Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 03:26 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,626,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I think it depends on the person. I can't wear purple at all. It doesn't matter how good it looks, it just does not look good on me. I gave a friend of mine most of my purple stuff and it looks good on her. I also can't wear black shirts, but I look fine with black skirts or pants. I don't know why, and I am not the only one with this opinion. I was trying on different dresses with a friend, and I tried on a purple one. She told me it was all wrong for me, but she found a red one that was the exact style and it looked good. Most pink things look good on me too. Mostly I wear light colours. I am kind of pale, and from what I heard, black looks good on pale people but it doesn't for me. I don't know why, but it makes me blah and tired looking if it's a shirt or dress. Apparently light blue is another colour that looks good on me but dark blue doesn't.

So I think it's just different for each individual person. I've seen some people who look amazing in brown. I do agree that a lot of red heads look beautiful in green.
I wish I could see some pictures of you in those purple outfits and I would offer an honest opinion from a man's perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 03:53 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,103,168 times
It's both
And you guys wonder why it takes so long to go shopping!

Most women know what works for them & what doesn't .

Old 04-18-2014, 04:04 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,534,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
It's both
And you guys wonder why it takes so long to go shopping!
NO FRIGGIN' KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
most women know what works for them & what doesn't .
I wonder about that. I really do. I mean, I agree to a certain point, but to the guy you may be trying to impress, he probably has a somewhat different view and maybe his should be taken into consideration.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:15 PM

255 posts, read 407,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I wish I could see some pictures of you in those purple outfits and I would offer an honest opinion from a man's perspective.
I own nothing purple now. I gave everything purple to a friend of mine. We bartered clothes. I gave her my purple stuff, and she gave me stuff she didn't like. She's not a fan of pink at all, and she had a few pink stuff someone gave her so she let me have it. I love pink.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:35 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,049,341 times
Considering that so many men are color blind, I'm surprised by this.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:22 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,103,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
NO FRIGGIN' KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder about that. I really do. I mean, I agree to a certain point, but to the guy you may be trying to impress, he probably has a somewhat different view and maybe his should be taken into consideration.
Haha

Hmm I've never thought of it that way. Is consider it, but ultimately I will wear what I'm comfortable in.
Ie I know red is good, pink - never.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:31 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,779,619 times
Kind of an odd thing to say, I think it's more just you. Yes colour does play a role, but to say it's the most important thing in whether something is sexy or not? So a burqa in a nice colour is sexier than a bland bikini?

Old 04-18-2014, 09:08 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,626,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I own nothing purple now. I gave everything purple to a friend of mine. We bartered clothes. I gave her my purple stuff, and she gave me stuff she didn't like. She's not a fan of pink at all, and she had a few pink stuff someone gave her so she let me have it. I love pink.
Damn, I got my hopes up

Old 04-18-2014, 11:52 PM

174 posts, read 332,436 times
As a guy, I have to say that style is very important - much more so than colour. I mean, most of the "safe" colours look fine on the majority of people anyway. Unless you're prancing in neon, generally the whole colour thing is fine with me. No matter how hot a woman/girl is, if they're wearing unflattering/ill-fitted clothing then it totally ruins everything. Colour doesn't play a role much in my opinion.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:38 AM

240 posts, read 422,749 times
Both style and color are important to me.

The clothes have to fit right and compliment my body. Also, dark blue and dark green are not my color. Sometimes red isn't either because I think it makes me look pale (I'm black but have light skin).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty