Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 09:11 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwalkthanks View Post
What a ridiculous example. So you interpret the argument as a man in practically full drag vs a woman wearing pants. Talk about a straw-man argument!
Perhaps I should have used the word(s) "and/or" instead of "and". That way, the analogy here might be more accurate, considering that I would then be talking about males wearing only one of these things versus a woman wearing pants.

As a side note, though, I do know that some women dress and look like men, though (for instance, at least some butch lesbians look (a lot) like men).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Maybe we all are, I mean in many species that seems the case. If anything males moreso than females.
You could be right in regards to this.

I read that in humans, bisexuality might be more frequent in females. That said, I am wondering how many human males, in contrast to human females, explored and experimented with their sexuality.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
I knew he was a man right away.
He was a man, but he was incredibly feminine, to the extent that his mom called him "my little girl". Hence my point here.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:16 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Ive seen some effiminate men throw down with the best of em. However id venture to say that an effiminate man wouldnt be taking a woman into dangerous situations in the first place.
True, but I'm trying to put myself in a woman who just met a effeminate man and is confronted by some ruffians. I wonder how safe would she feel?

Old 03-29-2014, 09:18 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
thats funny,..ive seen it said by many women here, other online forums, in real life, on tv. but hey didnt you know that caring, thoughtful, and sensitive guys are gay? Thats the word around the water cooler.

As for where i live, i live in bible belt, usa
Your location explains a lot. Most of the caring, thoughtful, sensitive guys I know are married and doing well in their profession. But they're not in the Bible Belt. Women like them because they're secure in their masculinity. They're comfortable expressing a wider range of their emotions than the homophobic guys who feel they have something to prove, and put on a macho show.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:19 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
True, but I'm trying to put myself in a woman who just met a effeminate man and is confronted by some ruffians. I wonder how safe would she feel?
i dont know what you mean by putting yourself in a woman but i dont know did you maybe think of calling 911? theres tons of different i hope im not dating a gay person scenarios. What if i was driving down the road and a plane crashed in front of me and a gay man was in the back seat? What if i was parachuting and the guy next to me was gay and my chute didnt open? What if i was selling my donkey and the gay guy next to me said i had a nice ass?

Sometimes you just have to let life happen.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Ive seen some effiminate men throw down with the best of em. However id venture to say that an effiminate man wouldnt be taking a woman into dangerous situations in the first place.
^

I agree with this, and I also want to point out that an effeminate man might possibly make better decisions in a dangerous situation. For instance, if some thief demanded that a woman and her effeminate boyfriend/husband give him their wallet(s), then this effeminate man might agree to do this and thus possibly lead to both him and his girlfriend/wife escaping this situation unharmed. In contrast, a macho man might pick a fight with this thief and thus possibly cause himself and/or his girlfriend/wife to get hurt and/or killed afterwards in the resulting fight.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:49 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Even though i have 8 years of army infantry under my belt, i still dont go out into bad parts of town. I do my best to avoid them. Just because im a guy doesnt mean anything. Id much rather avoid a confrontation than to have to try to win one.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Even though i have 8 years of army infantry under my belt, i still dont go out into bad parts of town. I do my best to avoid them. Just because im a guy doesnt mean anything. Id much rather avoid a confrontation than to have to try to win one.
Yeah, this is definitely some good common sense on your part. If only more biological males had such good common sense.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:55 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
You could be right in regards to this.

I read that in humans, bisexuality might be more frequent in females. That said, I am wondering how many human males, in contrast to human females, explored and experimented with their sexuality.
Where did you read that? Maybe in this day and age, but I think pretty much all past studies including the Kinsey study showed bisexuality was more common in males. Depictions of male homosexuality and instances of men who slept with both women and men seem a lot more common (I don't think the whole 'man's point of view' reason fully applies), which would make sense since men have a higher sex drive in general. The stigma against homosexuality is the main thing stopping men from even contemplating being sexual with men, but in a more liberal environment these lusts would flow a lot freer (even if they still prefer women). Hence a lot of the condemnation of homosexuality in say the Bible or the Quran. Pure homosexuality actually seems rare than bisexuality throughout history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty