Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 08:36 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,185,114 times

Advertisements

Bodies change. When I see pictures of my husband and I 30 years ago, I can see why we were attracted to each other! My husband was hot! He was a combination between a young John Ritter and a young Harrison Ford. He had longish hair (below his ears), a tan, very blue eyes, fit body. Now he is balding, grey hair, hair cut short rather than comb over (thank goodness!), a big belly, skinny legs; has gained quite a bit of weight. I didn't notice the changes through the years; he's the same person to me that he was 30 years ago. Hopefully he feels the same way about me; I'm not what I used to be, either.

Last edited by luzianne; 04-16-2014 at 09:01 PM..

Old 04-16-2014, 08:55 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,577,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Bodies change. When I see pictures of my husband and I 30 years ago, I can see why we were attracted to each other! My husband was hot! We was a combination between a young John Ritter and a young Harrison Ford. He had longish hair (below his ears), a tan, very blue eyes, fit body. Now he is balding, grey hair, hair cut short rather than comb over (thank goodness!), a big belly, skinny legs; has gained quite a bit of weight. I didn't notice the changes through the years; he's the same person to me that he was 30 years ago. Hopefully he feels the same way about me; I'm not what I used to be, either.

This is so true! I was 18 hubby was 24, so he has seen my body from my youth to childbearing 20's and 4 babies pretty much back to back and now menopause, through it all this man has loved me never made me feel ashamed about my body changes, if anything he has always made me feel beautiful... Today I'm 50 he 55, like you said, I don't see older man, I still see the young man who show up on my doorstep with the biggest smile and lovely blue eyes raven hair with two roses that I still have today in my hope-chest....

Old 04-16-2014, 08:58 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,186,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71new View Post
Gender neutral question.

Yes for me. It is a high concentration of fat which shows wrinkly/wavy look. This is a sign of a lack of exercise, proper diet, and overall care of the body.

Guys, does cellulite on females bother you? Females, does cellulite on guys bother you?
I'm female. I have cellulite. I eat healthy, work out every day, and weighed 118 lbs (I'm 5'6") this morning.

Guess what? It's genetic.

Your assumption is stupid.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:31 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,185,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
But I definitely think that it isn't always as simple as losing weight or working out, eating better, etc. I think it's a combination--I believe that with the RIGHT work out plan, healthy eating, lots of water, methods to increase circulation(use a cellulite brush), being at a healthy or close to healthy weight, having a normal body fat percentage, and even tanning or darkening up the cellulite areas, this can all certainly minimize cellulite significantly. However even with that I also think its a matter of genes and body type. I've noticed that classic solid pears tend to be softer looking even when fit, and that there are certain women that just have it no matter how in shape they are.
I saw a woman running one time, not very old - probably in her mid to late 20s - who had really bad cellulite. Yet, she was normal weight and actually was quite thin, and still lots of cellulite. It surprised me because I'd never seen cellulite like that in someone so thin. I figure it was either genetic, or she had been heavier and lost weight and the cellulite remained, or one thing I have always been curious about - do diet drinks cause cellulite? It occurred to me that maybe it was from diet drinks or some other dietary thing. I don't know, but she was out there running, so I give her credit for that. None of us have perfect bodies and I just don't understand people putting others down for their imperfections, which many times are things that are beyond their control. Sometimes the finest people you would want to meet are inside of bodies that aren't that attractive.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:09 PM

6,611 posts, read 4,847,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Wow. Cellulite = no class and bad judgement. Thanks for pointing that out
Don't twist my words. The key is visibility. If someone has bad cellulite and (public bathing aside) doesn't hide it, something's not right with her, as far as I'm concerned. It would be like a woman wearing shorts without shaving her furry legs or a man wearing filthy clothing to a job interview.

By the way, to the other objection, I've never noticed cellulite through pants and prefer not to think about the visual or the sheer foolishness of it.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:13 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,010,237 times
NO, in fact, I like a little cellulite, in a horny kind of way.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:23 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I was 18 hubby was 24...Today I'm 50 he 55...
You're gaining on him!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:03 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,800,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
NO, in fact, I like a little cellulite, in a horny kind of way.
Wow,celllulite turns some men on?

Ok,so I get it.

Its ok for kim k to have it,but for everyday non famous women it isn't?

Old 04-17-2014, 12:04 AM

686 posts, read 1,228,248 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

there are a few who are fat due to measures that are/were beyond their control so to have a blanket statement that they are all lazy and lack discipline is inaccurate. Most is a better word. Many, many, many blame their obesity on whatever physical ailments they have (i.e., "Oh, I am obese because I take anti-depressants and those meds make me fat." but in reality, their physical ailments are a direct result of their obesity. Its not the ailment that makes you fat, its the fat that is causing your ailment(s).

Gee whiz people. Get over it. Don't get upset, angry, or attack people just for saying they find cellulite disgusting. It is what it is. They are not talking about YOU personally. They are just stating their preference.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-17-2014 at 03:05 PM..

Old 04-17-2014, 01:08 PM

67 posts, read 97,274 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted). Also, new members may not post links.

The reality is this thread is chock-full of females attempting to coerce/manipulate men into accepting a physically unattractive woman. To make obesity "normal". That way they can continue being lazy while reaping the benefits of more attractive people: attention, gifts, romance, marriage, financial stability, etc.

It's like a massive brainwashing compaign going on. [Orphaned.]

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-17-2014 at 03:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.