Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How bad is your body odor
Very bad and noticable 0 0%
Quite bad, need to scent up quite often 4 7.84%
Normal 27 52.94%
Not too bad, can retain fragrance for some time 14 27.45%
Fragrant and inviting for extended periods of time 6 11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 05:12 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,632,318 times

Advertisements

I don't have a flock of Poop Flies following me around but I have been known to chase skunks away until I take my monthly bath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 10:09 PM

4 posts, read 5,902 times
Body odour can be due to several different factors- how much you sweat due to the weater, personal hygine , personal habitsa like bathing, mouth washing, etc, and most importantly WHAT IS THAT YOU EAT.

Body odour also has a relation to smell of your urine which is again mainly due to what food you eat.
Non vegetarian foods have more acidity and this leads to several different odours from the body.

For those who want to get rid of body odour as also getting rid of smelly urine, here is a simple inexpensive suggestion:
TRY TAKING A TABLE SPOON OR TWO OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR MIXED IN WATER EVERY DAY IN THE MORNING , ON EMPTY STOMACH. CONTINUE THIS FOR ATLEAST 2 MONTHS AND THEN SEE THE RESULTS FOR YOURSELF. FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT GET RESULTS IN ONE OR TWO SPOONS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, YOU CAN INCREASE THE QUANTITY AS YOU FEEL FIT. SURELY YOU WILL GET RID OF THE BODY ODOUR AND MELLY URINE.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
I never smell bad because I seldom sweat, take showers daily, and in between I wash myself as well. I'm Ms. Hygiene.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:00 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times
I smell some sort of body odour (only from the armpits) within a half hour of leaving the shower. It's the constant humidity of the underarm area that screws you over I think. After I leave a hot shower I never forget to put on deodorant. Not because I consciously remind myself to, but because after a short while I feel some sort of uncomfortable friction in my armpits from them becoming too moist. My body won't even be sweating or anything, the area just stays hot and humid since armpits never really get much open air, which is especially noticeable after 10 minutes of being doused with hot water.

After I put on deodorant they seem good to go until the next day at least. I noticed that only the deodorants that are roll-on with white on the stick (rather than clear or blue/green or whatever) work though. Not sure why.

So I'm not sure how to answer the poll. If you mean without deodorant I am horrible, with it I am less smelly than average I would think. I see lots of people mentioning diet, but I eat really well, have a good weight, and am not someone who leads a sedentary lifestyle, although I am also not a jogger or anything.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:50 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
If you shower regularly and wear deodorant, your body odor shouldn't be too bad. I work out regularly and never stink afterward. I take long walks in the hot weather with my camera and never stink regardless of how much I sweat. Everyone is different though, and I would imagine diet can play a part in it. For instance, I think I remember reading that heavy garlic eaters may have stronger body odor than someone who doesn't consume a lot of garlic.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:14 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I like the smell of Oil. Nothing beats the aroma of NJ gas stations with full serve, cheap gas, and good music .
Ah. I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:01 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Its true one cant be a good judge of their own odor.
I think my natural smell is good cause thats what my boyfriends have told me .
But im no alien, i can smell sometimes, in summer if i sweat a lot.

However, i had one boyfriend who....didnt smell at all. Ever. I mean, all the other man i dated had their own peculiar smells, they all smell good most of the times, but they were human in the sense that they sweated, they could have bad breath in the morning, and smell of sweating, etc, i mean like a normal person.

However, this guy: NEVER smelled. He was like the guy from "Perfume" the novel. I swear it was freakish. Never had bad breath either, he always smelled like mint no matter what he just ate. And never had a bad smell in his body even if he was out working all day in the heat of the summer and i just smelled him. I mean i smelled him all the time trying to find a bad smell even a bit of it and...NOTHING

It was scary actually, cause hes the only person i ever knew who never ever didnt smell at all.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:10 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Its true one cant be a good judge of their own odor.
I think my natural smell is good cause thats what my boyfriends have told me .
But im no alien, i can smell sometimes, in summer if i sweat a lot.

However, i had one boyfriend who....didnt smell at all. Ever. I mean, all the other man i dated had their own peculiar smells, they all smell good most of the times, but they were human in the sense that they sweated, they could have bad breath in the morning, and smell of sweating, etc, i mean like a normal person.

However, this guy: NEVER smelled. He was like the guy from "Perfume" the novel. I swear it was freakish. Never had bad breath either, he always smelled like mint no matter what he just ate. And never had a bad smell in his body even if he was out working all day in the heat of the summer and i just smelled him. I mean i smelled him all the time trying to find a bad smell even a bit of it and...NOTHING

It was scary actually, cause hes the only person i ever knew who never ever didnt smell at all.
I dated a guy once (just dates, nothing further), who always smelled wonderfully. Even if he had just worked out, he smelled great! He wasn't a particularly nice guy, but boy did his body smell good!

Old 07-22-2014, 06:55 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
My body odor is pretty much nonexistent due to cutting out meat and dairy and daily bathing.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:39 AM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
My body odor is pretty much nonexistent due to cutting out meat and dairy and daily bathing.
you have less body odor by cutting out daily bathing?

I got my own office at work without asking for it. My non bathing seems to pay off. If I just weren't so lonely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty