Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 03:09 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times

Advertisements

If you can grow facial hair, what's wrong with rocking it sometimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 05:58 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,138,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Since when did cardigan shirts and looking like dorks become a popular theme it is now..?
I don't know ... they automobile they're in appears to be a right-hand drive. Styles vary in different countries. And I'm certainly not going to impose my taste on everyone around me, much less on everyone in the world. Wouldn't that be arrogant.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:04 AM

854 posts, read 1,481,603 times
So you'd rather everyone wear a goatee and a backwards hat ala Fred Durst in 1998 again? I welcome the change lol.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:25 AM

559 posts, read 1,394,400 times
I don't see people who look like that where I live. Of course I see men with beards and people wearing glasses, but I don't see people with the hipster style.

The only thing that's odd to me is when anyone, hipster or not, wants to wear non-prescription glasses as an accessory. I've been wearing prescription glasses since I was 6 (I usually wear contacts now) and I don't think it's any fun to wear them, but if people like wearing them that's great.

I've even seen sunglasses with lenses that aren't tinted (UV coating is clear). Those don't appeal to me at all but that's fine with me if other people like them.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:18 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
I don't really care if someone is a 'hipster' or not. I can't stand facial hair on anyone, though. Give me a smooth face any day.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:21 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
I mean look at the difference. The whole beard, dull shirt hippy look is just awful. It makes you look like a dork?

It seems most people today confine to this style.

When did this

Turn to this;

Since when did cardigan shirts and looking like dorks become a popular theme it is now..?
I don't care how popular beards become or what style of beard becomes popular I will never have one.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:13 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I don't like facial hair on any man PERIOD.
Personally I don't think facial hair looks good on women either.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:14 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
So you'd rather everyone wear a goatee and a backwards hat ala Fred Durst in 1998 again? I welcome the change lol.

No. I like the clean-cut look. No facial hair.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,207,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who cares?

The guy who's driving looks better with a beard. It hides his weak chin. Some men look a lot better with facial hair.
what's a "weak chin"?

Old 05-06-2014, 12:55 PM

477 posts, read 508,940 times
Years ago I saw one of those stupid make-over shows. Fat chance anyone would ever get ME on one of those things - or if they did it would only be so I could make fun of all the conformist sheep who care what other people think about the way they dress.

Anyway. This particular show was "making over" a guy who wore jeans, a long beard, long hair, boots, and vests.

When they were done with him he looked just like every other guy in a suit. I liked him better in his natural state. Not because of the particular dress - but because it fit him and he looked comfortable with it and himself. He looked very much diminished, shorn, shaved, and stuffed into that suit.

Ignore silly people who insist on judging you by their own preferences for personal appearance. If you like cardigans - wear them. If you like beards - grow them. If you like long hair - don't cut it. If you like a shiny pate - shave your head, male or female - it is YOUR head and none of anyone else's business.

If you need a particular look to get a job - that's a different thing. That is up to you to find your comfort level. The truth is that we have much more restricted choices if we need "the man" to hire us.

But in your own free time (and frankly even on the job, as long as you are aware of the possible consequences if you are too far outside the norm) do your own thang and ignore the madding crowd.

Like it says in the song - "You can't please everyone, so you've got to please youreself"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty