Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:49 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,504,796 times

Advertisements

I was out shopping today and was told that the high rise shorts are coming back in style. I don't mind because I honestly can't stand low rise jeans or shorts because I don't want the world to see my a**

Anyways, before I start buying a bunch for my job, I just want to get the opinions from the viewpoints of others on what they prefer to wear (if you are a woman) or how men view this style.

I know, I know. I should wear whatever I like, but for someone in her 20s, I still consider what others may think in regards to fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 06:52 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
The shorter the better for me

Old 05-01-2014, 07:02 PM

I'll just add they can't be too short for the work atmosphere but I'm sure many men would agree with you

Old 05-01-2014, 07:10 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,272,185 times
They can never be short enough.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:12 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
As in how high they sit? Well as long as your butt-crack ain't' showin'...

Old 05-01-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
As in how high they sit? Well as long as your butt-crack ain't' showin'...
That's where I'm going.

Like, we all know short is sexy, unless your junk is about to hang out (sorry y'all, but that is just trash).

But I do have to be somewhat professional with my work appearance and the shorts need to cover my booty and a little bit. I'm mostly talking about how people feel about where the shorts sit. Is it a major turn-off seeing that they sit near your belly-button or is it like a "eh, whatever". Some shirts can hide it, others, not so much.

Now, I will say it's a turn-off when I'm wearing skinny jeans and I have to keep pulling them up because they keep sliding down, even with a belt. They fit fine after coming out of the dryer but after wearing them for a few hours they get stretched.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:43 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
Ugh i cant stand the high waisted shorts/pants. Looks and feels (to me) like youve hiked them up to your ribcage or something. I much prefer low rise since they always end up there on me anyways.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Ugh i cant stand the high waisted shorts/pants. Looks and feels (to me) like youve hiked them up to your ribcage or something. I much prefer low rise since they always end up there on me anyways.
I was shocked that they told me they were coming back in style. And I was at a major retailer for young adults.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:55 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
That's where I'm going.

Like, we all know short is sexy, unless your junk is about to hang out (sorry y'all, but that is just trash).

But I do have to be somewhat professional with my work appearance and the shorts need to cover my booty and a little bit. I'm mostly talking about how people feel about where the shorts sit. Is it a major turn-off seeing that they sit near your belly-button or is it like a "eh, whatever". Some shirts can hide it, others, not so much.

Now, I will say it's a turn-off when I'm wearing skinny jeans and I have to keep pulling them up because they keep sliding down, even with a belt. They fit fine after coming out of the dryer but after wearing them for a few hours they get stretched.
Never trash, I will never hold that against any woman, she will be super sexy in my eyes, she can't do no wrong looking sexy but as far as work I guess that is different. I like mid to low rise better but what I think is irrelevant, it is what you think that matters.I am just a man who loves sexy women and my line of thought is different

Old 05-01-2014, 09:20 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I was shocked that they told me they were coming back in style. And I was at a major retailer for young adults.
Dont ever be shocked about fashions coming back because they always do. Eventually people will be wearing leisure suits again. Just a matter of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty