Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 08:37 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,300 times

Advertisements

I prefer the look of low rise shorts on women. It just looks better. Its a much younger, hipper, sexier, sportier look than the other options:

moderator cut: image removed

Here is another reason why low rise shorts are superior. They just look better:

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 05-08-2014 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 09:21 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,133 times
I like my jeans/shorts to be low rise mostly. Rises that are too high feel matronly/mom jeans-ish.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:26 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
It also depends a lot how long your torso is and how your butt is shaped. If you have a short torso, high rise looks silly, as it'll come up your bust-line.

If you have a bigger or rounder butt, high rise looks silly, because it flattens your butt out. If you have wide hips, the high rise makes your hips look huge.

To wear a high rise short, you need a long torso, narrower hips, and a flat butt. On everyone else it looks terrible (no matter what your size and shape is).

Midrise is universally flattering.

Low-rise depends on where it hits on your butt and your waist. If you have too much junk in the trunk, low-rise can quickly turn into plumber-rise.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:33 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
I like mid rise. And for work, I can't think of any job (other than perhaps someone who works at the beach) where it would be acceptable to show any skin between the top of the shorts and the bottom of the top. If you want to wear mid or low rise shorts you should gets longer tops.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:30 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
I myself am sick of the ongoing obsession with low-rise junk. If high-rise is coming back, good.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:33 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I myself am sick of the ongoing obsession with low-rise junk. If high-rise is coming back, good.
Wow. So angry. If you hate it so much don't wear it. Or, are you just so enamoured with wearing whatever is "IN" that you wear it anyway even though you don't like it? Just wear high rise and call it a day. Don't carry all that low rise anger around with you, you'll feel better.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:22 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,505,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
I prefer the look of low rise shorts on women. It just looks better. Its a much younger, hipper, sexier, sportier look than the other options:

Those pictures are disgusting.

Sorry, but I have more respect for my body then to show off all my assets. Maybe that was fun at 13 but not 25.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:39 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
Those pictures are disgusting.

Sorry, but I have more respect for my body then to show off all my assets. Maybe that was fun at 13 but not 25.
Damn I think women at 25 are super hot, I guess I wont't be seeing nice assets

Old 05-02-2014, 02:41 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post

If someone wore that top outfit around here theyd be arrested for solicitation.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:45 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I was out shopping today and was told that the high rise shorts are coming back in style. I don't mind because I honestly can't stand low rise jeans or shorts because I don't want the world to see my a**

Anyways, before I start buying a bunch for my job, I just want to get the opinions from the viewpoints of others on what they prefer to wear (if you are a woman) or how men view this style.

I know, I know. I should wear whatever I like, but for someone in her 20s, I still consider what others may think in regards to fashion.
Sooooo, you are going to change the a$$ huggers into a high-waisted, flattering taper that is probably quite snug to accentuate ALL of your a$$.....got it....modesty in tact.....right up there with the padded bra, surrounded by cables, under a thicker-stretchy material garment, with a v neck....

It's like false advertising...we get you home, disrobe you and voila! That smooooooth rear suddenly has "hail damage" and is not quite as onion in shape as before....shazaaam!!!! same goes for up top....not fair...there should be a law...when the bra says D' cup, darn it, it should be a FULL D' cup....not some, jealous at my girlfriends because they have them so I'll sorta have them type.....same for the shorts....

Oh, type....yes.....well, if you have race horse thighs like Angie Dickinson in her prime, opt for the mid-thigh.....if you have that Peppa' rear end (real or imagined) go for a slightly higher leg exit.....if you are "wide across the beam" opt for the full, knee-length and get a friend or two to tuck in the top.

Hope this helps....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty