Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 02:37 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
Its a huge turnoff. a HUUUUUGGGEEEE turnoff. Its as much as a turnoff as if she is a smoker. As much of a turn off as if she has clinical strength halitosis. As much of a turnoff as if she is a candidate for the "My 500 Pound Life" tv show. As much of a turn off as if she chews tobacco and carries her "spittin'" cup around with her. Cellulite is just horrible to see.

Don't care about all the "Oh everyone has some cellulite.....blah blah blah blah......" that people always say when this arises in a thread topic. It just is not true that everyone has visible cellulite. And don't want to hear all the "Oh, so what if your wife got cellulite? Would you find her a turnoff as well.....blah blah blah blah.....".

Cellulite is super unattractive and a complete turn-off.

Hopefully the attitude will change when/if you do have a good strong relationship, she has children and the cellulite starts to show when she is pregnant. Otherwise the appearance of shallow is going to be as appealing to her as the appearance of cellulite is to you.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:40 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Hopefully the attitude will change when/if you do have a good strong relationship, she has children and the cellulite starts to show when she is pregnant. Otherwise the appearance of shallow is going to be as appealing to her as the appearance of cellulite is to you.
Well, two kids and 10 years of marriage and she still has ZERO visible cellulite says differently.

Im telling you, eating right, lots of yoga and other athletic/physical activities go a long way.

Also, its not about being "shallow". Its about responding to the OPs thread topic question of "is cellulite a turn-off?".

Old 04-14-2014, 02:42 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Women who have been lucky enough to be with me didn't have any cellulite.

Seriously, I just don't get romantically or physically involved with women who have cellulite. Never have. Never will.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that there are LOTS of women out there who do not have any of that crap going on. These are almost always the healthy, active, clean eating, weight lifting, yoga practicing, athletic type women that I have ALWAYS dated. Easy to find these types here in L.A. who do not have that cottage cheesy stuff going on.

I believe I would rather live in a teepee on the side of a glacier than be that lucky.

Women have cellulite whether you wish to believe it or not. Not all women have visible cellulite but it is present in their bodies and one of these days you might see the truth but then again...

Old 04-14-2014, 02:47 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,148 times
Quote:
I believe I would rather live in a teepee on the side of a glacier than be that lucky.

Women have cellulite whether you wish to believe it or not. Not all women have visible cellulite but it is present in their bodies and one of these days you might see the truth but then again...
Yeah, Im pretty sure that I've always said "visible cellulite" in this thread. Maybe my wife's cellulite will come out if/when she stops caring about her health/fitness. But, knowing her, its be around 60-70 years old so we are cool.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:06 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
I wonder if its genes? None of the women in my immediate family has cellulite... And if we do it isn't very visible. We are all different sizes. One of my sisters is thin, the other average, and I'm thick. Me and my thin sister are both thin and lift heavy, do cardio, and eat well... I'm a size 6,(sometimes wearing a size 4 in woman's or a size 8 at stores that run smaller). And both of my sisters were size 2.

So I wonder if its tied to genes as well. My sisters have a lower body fat and my body fat is normal(so not low or high) but my legs are toned and I don't have cellulite despite not having a super low body fat percentage.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:21 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Chum Kiu,

This really bothers you, doesn't it. That "crap" is a physical characteristic that many women possess. Maybe you could consider that before frothing on about it.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:29 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Well, two kids and 10 years of marriage and she still has ZERO visible cellulite says differently.

Im telling you, eating right, lots of yoga and other athletic/physical activities go a long way.

Also, its not about being "shallow". Its about responding to the OPs thread topic question of "is cellulite a turn-off?".

I first wanted to ask if you are really young which would make sense, because then you might have a variety of non cellulite women to choose from.

But I guess you are at least in your 30's?

So is your wife caucasian?

Old 04-14-2014, 04:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Women who have been lucky enough to be with me didn't have any cellulite.

Seriously, I just don't get romantically or physically involved with women who have visible cellulite. Never have. Never will.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that there are LOTS of women out there who do not have any of that crap going on. These are almost always the healthy, active, clean eating, weight lifting, yoga practicing, athletic type women that I have ALWAYS dated. Easy to find these types here in L.A. who do not have that cottage cheesy stuff going on.
I love this blog post. I will steal her pics for this purpose:
Quote:
This obsession, along with other body image problems and probably a genetic predisposition, led me to anorexia and bulimia. But guess what? It didn’t work. Even at my thinnest, which was a frail 90lbs, I still had a few dimples on my thighs.

Why was I so obsessed? Why did cellulite drive me to such lengths? Because every “fit” woman I ever saw in a magazine or on TV was completely devoid of the stuff. Every form of marketing and media made it seem as if only fat, unfit women had cellulite. Even the magazine geared toward women who lifted weights told me that if I got lean enough and lifted enough weights I should be able to get rid of the cottage cheese on my legs. Therefore, everyday when I twisted and contorted my body in the mirror, trying to see if my legs were smoother, I was disappointed to see the dimples were still there.
http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fit...lete-cellulite

She really doesn't have any extra to lose, yet the cellulite persists.

Last edited by jade408; 04-14-2014 at 04:31 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 04:27 PM

149 posts, read 347,732 times
Quote:
Well put!!

Old 04-14-2014, 04:39 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Yeah, Im pretty sure that I've always said "visible cellulite" in this thread. Maybe my wife's cellulite will come out if/when she stops caring about her health/fitness. But, knowing her, its be around 60-70 years old so we are cool.
If visible cellulite is such a turnoff to you and your wife has none, count yourself lucky. Plenty of lean, fit, athletic women who match the description you've given of your wife still have visible cellulite. A lot of women are doing everything right and still have it. There's nothing wrong with not liking it, but I think you are making a lot of assumptions about visible cellulite (and the women who have it) that simply are not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty