Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 12:30 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
That's good to know.
If I ever need to place my parents in a nursing home or assisted living environment, I'll at least know they aren't living their lives in pj's.

Many times the parents have more common sense than the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,404 times
Again, if PJ's are acceptable to wear in public places why not wear just underwear in public places. also.

Once a person heads down the slippery slope of losing self respect, why not slip a little farther.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:14 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Loungewear and PJ's are two different things to me. If someone is in the doctors office, or grocery store with longewear on ....no big deal (I wear it at times too). But it's those bright pink, Hello Kitty type of PJ's that I feel are not appropriate to wear out. And yes most of the people that wear them out look like they have just slept in them....gross!
Well I'm 50 so no Hello Kitty going on here..

Old 04-04-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
The first pic was pretty similar to what I wore, though the top wasn't fitted and my pants had a small pin-dot print.

I wear that stuff to bed too...I don't own the classic nightgown/flowery pj prints.
I use wear PJ's until I married Italian so there they went..Now I'm menopause so hot flashes...:P

Old 04-04-2014, 01:22 PM

I do wear this for yoga, would I go shopping or doc's in this??? No...

Old 04-04-2014, 02:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Again, if PJ's are acceptable to wear in public places why not wear just underwear in public places. also.

Once a person heads down the slippery slope of losing self respect, why not slip a little farther.
Well we'll have to disagree then. If someone is so ill that they can't get dressed or going in for a minor surgery/out patient procedure I'm not going to judge them. I think I'd feel a bit of empathy for them.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:24 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I did not know there was a dress code for the doctor. Not that I would wear PJ's, but I would likely where something rather casual, comfortable, and easy to get into and out of.
There is a dress code to go out of your house! Pajamas are not on the list. I think it is so incredibly tacky and lazy. Women in PJs outside of their homes: slobs.

JMO.

I mean, why not just go in a towel if we're going for ease here? KWIM?

Old 04-04-2014, 04:28 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
I used to be critical of this.
Then I got a huge and horrid case of Shingles. (Get your vaccine, folks!!!)
I couldn't sleep, couldn't breathe, couldn't move, and could barely drive. Everything hurt. The only thing I COULD wear were loose fitting, soft jammies. So I got myself down to Urgent Care and then over to Walgreens for the prescription. At that point, the pain was so horrific that I REALLY did NOT CARE what anyone else thought. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Fashion doesn't count when it comes to extreme pain!

And... hey, go to Vietnam. They are ALL in jammies!

OH -- and since so many on this thread are fashionistas - I'll propose a bet: If Celebs started wearing jammies in public, I'd bet most of you would suddenly find this tres cool and chic... Just sayin'

Old 04-04-2014, 04:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
From a female perspective - in and out of clothes:>) versus heels/hose/panties/bra/.....
Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? You can look clean and put together in public without having to wear heels and hosiery.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Well we'll have to disagree then. If someone is so ill that they can't get dressed or going in for a minor surgery/out patient procedure I'm not going to judge them. I think I'd feel a bit of empathy for them.
I agree, I've been there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty