Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:55 AM

8 posts, read 12,031 times

Advertisements

When did you all start noticing little fine lines and wrinkles on your face? I'm in my mid-twenties and it's definitely starting for me. I'm trying out the new StriVectin SD cream for wrinkles and stretch marks since I started working with the company and after about 4 weeks, it seems to be working. My skin looks and feels healthier and (hopefully not just in my mind) those lines I was starting to notice aren't as prominent.

Has anyone else tried StriVectin? What are the longer terms results like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 08:57 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,653,596 times
The best thing you can do for yourself is to wear sunscreen every singe day, no exceptions. Either a moisturizer with a high spf or perhaps makeup, whatever you choose, but do it.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,326,353 times
Use sunscreen spf 60+. Go and get a prescription for tazorac cream. It is a retin a cream that was prescribed by my dermatologist. Also ask the dermatologist about photorejuvenation treatments.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,859,282 times
Agree, best two things to keep wrinkles off the face are to protect yourself from the sun at an early age (sun damage shows 35 years after the fact) and don't ever smoke. Sunscreen is good year round but a hat in addition with a big floppy brim when outside for extended periods is even better. Hydrate/moisturize inside and out!

Old 11-08-2010, 06:03 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,030,055 times
Protect myself from the sun and use Vaseline at night for a moisturizer. It works great! I'm fifty and hardly have anything but fine lines. Smoking is bad and I've never done it. That is probably part of it too.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:51 AM

8 posts, read 12,031 times
Thanks for the advice everyone. I definitely need to remember to put sunscreen on everyday. I always remember to do so when I'm outside at the beach or something, but I don't always remember everyday.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:11 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,644,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzik10 View Post
When did you all start noticing little fine lines and wrinkles on your face? I'm in my mid-twenties and it's definitely starting for me. I'm trying out the new StriVectin SD cream for wrinkles and stretch marks since I started working with the company and after about 4 weeks, it seems to be working. My skin looks and feels healthier and (hopefully not just in my mind) those lines I was starting to notice aren't as prominent.

Do no smoke cigarettes, eat a healthy diet avoiding soda & junk foods, go for a walk, bike ride, play a low impact sport, or garden, get at least 8 hours of sleep everyday, avoid to much sun by wearing a broad brim hat, limit alcohol intake and find time to nourish your soul with prayer often.

These are the thing that will go miles and miles toward a good healthy body that will age gently to not hide your natural beauty.

If you do ALL of these things you won't need any stinking skin creams to keep your skin young(er).

Old 11-09-2010, 03:20 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,524,581 times
Botox > Strivectin.

ETA: And I have used Strivectin and like most good creams I think it helps with the skins texture, but not so much with fine lines. You're young, a little younger than me, and you'd be surprised at what a tiny amount of Botox can do for us with barely any lines...for cheaper than you think.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:39 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,418,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzik10 View Post

Isn't advertising for a product in a post a violation of C-D terms of service?

Old 11-09-2010, 05:40 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Isn't advertising for a product in a post a violation of C-D terms of service?
LOL I was thinking the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty