Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 06:11 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,411,083 times

Advertisements

I often smile, when I see a sharp woman dressed comfortable and nice, sleeveless or otherwise,

I still look at the keepers, shoot OP, I am the same age as you and I betcha, you'll look nice either way. Go for it.

And, if you drive by the Firehouse on a Saturday morning and whistle, I give you nice wave and say hey there she is..

Looking good as always..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 06:30 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amil23 View Post
If you're asking here then you need sleeves. I seldom wear short-sleeved shirts anymore and certainly not sleeve-less. Just a matter of my value in my own appearance in public. My body is like wrinkled leather now and I prefer to keep that to myself. Even to the extent of sparing my wife the sight of my wrinkled and mottled hide 24/7. To me it shows lack of respect for her to allow my appearance to go downhill just because it is now only just us two. Plus it does keep me from looking so old, which is important in my work life.
Too funny! Your post cracked me up. I think people should balance their confidence in their bodies with revealing so much of themselves that they are an eyesore. I think it depends more on how muscular your triceps are, not so much on the presence of wrinkles or age spots. If you have that back of the arm flab as so many of us ladies do, it's a good idea to pass on sleeveless.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:41 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,349,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I wear sleeveless. I wear tanks.

As long as summers get hot, I will wear sleeveless.

Don't like it? Too bad, so sad. Look away if you want. I, frankly, don't care what anyone else thinks of me wearing what I find comfortable, which in the summer is shorts and tanks.

I'm over 50, so I can wear whatever the $%^# I want!
^This

When I was a pre-teen, I spent a couple years refusing to wear anything revealing (sleeveless shirts or shorts), because I felt ugly & wanted to hide.
Now it's 30 yrs. later & never again will I deny my own bodily comfort like that-no matter that my arms are regrettably jiggly.
It gets hot here in summer, and regardless of appearance/fashion, there are times when a sleeveless tank is the only tolerable item to wear. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty