Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:05 PM

924 posts, read 1,456,274 times

Advertisements

I think you would find more women who find her attractive then men because of the super short masculine haircut and that she has more masculine than feminine features. Obviously some men find her attractive but for me she isn't and isn't anywhere near most beautiful person. It is all subjective though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 09:08 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Beautiful in my book!!!

Old 04-23-2014, 10:38 PM

119 posts, read 300,427 times
Oh God, I'm going to be the first negative poster...I don't think she's beautiful. Cute, maybe? Her face is nicely put together but (petty remark) the pug eyes aren't attractive, at all.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:11 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
She has natural beauty. She just needs breasts though. At times her body frame looked like a male's.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSaySheSay View Post
That is a rumor.. this is her boyfriend.

He is a Somalian rapper named K'naan...

Although... he has a wife and two small boys. So.. the media is still waiting to see what's going on with that.
K'naan is NOT Lupita's boyfriend. They are long time friends.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
I love that Lupita Nyong'o's beauty is being recognized and celebrated. She is not only physically beautiful but intelligent, poised and gracious.

Honestly, I am not surprised that many American men (and women) are not able to recognize her beauty because Americans have been brainwashed to believe that blonde hair, blue eyes and light skin are the "epitome" of feminine beauty and the farther away that woman is from that standard the more unattractive she is.

Many black women are given backhanded compliments such as "You are pretty....for a black girl" or "You are pretty...for a dark skinned girl" or "I don't normally find black women attractive...but you are the exception". These comments suggest that black beauty is an anomaly and are insulting.

One poster in this thread stated that Lupita has "masculine" features yet her features are very feminine but that individual could not see beyond dark skin which is most likely what he/she finds to translate as "masculine". Honestly, Lupita's facial features are more feminine than Gisele Bundchen

Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 AM

211 posts, read 340,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
I'm sorry but I am still stuck on the "urban duck dynasty" comment. Please elaborate. Also, should we read anything into your CD member name?
I was wearing a sleeveless flannel with a long john style thermal underwear shirt underneath it similar to this effect. I also had on jeans that had clearly been involved in manual labor and a scruffy beard. I don't know that it was obvious that I was from out of town I think he just thought I had a very unfortunate taste in clothing.

And yes, I am a huge Star Trek fan. It is fair to say that Star Trek has changed the trajectory of my life.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 AM

579 posts, read 762,123 times
Not sure if boy or girl

Good cheekbone structure, full lips and round nose. The rest is average

Old 04-24-2014, 02:25 AM

898 posts, read 1,219,012 times
i wouldn't say she is physically ugly but i also wouldn't say their choices are based on physical beauty either. it's a popularity contest like in high school. walk down midtown or union square in new york city and your mind and eyes will be blown away by the incredibly beautiful male and female models commonly walking the streets. they are stunning. THOSE are my most beautiful people alive vote-getters.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
It's also pretty attractive that she's pretty demonstrably the opposite of vapid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty