U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 06:03 PM

9,018 posts, read 7,946,526 times

Advertisements

Hmm.... I don't own any.....
I am a semi-nudist though
I hate clothes & they hate me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 06:33 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
My choice at 59 is to be braless about 95% of the time. At first, it seems uncomfortable to go without the bra but adding a silky camisole and the passing of some time and the thought of wearing a bra? I had read some articles like this one: Bras and Health Risks and my health, comfort and well-being have always been more important than what anyone thinks about what I do. Women didn't start wearing bras that long ago when you look at how long we have been around.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:47 PM

31,152 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
Do any of you ladies go bra less around the house?
Who wants to know?

Old 05-15-2014, 09:42 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,603,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
For YEARS, I threw off my bra the moment I got into the door.

But then I got pregnant, they became heavy and sore and I began wearing sports bras around the house.

Now that is my norm.
Me too! Then, I started taking it off as soon as I got in the car to drive home.

I go bra-less whenever I can. At first, I worried if it would make me or my son uncomfortable. At this point, its not like he doesn't know what boobs are and that they come in many varieties.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:51 PM

5,470 posts, read 4,552,683 times
I understand that there are more health risks wearing them than not. and that's how I encouraged my wife.
Some people listen some don't.
Doctors say the body needs natural movement . I wish society was more mature.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:58 PM

11,269 posts, read 12,474,250 times
I'm still baffled by the bra off through the sleeve trick.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 AM

119 posts, read 226,159 times
No, it's uncomfortable to go without a bra even while sleeping unless I'm wearing a gown that's kinda tight on the top.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:43 AM

511 posts, read 690,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ditto. It's a weird question. Why "around the house"? Some women don't even own bras. Others go topless on weekends, when they don't have to wear a bra for work. It mostly depends on how much support you need or don't need.
Sorry you thought it was a weird question. I don't think it is weird at all in light of all the controversy about it. I was just curious as to what other women are doing.......nothing weird and I am not a pervert guy. I am another woman who goes braless every chance I get(especially when cleaning house,etc.) and was just curious if anyone else did and if it would have an effect on my boobs when I'm older.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:07 AM

10,664 posts, read 7,703,785 times
These days I wear one when I have to go out or if we have company. I'm home all day taking care of my child and honestly all I want is to be confortable. I've gotten to a point where I just can't stand bras anymore, even sports bra.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:46 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
Sorry you thought it was a weird question. I don't think it is weird at all in light of all the controversy about it. I was just curious as to what other women are doing.......nothing weird and I am not a pervert guy. I am another woman who goes braless every chance I get(especially when cleaning house,etc.) and was just curious if anyone else did and if it would have an effect on my boobs when I'm older.
Bras have absolutely NO effect on boobs, that is a myth. If you are large (as I am) they are going to hang low if you are braless no matter your age or if you wore a bra everyday. Bras do nothing for muscle, only working out tones the muscle behind your boobs. I have a lot of clothing that offers support and also conceals, and I get to be comfortable. A few months ago I actually invested in several new bras (I had lost weight) and hardly ever wear any of them. I only do when i go out and I am wearing something thin or knit where one is needed. Frankly, unless one is flagrantly flaunting their bosom, no one really notices or cares, and even if they did I DON'T!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty