Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 09:07 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali2jersey View Post
Ha! I remember that game. I'm neither a Pats or Giants fan so the game could have gone either way for me. Good thing it got you all workd up so you were prepared to stand out in the cold for a little bit. I also remember Giselle trash talking If I remember correctly she said something like, "he can't throw the ball and catch it, too..." Or was that another game?
Yeah, thats the game. Wonder why its called "Trash Talking". Cuz our media always follows a hot supermodel's butt and tracks every single move she makes. And when does vent frustration, they act like a bunch of 4th graders and say " Oooo she said the F word" . For god sakes, give her some privacy to discuss issues. I figure all of us would say something similar in frustration when our loved ones fail due to improper actions of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 09:33 PM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Why do people wear a coat or heavy jacket with shorts and flipflops? I see this a lot during the transition from winter to spring and summer to fall. If it is cold enough for a coat/heavy jacket then why wear shorts and flipflops? If it's warm enough for shorts and flipflops, why the coat/heavy jacket? No, it does not affect my life but I am curious as it seems illogical to me.
A lot of our delivery drivers dress in shorts and coats/jackets during transitional weather, including UPS and Fedex. I don't find it that unusual. Part of it is that as long as their head and torso are warm, chilly legs are tolerable, the other part is that it's easier to strip a too warm jacket off as the temps warm up during the day.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 PM

23,534 posts, read 24,022,219 times
I saw this in SoCal a lot. This is why parts of SoCal is called "La La Land".

Old 04-07-2014, 09:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
The trunk is cold but the rest is not

Old 04-08-2014, 12:59 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Why do people wear a coat or heavy jacket with shorts and flipflops? I see this a lot during the transition from winter to spring and summer to fall. If it is cold enough for a coat/heavy jacket then why wear shorts and flipflops? If it's warm enough for shorts and flipflops, why the coat/heavy jacket? No, it does not affect my life but I am curious as it seems illogical to me.

They're wishing for summer?

Old 04-08-2014, 01:27 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Maybe they just stepped off the plain from Montreal to Miami? lol

Old 04-08-2014, 04:12 AM

206 posts, read 382,782 times
When I lived in L.A. I would take a sweater or jacket with me to put on when I went IN--80s outside, air-conditioned to 60s inside. Some women in an office where I worked downtown had sweaters AND space heaters under their desks, running when it was 95 outside (the office managers were all men, who wore three-piece suits and kept the thermostat at 66).

Now in the Midwest I have the opposite problem at work: as outside temps start to rise the climate control is still heating for the arctic. So it's in the 40s/50s outside and my office temp yesterday was in the 80s. I wouldn't wear shorts to work, but have been contemplating skirts w/o tights and short sleeves under my coat. No flip-flops, though--I hate the feel of them.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:41 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,126,646 times
I left the house yesterday around 2pm it was 82 degrees. I was wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip-flops. On my way home around 6pm the temp had dropped to the high 60s and it was breezy so I put a long sleeve shirt on over my t-shirt.

I don't think it's that strange. If you live someplace where the temperature varies a lot between day and night people put on and take off layers.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:01 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
I don't wear shorts often, but I will wear flip flops even in winter. If there's snow on the sidewalks, then I'll wear Converse, and if there's a lot of snow then I'll wear my boots, but otherwise, my tootsies get hotter than the rest of me, and I like flip flops. That said, I don't actually own a jacket, but I do own a hoodie and an open knit sweater that I wear to work, so in general, I'm not a very cold person, and I couldn't rock the jacket/flip-flops combo because I don't own the jacket.
Quote:
I'm the complete opposite. My feet get cold before anything else. Can't rock the flipflops unless it's very warm out. I don't put my jackets away until about the end of May or when the temp is consistently in the 70s at the very least.
I break even between both of you . Mid 50's and sunny and I am out in Short sleeves. Low 70's and above call for shorts and sandals. Otherwise, its running shoes all day long (and yes, I do have to run around from class to class ).

Old 04-08-2014, 12:04 PM

52 posts, read 77,422 times
Being a female and having worn a heavy coat with flip-flops…I'm going to go with the answer of: Just got a pedicure.

Currently living in an area that has cold winters, I'll travel to a warm locale for a vacation during that time. I want to wear sandals when I get to said location. So I get a pedicure before I go.

Yes I could just wait until my nails dry in the salon and put some socks and shoes back on but, I'm just not that patient. Even after I've been under the drying light, I've put socks on and had a pedicure ruined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty