Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 09:49 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,379,938 times

Advertisements

I know that most celebrities are skinnier than the average American, but don't you think they still lie about their weight? It seems like no female celebrity weighs any more than 125 pounds, even if she's very tall. Take Kate Upton for example. They list her as 5'10" and 125 pounds. There is no way she weighs that little if she's that tall. She weighs at least 30 pounds more.

How many of you believe celebrities lie about their weight? I think it's wrong to do that because it makes young girls have unrealistic expectations about their body weight..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 10:01 PM

41,728 posts, read 74,675,578 times
It's none of my business how much anyone else weighs, or how much they say they weigh. Nor do I care. I have more pressing things to worry about.

Second question: How is this related to fashion and/or beauty?

Old 05-03-2014, 10:10 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,871,853 times
One of the few I think tell the truth is Jordan Sparks. I was really surprised when Jordan Sparks did an interview recently and said she ways 155-160 lbs and that she'd been 50lbs heavier. I think she looks healthy and beautiful and is setting a great example of realistic weight for the rest of us.

I think you have a point about them lying about their weight, for sure. I am medium build and 5'10. I got down to 145 lbs and you could see my ribs and other bones that you shouldn't see. I can't imagine weighing 125lbs.

Not to derail this thread, but there's no way Jennifer Love Hewitt was a size 2 in that infamous bikini.

I care because I'm so sick of the number-shaming and unrealistic expectations.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:11 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,655,469 times
Well, some do consider weight to be synonymous with beauty. As for the subject matter, i dont ever pay attention to how much those ladies weigh. Besides, knowing that info would just make me depressed.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,038,770 times
I find it quite humorous. And the lies about the size clothing they wear as hilarious. Kim K who has an A** the size of a whale claiming she is a size 6. ROFLMBO

Old 05-03-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
One of the few I think tell the truth is Jordan Sparks. I was really surprised when Jordan Sparks did an interview recently and said she ways 155-160 lbs and that she'd been 50lbs heavier. I think she looks healthy and beautiful and is setting a great example of realistic weight for the rest of us.

I think you have a point about them lying about their weight, for sure. I am medium build and 5'10. I got down to 145 lbs and you could see my ribs and other bones that you shouldn't see. I can't imagine weighing 125lbs.

Not to derail this thread, but there's no way Jennifer Love Hewitt was a size 2 in that infamous bikini.

I care because I'm so sick of the number-shaming and unrealistic expectations.
Was that a few years ago? I think Jennifer has lost weight since then. But I don't think it was totally unrealistic for her to be a size 2 then. She is only 5'2" and it's easy for someone of that height to be a size 2.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I find it quite humorous. And the lies about the size clothing they wear as hilarious. Kim K who has an A** the size of a whale claiming she is a size 6. ROFLMBO
I think people give Kim K way too hard of a time... she's actually quite small. The only place she really carries weight is her butt. Her waist is tiny and she has a flat stomach, so I don't know how anyone can consider her fat.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:00 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,592,972 times
Celebrities I find tend more to lie about their height. And boy do they lie big time.
They rarely seem to mention their weight, besides, unlike height, weight fluctuates.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:48 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,379,789 times
Male celebrities often add inches to their height. Yes, some of them lie about their clothing size, but designers do put smaller size numbers on their wares.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:29 PM

34,935 posts, read 36,071,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I know that most celebrities are skinnier than the average American, but don't you think they still lie about their weight? It seems like no female celebrity weighs any more than 125 pounds, even if she's very tall. Take Kate Upton for example. They list her as 5'10" and 125 pounds. There is no way she weighs that little if she's that tall. She weighs at least 30 pounds more.

How many of you believe celebrities lie about their weight? I think it's wrong to do that because it makes young girls have unrealistic expectations about their body weight..
Yes. They lie about their weight and their clothing sizes.

Not to say that most aren't thinner than the average woman. It's more that there's no way everyone in Hollywood is a size 00, 0, or 2.

There's no shame in being a size 4 or a size 6 or even a size 8. None at all.

Plenty of these women have hips that are far too large to be a size 2, even if they are thin women. I feel that if they were honest about their sizes, it would keep young girls/women from having unrealistic expectations about their weight/clothing sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty