Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 08:44 AM

198 posts, read 273,892 times

Advertisements

I think it is a little bit of both. Women who have great figures and gorgeous hair think they have to dress sexy. They seem insecure to me. They think everyone is in competition with them, while they are mainly in competition with themselves.

I've been to enough parties where I've seen them literally making fools of themselves...acting flirtatious, hanging onto the man they are with like they are chained to them, and trying to act so lovey-dovey with that man. They can't be enjoying themselves as they are so busy putting on an act. Maybe men can't figure out the act, but other women can. I would have liked to tell one of the wives who was acting this way at the last Christmas party that she should see how her husband acts in the office. Of course, I didn't...but he is as big a flirt as she is.

Meanwhile, we down-to-earth women dress up at a party so that we look as nice as possible and have a great time being ourselves at the party...not trying to impress everyone with our appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 12:41 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteagirl View Post
I think it is a little bit of both. Women who have great figures and gorgeous hair think they have to dress sexy. They seem insecure to me. They think everyone is in competition with them, while they are mainly in competition with themselves.

I've been to enough parties where I've seen them literally making fools of themselves...acting flirtatious, hanging onto the man they are with like they are chained to them, and trying to act so lovey-dovey with that man. They can't be enjoying themselves as they are so busy putting on an act. Maybe men can't figure out the act, but other women can. I would have liked to tell one of the wives who was acting this way at the last Christmas party that she should see how her husband acts in the office. Of course, I didn't...but he is as big a flirt as she is.

Meanwhile, we down-to-earth women dress up at a party so that we look as nice as possible and have a great time being ourselves at the party...not trying to impress everyone with our appearance.
So down-to-earth women = not great figures and no gorgeous hair?

What is wrong with dressing sexy? Or do you mean CHEAP and REVEALING?

I might be wrong but you sound like an overweight, jealous woman who hates women who spend a great effort on working out, staying slim and sexy and therefore get the guys you want.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:45 PM

I dress casually sexy without beeing revealing or slutty. A tight jeans, regular top and low heel boots is totally enough for me and it takes me 5 minutes in the mornings. People can see that I work out without needing to see skin.

A compliment from a woman (if it isn't fake) is way more worth to me as a compliment from a man because women are more critical than guys who just want to see skin and boobs.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:47 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteagirl View Post
I think it is a little bit of both. Women who have great figures and gorgeous hair think they have to dress sexy. They seem insecure to me.
Women with great figures and gorgeous hair can pretty much look sexy no matter how they dress, including if they are wearing a potato sack.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:10 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Women with great figures and gorgeous hair can pretty much look sexy no matter how they dress, including if they are wearing a potato sack.
Attractive women are the most self absorbed. They don't want to be caught wearing crap in public. Whenever I am standing on line at Starbucks and spots a good looking gal. What is she doing? Checking herself out with any reflection out there. Even if the store front window has just a tiny reflection they will check themselves out. Fix the hair or ensure their clothing is not wrinkled and their tops are unbuttoned just enough.

I know one thing for a fact is women are jealous creatures. Any women out of their league appearing on the cover of Vogue is immediately a target.

The reason some actresses have body guards is to protect themselves from other women.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:13 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Attractive women are the most self absorbed. They don't want to be caught wearing crap in public. Whenever I am standing on line at Starbucks and spots a good looking gal. What is she doing? Checking herself out with any reflection out there. Even if the store front window has just a tiny reflection they will check themselves out. Fix the hair or ensure their clothing is not wrinkled and their tops are unbuttoned just enough.

I know one thing for a fact is women are jealous creatures. Any women out of their league appearing on the cover of Vogue is immediately a target.

The reason some actresses have body guards is to protect themselves from other women.
I don't agree with that. There are a lots of attractive women who were just born that way who are modest and humble. They actually tone down their appearance to avoid drawing unwanted attention to themselves. You are hanging around the wrong kind of women if this is your assumption about attractive women.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:37 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I don't agree with that. There are a lots of attractive women who were just born that way who are modest and humble. They actually tone down their appearance to avoid drawing unwanted attention to themselves. You are hanging around the wrong kind of women if this is your assumption about attractive women.
I have seen less examples of those trying to avoid unnecessary attention. These days women feel confident about their beauty and hiding it would be anti-feminist.

I have no problem seeing a confident attractive woman in good looking clothing it's the little things they do that bothers me. Such as constantly checking themselves out, non-stop fixing of the hair or using their iphones as a mirror.

The only time women tone down their appearance is on their way to work in a commuter train.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:57 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,348,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I dress casually sexy without beeing revealing or slutty. A tight jeans, regular top and low heel boots is totally enough for me and it takes me 5 minutes in the mornings. People can see that I work out without needing to see skin.

A compliment from a woman (if it isn't fake) is way more worth to me as a compliment from a man because women are more critical than guys who just want to see skin and boobs.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:11 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,348,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
So, well dressed women are deemed self absorbed by you? I've seen, what I'd consider, unattractive wo/men check themselves out in store front windows/mirrors. What does that mean? Nothing. Most people think they are good looking, nothing more. Haven't you ever seen a couple you'd consider completely undesirable physically? Well, they must have been attracted to each other at some point, yeah? You're bashing those who look better than you or are out of your league, nothing more.

Quote:
Well, I do agree with you there. Men can be jealous creatures, as well... of their gorgeous gf's... witness, the Pistorious trial in S. Africa. People keep yelping about unfair fat bashing... but, the same has happened to those who'd be considered thin/fit/pretty. Take a step back & view the bashing dialogue... it's all over the spectrum. Prejudice & jealously are the same, no matter which target they settle upon.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
You're bashing those who look better than you or are out of your league, nothing more.

People keep yelping about unfair fat bashing... but, the same has happened to those who'd be considered thin/fit/pretty. Take a step back & view the bashing dialogue... it's all over the spectrum. Prejudice & jealously are the same, no matter which target they settle upon.
Yep. Women who put effort in their appearance and work their butt off at gym while starving to keep their nice figure get bashed by "down to earth women", whatever that means (sounds like a chubby person).

Overweight women get bashed by fit women.

Ugly people get bashed.

Attractive people get bashed.

The poor. The rich.

Everybody does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty