Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 09:12 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,571,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I'll give you an example about how clueless parents can be about what their daughters wear under their clothes.

A dozen years ago we had a female foreign exchange student living at our house for four months. My husband does all of our family laundry. Shortly after the 17 year old girl returned to Germany my husband commented to me that she must have hand washed all of her underpants because there were never any in the laundry. When I mentioned this to our 17 year old daughter she laughed out loud and said, "Elsa wasn't hand washing her underwear. She never wore any."

So, Elsa lived with us for four months and neither my husband or I even realized what she was or wasn't wearing every day.

So, if your teenage daughter does her own laundry (or own hand laundry) or you are as non-observant as my husband (he sorted the clothes so our daughter's stuff went in her room and Elsa's clothes went into her room) you may not know what your daughter is actually wearing.

Do you let your 16 year old drive? Does she have an allowance or money from babysitting or a job?
Then she may be driving to the mall with her friends and buying whatever underwear that she wants.
Umm....what did she do during that time of the month?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 11:01 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,546,214 times
Tell your daughter that if you love wearing sexy clothing that gives boys and men eye pleasure sure go right ahead just don't forget the consequences of being bothered. Your daughter will always say she will be fine and always with friends. Probably more problems because friends make other friends do things they shouldn't be doing.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 AM

29,653 posts, read 34,157,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post

1. I think it's ridiculous to believe that you have to teach men not to rape. Do you have to teach men not to kill? I think if any man is willing to rape a woman he has some serious issues and even had he been brought up with a loving family constantly telling him rape is bad he'd do it anyway given the opportunity. It's not as if rape isn't a crime or not looked down upon in society, anyone who rapes knows it's against the law and looked down upon, they just don't care.
I think if you ask most men if rape is bad they'd say, "yes, absolutely," but there are situations (like the Stuebenville assault case) where the young men in question didn't think that what they were doing was rape. Or teens will drink, he's tipsy, she's tipsy, nobody said "no," but nobody said, "yes," either. It's important that parents talk to sons as well as daughters about these issues.

On a similar note, an informal internet survey of what women were wearing when they were raped: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/sexual-...hat-were-you-w

Old 04-24-2014, 11:31 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,001,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I'll give you an example about how clueless parents can be about what their daughters wear under their clothes.

A dozen years ago we had a female foreign exchange student living at our house for four months. My husband does all of our family laundry. Shortly after the 17 year old girl returned to Germany my husband commented to me that she must have hand washed all of her underpants because there were never any in the laundry. When I mentioned this to our 17 year old daughter she laughed out loud and said, "Elsa wasn't hand washing her underwear. She never wore any."

So, Elsa lived with us for four months and neither my husband or I even realized what she was or wasn't wearing every day.

So, if your teenage daughter does her own laundry (or own hand laundry) or you are as non-observant as my husband (he sorted the clothes so our daughter's stuff went in her room and Elsa's clothes went into her room) you may not know what your daughter is actually wearing.

Do you let your 16 year old drive? Does she have an allowance or money from babysitting or a job?
Then she may be driving to the mall with her friends and buying whatever underwear that she wants.
Quote:
Hmmm, I never thought about that. I think that she used a menstrual cup (many of my daughter's friends did at that time).

Definetly, way too much information for me to handle.

Last edited by germaine2626; 04-24-2014 at 11:59 AM..

Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,938,365 times
Quote:
She probably didn't use pads, so I don't really see what the issue would be. You think women just ruin their underwear each month by letting it soak up the blood?

Old 04-24-2014, 12:33 PM

46 posts, read 51,371 times

Old 04-24-2014, 01:11 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,571,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think if you ask most men if rape is bad they'd say, "yes, absolutely," but there are situations (like the Stuebenville assault case) where the young men in question didn't think that what they were doing was rape. Or teens will drink, he's tipsy, she's tipsy, nobody said "no," but nobody said, "yes," either. It's important that parents talk to sons as well as daughters about these issues.

On a similar note, an informal internet survey of what women were wearing when they were raped: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/sexual-...hat-were-you-w
Oh please, don't give me this crap about how they didn't know it was rape

Steubenville High School rape case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
According to trial transcripts, at about midnight, the intoxicated victim left a drinking party with four football players over the protests of her friends. They went to a second party where the victim vomited and appeared "out of it." The same group left after about 20 minutes, and headed to the home of one of the witnesses. In the backseat of the car during the 15-minute trip, her shirt was removed and Trent Mays digitally penetrated the victim's vagina and exposed her breasts while his friends filmed and photographed her. In the basement of the house, Mays attempted to orally rape the victim by forcing his penis into her mouth. Now unconscious, she was stripped naked and the second accused, Ma'lik Richmond, also digitally penetrated the victim's vagina. She was again photographed. Three witnesses took the photos back to the second party and shared them with friends.[3]
Unless they were severely mentally impaired, how could they NOT know it was rape? Do you honestly believe had these little scum bags been told growing up "Listen son, just so you know getting a girl drunk, removing her clothes, digitally penetrating a girl's vagina, filming and photographing her naked, forcing your penis into her mouth is rape" that night the boys would have been all "Oh, I know what I would like to do but I was told growing up it's rape I shouldn't do it"? SERIOUSLY?? These are scum bags that KNEW FULL WELL what they were doing! They JUST. DID. NOT. CARE! If it weren't rape, what did they think it was? Just a harmless prank? I wish I could throw these little **** into the fire of Mount Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
She probably didn't use pads, so I don't really see what the issue would be. You think women just ruin their underwear each month by letting it soak up the blood?
Still, even had she been using a tampon or menstrual cup wouldn't it leak?

Old 04-24-2014, 02:18 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,766,585 times
At age 18, I suppose.

However, it might depend on what one considers to be "sexy".

Old 04-24-2014, 02:42 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,758,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslainey View Post
when she's old enough to know all about sex, what it's implications are. Absolutely NOT before 16. 18 better when she can do what she wants. Try not to mess her up Mom. She's got an entire life of dealing with man who will lie, trying to get into her pants....let's not speed that up. Check out yellowberry bras. Unique, Colorful Bras for Young Girls : Yellowberry Company They are made for this age group.
Those are training bras...I was a C cup when I was 12 and a DD when I was 14. Most of my friends had boobs by that age too. I think the bras in that link might work for ages 10-12, maybe a little longer if a girl is slender. But a girl needs a real bra before she's 16, usually.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:45 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,758,890 times
Quote:

Still, even had she been using a tampon or menstrual cup wouldn't it leak?
You can usually feel when a tampon is about to leak and the menstrual cups hold about an ounce, which makes it unlikely to overflow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty