U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2007, 09:36 AM
 
Location: The best country in the world: the USA
1,497 posts, read 4,374,929 times
Reputation: 727

Advertisements

This will anger you and make you wonder if you should shop for Victoria Secret's products again.

Not only that... most stuff you find at Victoria's Secret (with few exception) can be pruchased at Target or Ross for 1/3 of the price. My wife has seen how crappy some of the Vic Secret products are compared to some more generic at Target or other discount stores.

I used to joke "these undies at Target are made by the same slave laborers as the Victoria's Secret ones, except they cost less at Target. They don't have to pay bolemic women to advertise their stuff at Target".

Now it is not funny anymore. They REALLY use slave labor!!

What are you feeling about this???

Here is the video: FOXNews.com - Video Launch Page - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2007, 09:39 AM
 
7,367 posts, read 6,527,849 times
Reputation: 1248
Wow! I thought Fox was in the tank for corporate interests. Surely they wouldn't do a piece stepping on VS's toes.

VS likely didn't know how their products were being manufactured since they don't own the plants. We'll just have to wait and see what the investigation concludes before passing judgement on VS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 09:48 AM
 
12,620 posts, read 17,690,078 times
Reputation: 2988
I LOVE VS.......... I have bought their cotton bras for over 10 yrs they last and last. They are the only one I don't fight they are comfortable.
Now some of the other ones lace and such not so well but the cotton ones right on!
If this is true I will be so sad... sad... sad..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry NC/Randolph NJ/Cape Coral FL
12,928 posts, read 24,057,734 times
Reputation: 10744
Well that really makes me mad & sad
VS has some of the best cotton bras around...body by Victoria are fabulous
If you think you can find the exact same bra at Targets cheaper i think you may be dreaming as I've looked & compared....no comparison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 10:12 AM
 
Location: on an island
13,374 posts, read 40,158,807 times
Reputation: 13176
Victoria's dirty little secret has been going around the internet for awhile.

You can contact Leslie Wexner, the CEO of Limited Brands, which puts out Victoria Secret clothing, and protest the treatment of the workers in Jordan:

Leslie Wexner, CEO
Limited Brands Inc.
3 Limited Pkwy.
Columbus, Ohio 43230
United States

Phone: (614) 415-7000
Fax: (614) 415-7080
E-mail: tkatzenmeyer@limitedbrands.com

As for the comparison with Target, well, I love Target, but I don't think I'd buy my bras there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 10:12 AM
 
Location: in drifts of snow wherever you go
2,493 posts, read 3,061,744 times
Reputation: 692
Slave labor is nothing new. America outsources a LOT nowadays because manufacturing prices overseas are so low. It is always interesting to me that people get so upset about illegal immigrants coming in to "steal our jobs." I think the whole illegal immigrant thing is simply a distraction from what is really going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry NC/Randolph NJ/Cape Coral FL
12,928 posts, read 24,057,734 times
Reputation: 10744
It's becoming extremely hard to purchase anything anymore with a Made in the USA label
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 10:16 AM
 
Location: The best country in the world: the USA
1,497 posts, read 4,374,929 times
Reputation: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Wow! I thought Fox was in the tank for corporate interests. Surely they wouldn't do a piece stepping on VS's toes.

VS likely didn't know how their products were being manufactured since they don't own the plants. We'll just have to wait and see what the investigation concludes before passing judgement on VS.
Fox is looking out for Americans, man. That is why they wnat you to see this kind of stuff. In any case, I find VS to be a pathetic clothing shop which advertises anorexic women as the standard (I honestly only few that 1 or 2 of their models are pretty, the rest are anorexic and very disgusting). Their products are of CRAPPY quality at best. My wife would blow $25 on a bra there and the semas would come undone in a week. So she stopped going to VS. She gets prettier stuff at Ross or Target that lasts. And we save money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I LOVE VS.......... I have bought their cotton bras for over 10 yrs they last and last. They are the only one I don't fight they are comfortable.
Now some of the other ones lace and such not so well but the cotton ones right on!
If this is true I will be so sad... sad... sad..............
The video speaks for itself. Watch it and see the undercover cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Well that really makes me mad & sad
VS has some of the best cotton bras around...body by Victoria are fabulous
If you think you can find the exact same bra at Targets cheaper i think you may be dreaming as I've looked & compared....no comparison
VS claims they don't know about it. Just like Maetel who makes products dipped in lead paint and claim "they have no clue" on what is going on. PLEASE!! Gimme a break! These companies just don't give a crap. They are ok paying bolemic women millions but refuse to make sure companies that make these products treat employees with some dignity. 1 day off every 3 months! 12 hour days with 3 mins pee breaks!?!

VS has statements of "corporate responsibilty" on their website and they certainly live up to "such standards". .

It is like the sneakers that are made for kids BY kids!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry NC/Randolph NJ/Cape Coral FL
12,928 posts, read 24,057,734 times
Reputation: 10744
Do you have a specific issue with VS? just sounds like you are after them in particular with a vengence...lol.... I've never had a shoddy bra from VS NEVER..they have lasted a few years and I don't have time to wash them delicately..right in the washer & dryer they go
While I certainly do not condone slave labor ..Vs isn't the first and more then likely not the last to be caught at this

Hopefully being made public they will over see what goes on in their over seas factories
Didn't the Gap just have a similiar issue

Last edited by njkate; 12-05-2007 at 11:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2007, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Northeast TN
3,885 posts, read 7,208,135 times
Reputation: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Do you have a specific issue with VS? just sounds like you are after them in particular with a vengence...lol.... I've never had a shoddy bra from VS NEVER..they have lasted a few years and I don't have time to wash them delicately..right in the washer & dryer they go
While I certainly do not condone slave labor ..Vs isn't the first and more then likely not the last to be caught at this

Hopefully being made public they will over see what goes on in their over seas factories
Didn't the Gap just have a similiar issue
I have to agree. And I refuse to give up the PINK line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top