Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 03:58 PM

21,810 posts, read 25,086,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
I'm assuming the shirt is tucked in for this situation so if keeping the cut/lines/drape clean is priority one, I'd go with a small polymer gun on the ankle.
Only thing that's really noticeable is the clips with IWB. I carried a 9 a few times into the office when I was going shooting after work and didn't want to have to stop by home. Drape wasn't bad. Definitely not invisible carry, but no visible "gunprint". Clips make it pretty obvious to anyone who knows, but they usually don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 05:20 PM
JL

8,520 posts, read 14,525,908 times
Here is a German brand...stylish to the max....lol...it can pass as a fancy carry case of some sort.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:42 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,577,351 times
I don't own a gun but I always thought a bra holster would be nice: Flashbang Bra Holster

Old 04-04-2014, 07:15 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,663,788 times
Lightbulb Attitudes are changing, even Chicago now has to tolerate CCW.

My town has pretty much zero violent crime, yet 1 in 10 residents carry. I'm more concerned about running into a black bear (they're out and hungry right now) or a pack of coyotes than any human threat.
As far as "fashion" goes, I have a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. It's not invisible, but close enough -- open carry is fine here, so there's no worries about printing, just needs to be sufficiently concealed that I don't scare the tourists if I stop in at Starbucks for a red eye.

If you need secure storage that doesn't scream "Gun!", check out the various Pac-Safe products with eXomesh and anchor points for a padlock. You can attach a soft carry case onto your regular laptop security cable at your desk, avoid casual handling/theft without drawing attention.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:27 PM

541 posts, read 860,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvanderbosch View Post
What is everyone wearing to carry their handgun and keep it well hidden?
Not against handguns but if I had one I'd hide it in my purse.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:31 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,095 times
Smart carry or thunderwear. I wear suits. With this option I can take off my jacket and the gun will still be concealed even with tailored clothing.

I wanted to do the whole shoulder rig thing but my suit jackets are too tailored for that to be a viable option.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:47 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Here is a German brand...stylish to the max....lol...it can pass as a fancy carry case of some sort.
they aren't designed for actual pistols, they are a man purse posing as a holster. Got my hopes up for a second, that could be a cool option for "semi-open carry". Not quite as in your face as a exposed pistol but not IWB. Thinking it would be nice for road trips and when your sitting down a lot.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:02 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Concealed carry is illegal here. It lands you in prison.
Not if you do it correctly.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,168,512 times
I don't own a firearm, but I noticed in the Cabelas catalog that there are some women's handbags with easy-access pockets for handguns. I think one of the brands (or maybe it's a style name) is Pistol Packin' Mama (not joking!). Anyway, check their website. As far as being concealed directly on your body, I have no idea.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:24 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,197,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Not if you do it correctly.

Have you lived in NY or NJ ?

In New Jersey, its very difficult to get a concealed carry permit. Those who have it are typically cops or people who retired from the armed forces. Fact is that its nearly impossible and not worth ones time to go through the process of obtaining a permit.

Basically, we have the lowest gun ownership within US. I don't want to say more, as it will lead to unwanted political bickering.

States with the most guns - The Daily Beast

Spoiler
God pray one doesn't get stuck in Camden

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 04-04-2014 at 08:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty