Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times

Advertisements

Yes, use the PedEgg or rasp LIGHTLY. You can injure yourself "sanding" too zealously, and open yourself to skin infections. DO NOT take razor to your feet, or let anybody else. Ugh. No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 09:20 PM

508 posts, read 663,036 times
This is the 2nd time this month I've posted it, but what you need is Mycocide CX Callus Exfoliator

I can't stand the thick dry skin that builds up on my heels. Trying to sand it off - or "rasp" it off either - often resulted in skin rubbed raw and even more discomfort. Try this stuff - it totally cleared up the problem. Use it every other day or even daily, until your feet return to normal. Then just use it as needed.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:40 PM

2,231 posts, read 2,401,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
You have calluses on your feet for a reason. DON'T CUT. I'd go in for a good pedicure, and then keep it up with daily pumicing and moisturizing (I like Curel Foot Therapy)and when the calluses grow out a bit, use a ped-egg or rasp -- and use it LIGHTLY. You can file the calluses down, but they will never be gone.
Are you saying calluses are supposed to be there? There is no way to get completely smooth feet?

Old 03-22-2014, 12:18 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
I am not a pedi egg fan, doesn't seem to get my feet smooth enough. I like the finer metal files better.

I preferred this rasp to my pedi egg:

Amazon.com: Denco Easy Grip Professional Foot Smoother ~ Callus Shaver ~ w/Lifetime Warranty: Health & Personal Care

Old 03-22-2014, 06:26 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,404,871 times
I saw this thread in the "active threads" column out of the corner of my eye while I was over posting at Food and Drink. LOL. I guess the Caesar salad with freshly-grated parmesan can wait.

Anyway, I have a pedicure tool from Tweezerman - it's a 2-in-1; one side has a foot file, and the other has a surface similar to the PedEgg. The two sides are kept together by a magnet for storage. I soak my feet and then dry them off (not completely dry), then I use the rough side first and follow up with the foot file. Like others have said, you don't want to be overzealous because you'll cause your feet to be sore, or even bleed. Then follow up with a good lotion. Because of the pressure that your body weight puts on the soles of your feet, friction of shoes, etc. some areas of your feet will always have thicker skin than others, but regular attention to your feet will make a big difference.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:23 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Are you saying calluses are supposed to be there? There is no way to get completely smooth feet?
Well, yes. Calluses build up to protect your feet. Obviously your feet can be soft and don't have to look like hooves, but basically the only way to not have calluses is to never walk.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:32 AM

24,467 posts, read 10,793,748 times
Have you looked at your foot wear and posture?

Old 03-22-2014, 07:35 AM

12,057 posts, read 10,261,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Well, yes. Calluses build up to protect your feet. Obviously your feet can be soft and don't have to look like hooves, but basically the only way to not have calluses is to never walk.
I wore combat boots for over 20 years and never had calluses. I also wore thick Thorlo or other good boot sock to provide cushion.

At home I wear closed shoes with socks. I save the sandals when I am out and about. I think not protecting your feet leads to dry gross hooves.

If you are going to wear sandals or flip flops all day, try to put lotion on your feet throughout the day. I put lotion on my hands and forearms after I wash my hands, so why not feet?

Old 03-22-2014, 09:53 AM

2,231 posts, read 2,401,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Have you looked at your foot wear and posture?
No, does that make a difference?

Old 03-22-2014, 10:12 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,267,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Go for the pedicure and go from there. They will use a razor thingy andd get rid of all that skin.
It depends what state you're in. The razor tools are illegal for spa use in some states. Most now use only chemical exfoliants or foot files.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty