U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 10:06 AM

670 posts, read 760,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
This is the one part of my body that I am just so insecure about!!!

So I am a man and I have a stocky build. I go to the gym regularly and for the most part I am quite pleased with my physical appearance. Love my broad shoulders, chest, big butt, and thick legs.

My one thing I HATE are my forearms!!! It is purely genetic too. I have skinny skinny skinny forearms. I am a very well filled man everywhere else except my forearms. It is like biology mixed up my forearms with a lanky man's!!

Alright, so it is probably genetic. My mom has two brothers. One is stocky and the other is lanky. My brother and I both got the stocky build with skinny forearms.

My wrist is the worst part. My wrist probably has the diameter of a large lime. I can't even wear watches for grown men because my wrist is such a tiny size. I have seen children with wrists that are thicker and more filled out than mine.

Any surgery for this? I have been going to the gym for over 7 years now and this just isn't getting any better!!! I am tired of having these lanky skinny forearms on my body which it contradicts. I am so insecure about it in fact that I wear long sleeve cloths as much as I can.
CravingMountains, I understand what you are saying. I am female, but I have always have very skinny wrists and forearms...also lower legs. There is surgery for calf implants, but I've never heard of anything for the wrists and forearms. You could talk to a plastic surgeon. There are always new procedures out there.

I've just learned to accept that this is who I am and how I am put together. Sounds like you have a little body image problem. Best wishes with dealing with this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 10:21 AM

6,219 posts, read 7,395,658 times
If everything else looks good, consider your forearms/wrists as your "humbler". And get a watch with a leather strap. Even with a smaller wrist, the leather strap adds a sense of masculinity.

Old 05-14-2014, 11:52 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,665,130 times
Tweet Robin Williams and ask him.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:14 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,562,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
OP, I think you are overreacting. No woman will think "he looks cute but his wrists are too small and therefore he is undatable for me". VERY unlikely.
But she might think "This guy would be nice but he is too insecure". Work on that.
^^^Ditto.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:12 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,891,787 times
Quote:
This is the one part of my body that I am just so insecure about!!!

So I am a man and I have a stocky build. I go to the gym regularly and for the most part I am quite pleased with my physical appearance. Love my broad shoulders, chest, big butt, and thick legs.

My one thing I HATE are my forearms!!! It is purely genetic too. I have skinny skinny skinny forearms. I am a very well filled man everywhere else except my forearms. It is like biology mixed up my forearms with a lanky man's!!

Alright, so it is probably genetic. My mom has two brothers. One is stocky and the other is lanky. My brother and I both got the stocky build with skinny forearms.

My wrist is the worst part. My wrist probably has the diameter of a large lime. I can't even wear watches for grown men because my wrist is such a tiny size. I have seen children with wrists that are thicker and more filled out than mine.

Any surgery for this? I have been going to the gym for over 7 years now and this just isn't getting any better!!! I am tired of having these lanky skinny forearms on my body which it contradicts. I am so insecure about it in fact that I wear long sleeve cloths as much as I can.
Be thankful for what you have. Some people don't have arms.

I say this as someone who always hated my tiny forearms and wrists. I am huge everywhere except my arms, which are long and quite thin for someone with a thick, broad back and chest, wide hips and behind and thick, powerful thighs.

I hated my long, thin arms and small hands........until I took up judo and jiu-jitsu and found that no heavyweight male could avoid my chokes or armlocks because my arms were so thin they could slip through any resistance or crevice and choke anyone out. I soon learned that my arms and hands, which didn't go with the rest of my body, gave me a significant biomechanical advantage in choking.

Maybe you will find out that in something you do, the type of hands and arms you have may turn out to be an advantage.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:27 PM

10,860 posts, read 18,875,631 times
My husband had really skinny arms until he started doing a job where he was lifting and carrying 100 lbs repeatedly (doing armored car work, moving coin all day). Then his arms bulked up a lot. His wrists are still tiny though, the only way you can increase the size of your wrist is to get fat, and that's worse than learning to love your wrists the way they are.

You can have a jeweler remove links from a watch or bracelet so that it fits you.

Personally, I like my husband's skinny wrists, it makes his hands and forearms look bigger by contrast.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:31 PM

1,489 posts, read 1,349,447 times
Canned spinach works miracles on Popeye. You might need a tattoo first.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:35 PM

5,368 posts, read 4,866,204 times
Spare me the insecurity speeches please! We all have the right to want to look a certain way.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:48 PM

15,736 posts, read 11,738,008 times
Quote:
Spare me the insecurity speeches please! We all have the right to want to look a certain way.
yes, but for your case there is no way to change it!

It's not like boobs that you can inflate or deflate and if the nerves get cut and all is numb, oh well, they still "work".

So better live with it!

Old 05-14-2014, 01:57 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,094,894 times
Bulk up your forearms :: Men's Health

Here you go! Here are some exercises from men's health UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty