U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 11:52 AM

30 posts, read 103,875 times

Advertisements

I'm curious because I have heard this said a lot. But it really turns out it always seems guys are actually talking about wide hips. I've noticed with more women of especially non-african heritage don't have big butts well the technically meaning of a truly big butt. Which is to have an ass arch basically. Also I know a girl who has an ass arch and a lot of guys who like big asses always say she has no ass because she has narrow hips. But I'm thick with wide hips and an average butt and people say I have a very large butt when it's just my hips and thighs really. How come some men don't actually know what they like? Or why is this?

Old 03-29-2014, 12:37 PM

5,707 posts, read 4,280,411 times
Perhaps because they don't know the proper definitions of "butt" and/or of "hips"?

This is something which I don't see where I live, though. Here, if a male says that he likes females with big butts, he literally means what he says.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:36 PM

896 posts, read 864,071 times
there *are* men who like big butts and they cannot lie. heh pun intended. i am one of them. the added padding on the butt gives the woman a nice curve from all angles. flat butts (pippa from UK royalty) are nasty. they are a big turnoff for me personally as they remind me of men. i know the difference between hips and butt and while it's nice to feel that curve as i run my hand around it, the butt visually shapes the woman's body as the opposite of man (it is feminine vs. flat)

Old 03-30-2014, 08:40 AM

97 posts, read 164,708 times
Men like big shapely butts, the big flat spongebob squarepants butts are a turn off, in other words if a pen would slide off the butt, it's a fail, if you can balance a tray on the butt standing up, you've got it going on, LOL

Old 03-30-2014, 01:15 PM

30 posts, read 103,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejay24/7 View Post
Men like big shapely butts, the big flat spongebob squarepants butts are a turn off, in other words if a pen would slide off the butt, it's a fail, if you can balance a tray on the butt standing up, you've got it going on, LOL
Yea but a square butt can be big. And can have the arch.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:41 PM

2,482 posts, read 2,608,466 times
I like a nice round bubble butt

Old 03-30-2014, 06:48 PM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 19 days ago)

10,290 posts, read 10,446,371 times
I can't answer for any other man, but I can say without a doubt I love big butts! My wife is quite gifted back there and it just drives me crazy!

Old 03-30-2014, 08:39 PM

3,037 posts, read 2,338,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickierose20 View Post
I'm curious because I have heard this said a lot. But it really turns out it always seems guys are actually talking about wide hips. I've noticed with more women of especially non-african heritage don't have big butts well the technically meaning of a truly big butt. Which is to have an ass arch basically. Also I know a girl who has an ass arch and a lot of guys who like big asses always say she has no ass because she has narrow hips. But I'm thick with wide hips and an average butt and people say I have a very large butt when it's just my hips and thighs really. How come some men don't actually know what they like? Or why is this?
This is your second thread about this matter, is it really that important to you... Maybe your butt is big to these particular men. *shrugs*

Some men like big butts, others don't, others could care less. I'm sure if your butt really wasn't big, these men wouldn't think it was big... It may not be as big as you think it should be(to meet the definition of the word big butt) but it's obviously big enough to those selected group of men. A lot of people have completely different definitions of a big butt.

I had lost a lot of weight right after I had my son, and my butt IMO had gotten very small. I was like a size 4-I couldn't imagine how at a size 4, my butt could be considered big. My waist was very small at the time too, as was my legs, etc, so I guess if people were looking at my silouhoute my butt which had always been on the bigger side, might have appeared bigger on my smaller frame(at that time). Because for whatever reason I went out and whenever I did, I had comments from men about how big my butt was. I was surprised and annoyed(since I had lost a lot of weight and yet I was still being called thick or big booty). Anyway after that experience, being as slim as i was and still being told that I had a big butt, I realized that everyone truly has a different definition of big. My ex thought my butt was very small during that time period, so did I--others did not.

We're all unique... I suspect that some men might like your butt, because your hips are wide, whereas there are other men that might prefer a different type of butt. Really doesn't matter, since overall, I've found that most men even those that prefer butts, would still date a woman that didn't have a big butt if she was the right woman for him.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:43 AM

686 posts, read 933,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I like a nice round bubble butt
^^ This!!!!

When men (me at least) say we like big butts, this is exactly what we mean - nice round bubble butt.

It HAS to be round and it has to come with a small waist and flat stomach.

This is a "big booty":
http://www.downvids.net/video/bestim...ts-bro-567.jpg

This is as well:
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...58756848_n.jpg

What is important is to not take the literal meaning of the word "BIG" when hearing the term "big booty". Big does not mean fat. It usually doesn't mean 40 plus inches (unless you are Alexis Texas).

Old 03-31-2014, 08:53 AM

686 posts, read 933,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickierose20 View Post
We know what we like, its just sometime difficult to explain it. We know it when we see it. If we try to explain it, often times people misunderstand and/or we don't do a very good job of explaining it. But believe me, we know it when we see it.

As I said above, do not take the literal meaning of the word BIG. We when say big butt we basically just mean sexy and attractive butt. Like Jen Selter. People say "OMG she has a nice big butt" when she really just has a well shaped butt.

Moderator cut: image removed

Here is another "big butt". Notice the small waist, flat stomach and, as you said in your OP an "a$$ arch".
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 04-02-2014 at 02:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or