Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 04:16 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You need to get past this, really. The insecure pity party is likely about 10x more unattractive than thinning hair will ever be.
^^^ This, a million times over!! Good g-d, OP, how shallow are you? It's just HAIR. Once a person gets to know you, assuming you are a good & decent person, how many hairs you have on your head will not matter.

I really don't get this at all. Many if not most of the men I've been attracted to have been in some stage of hair loss -- it happens to many if not most men. (And I was the "cheerleader type" in my younger days and considered very attractive, but a man's HAIR was not on my list of things to look for in a mate -- his BRAIN mattered so much more to me, and still does.) Stop being so insecure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 04:21 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
It helps that he's a rich actor. I don't think many women actually lust over him. I've never seen a woman of Patrick Stewart in her room.
Patrick Stewart is old enough that late teen, 20 something and even early 30 something women are not likely to lust over him even if he had a lion's mane on him, you know, he's over 70 for Pete's sake. But women of those ages do lust over Vin Diesel (who is actually in his mid 40s and might be a rare case of looking younger with a shaved head than if he had a full head of (likely to be partially grey) hair) and Jason Statham, in fact I thought Jason Statham was in his 30s and just looked up that he was born 8 days before Vin Diesel down to the year (both are 46).

Old 03-20-2014, 10:56 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
I'm glad someone started debunking Patrick Stewart's appeal. If he had just an average voice, I don't think anyone would rate that baldie highly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post

lots of men nowadays are opting to shave full heads of hair off. It's now a viable and accepted hairstyle regardless of any MPB being present, be grateful your losing your hair now and not back in the 50's-60's. Besides, just because most men can look good shaved doesn't mean they can't also look good with hair. This is a harsh truth, but if your a good looking guy, you don't need hair. If your an ugly dude, no amount of hair is going to save you. You still ugly. This goes for women to, don't matter how fit and dressed to the 9's you are, your still ugly. It's all about facial structure/features/symmetry. Example: Jude law. Still a seriously good looking dude even with a short cut, MPB thing going on. It's because his face is attractive, that's what matters. And if he's a low level dude, no amount of facial attraction is going to save him either.

Men are going to great lengths to save or replace lost hair (hair transplants are brutal, you end up with a huge scar across the back of your head) because they are WAY off base and putting WAY too much stock in the hair on the top of their head. They are misguided, plain and simple.

The men who know they are worthy of women's affection and attention regardless of how they look never even consider hair transplants, they just go with the easiest haircut and forget about it and live their life. It's all about who you are, not how you look.
So close and yet so far. Yes, men who are facially good-looking with hair tend to look at least decent without, and facially ugly guys bad in both cases, but there are exceptions. Clooney would look mediocre with a shaved head - I can't explain why. Bieber, as a young pretty boy, would look freakish and alien-like without hair, a "devastating" change for him. Men with large noses and otherwise okay features often look much better with hair than without. FYI, some hair transplants don't require creating a scar.

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-20-2014 at 11:09 AM..

Old 03-20-2014, 11:14 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,657,533 times
I'm 30, and Patrick Stewart is still sexy.

Yes, the voice surely helps.

But I doubt that these self loathing, unmasculine whiners have zero positive attributes to play up. Are you telling me you are five foot nothing, bald, have hideous skin, a high thready voice, on thedole, are of low IQ and a jerk besides?

That is the only kind of many who can't find someone who is into him.

Unless... you are only accepting women who are 8+.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:51 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
it was devastating in the 80's when big hair was in, and not many men shaved their heads.
trust me on that.....

But now a days, a shaved head is like a hairstyle. We see commercials on TV with men with stubble on their heads, and fully shaved heads, it is pretty much the norm to see this now.
it will never go out of style because there will always be men that lose their hair.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:53 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
That's not shaved, that's a tight buzz. Look to vin diesel for an example, he still has hair yet shaves, and it's safe to say he's lusted after by women. Again, it's more because of who he is in his movie roles, that confident masculine vibe. A lot of clean shaven men have that confidence and aura about them, which is what women find sexy about them.

and me too !!!!!

Old 03-20-2014, 04:20 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I'm glad someone started debunking Patrick Stewart's appeal. If he had just an average voice, I don't think anyone would rate that baldie highly.

So close and yet so far. Yes, men who are facially good-looking with hair tend to look at least decent without, and facially ugly guys bad in both cases, but there are exceptions. Clooney would look mediocre with a shaved head - I can't explain why. Bieber, as a young pretty boy, would look freakish and alien-like without hair, a "devastating" change for him. Men with large noses and otherwise okay features often look much better with hair than without. FYI, some hair transplants don't require creating a scar.
A lot of it depends on whether or not you are used to seeing a guy with hair or not. If George Clooney started shaving his head before he made it to stardom you wouldn't think twice, much like Patrick Stewart, Vin diesel, Jason Stathem, etc. That's just the way they are, to think of them with hair is just weird.

You are downplaying a facially attractive man's continued attractiveness with a shaved/tight buzz'd head. If they are lean and strong and dress well they don't need hair, really truly don't. The attention gets drawn to their facial features when there isn't a big mop of hair to distract (not to mention facially attractive people also have nicely shaped noggins), and when you have nice facial features it doesn't hurt to have people visually drawn to them. Ugly guys really just are out of luck, except the fact that you don't need to be a male model to get a high quality woman.

This applies to women too. A great hairdo and fit body doesn't make her face any more attractive. Then there are women like Natalie Portman who are beautiful with a buzz cut and long hair.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:57 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
George Clooney does have a handsome face, but his wrinkles, long philtrum, sagging earlobes, etc. are much more apparent when his hair disappears. I think a man has to have a very attractive, somewhat masculine face for him to not look much worse bald.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:09 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,101 times
Hopefully this will help:

Taiwan Start's World's First Human Study on Hair Cloning | The end of hair loss and balding by 2020

Old 03-21-2014, 04:37 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
I'm sure someone else has already posted this, but there are lots of hot bald guys. Better to shave it all off than to have weird comb-overs etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty