that want have to do it often. Is your skin red and burn for a little while after you have it done?

Old 03-13-2014, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyLadyTX View Post
I wax them once a month, and pluck the rest of the time. Its part of my morning makeup routing (getting the strays), that way they don't build up.
Once a month! WOW!! That is often! Hope I want have to do that! Not only because of the redness and burning afterwards,but the extra expense. I already spend a small fortune on my hair every six weeks. Do you have burning and redness after yours?

Old 03-13-2014, 04:27 AM

513 posts, read 736,919 times
Default If you wait long enough...

... you don't have to. I'm now in my 60s and have found I don't have to pluck because my eyebrows and eyelashes, too, sadly, have gotten thinner. I used to have very thick eyebrows and lots of "strays."
(May not be the answer you're looking for!)

Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 AM

255 posts, read 407,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
Thanks......I hope I am one of the lucky ones that want have to do it often. Is your skin red and burn for a little while after you have it done?
Yes, but they always put a soothing cream on afterwards.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
Yes, but they always put a soothing cream on afterwards.
They didn't put anything on mine.???? They should have!

Old 03-13-2014, 08:10 PM

367 posts, read 696,996 times
I have mine waxed about every 6 weeks at a beauty college. Cheaper.....about $ 8 that's with a tip. I don't have the patience to tweeze them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty