U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:44 PM

1,971 posts, read 2,384,216 times

Advertisements

There's not much you can do about wrists (or ankles). Even guys who do anabolics don't get bigger wrists. Look at Arnold or Frank Zane, they have small wrists compared to the rest of their body. HGH might help. There's probably a shady plastic surgeon somewhere who would inject fat into them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 11:27 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,579,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I've broken both my wrists in horse jumping accidents and the little bit of scar tissue has made them a bit larger. Not sure if breaking your wrists is a good solution though!
I've broken my left wrist three different times. Comparing it to my right wrist, my left wrist is actually a little bit smaller. So breaking your wrist might not be a guarantee.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:52 AM

11,269 posts, read 12,485,002 times
Plastic surgery?

I was under the impression one simply needed to slam back a can of spinach.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:42 AM

4,707 posts, read 3,340,662 times
As far as your wrists are concerned, there's not much you can do to make them bigger.

The best exercise I've found for forearms is to use something called a wrist/forearm roller. It's pretty self-explanatory, and you can either buy one or make one. Here's what they look like:

Amazon.com: forearm roller

Another exercise that absolutely bombs the forearms is called a behind the back barbell wrist curl. Start light -- say, a 30lb barbell -- and hold it behind your back with your arms hanging down. It's a simple motion -- just curl your wrists, and that's it. You'll feel it working immediately. I shoot for 2 sets of 12 reps.

One word of caution that hasn't been expressed yet -- while the forearm muscle is capable of handling a fairly high volume of work, the wrist joint is NOT. Start with light weights and work from there. For every 8 weeks of training I do on forearms, I take the following 3 weeks off. It helps to avoid injury.

One other thing to consider -- developing a massive pair of forearms will only magnify small wrists.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:10 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,681,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Spare me the insecurity speeches please! We all have the right to want to look a certain way.
Want in one hand, crap in the other; see which one fills up first.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:11 AM

3,270 posts, read 2,479,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Spare me the insecurity speeches please! We all have the right to want to look a certain way.

You had to know you'd get all kinds of answers here asking that question.

Have you called a cosmetic surgeon to see if there is some type of implant for this? Couldn't hurt....they hear pretty much everything from people.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:03 AM

1,829 posts, read 851,687 times
how big are your hands?

Old 05-17-2014, 05:37 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,999,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Plastic surgery?

I was under the impression one simply needed to slam back a can of spinach.
Yes Popeye.

I too have small wrists but compensate by having giant forearms.
Do tons of reverse dumbbell curls, your forearms will explode in size.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 583 times
Hi buddy,
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution,plastic s?
Will love to hear

Old 07-13-2015, 06:21 PM

13,167 posts, read 7,403,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I like that thought.

OP, I think you are overreacting. No woman will think "he looks cute but his wrists are too small and therefore he is undatable for me". VERY unlikely.

But she might think "This guy would be nice but he is too insecure". Work on that.
This. For one thing, women are less concerned with physical appearance of their mate than men are about theirs. Of course we are concerned about how they look, but it's not as important to us. And when checking out their potential partner, women look first at a guy's face. That's the #1 thing. Then they look at all over physical tone and such. I have never ever heard any woman complain about a guy's wrists. And I'm a woman! But when they see your face, they will notice your lack of self confidence immediately. And that will be a turn-off for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty