Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 11:37 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
^This is exactly the turn that I expected a thread like this to take. Some things just never change .

Just from observing most of the pictures being posted as examples of beauty I guess that one must have the European/Caucasian features of white skin, a thin pointed nose, thin lips, and straight hair to be considered 'beautiful'.

Whatever!

The best qualities about people who are truly beautiful are not the ones that your eyes can see.
The fact that your thread is leaning on vanity from the start "most beautiful people" dooms it from the get go....you are worried about a few jokes and yet, you worry more about the "beauty".....this thread is as deep as a saucer....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 AM

26 posts, read 29,421 times
Too many people are saying Sweden!
I am swedish and I live in Sweden but honestly I don't find swedish girls that much attractive. (Guys are ok).
People often imagine them (/us) as tall, blonde and beautiful and ok I agree with the first two. People are generally tall and blone, but the faces aint that cute without makeup. There is no natural beauty as in for example many south american coutries or in the middle east.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:49 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,214,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
What kind of ignorant comment is that?

Have you ever seen a lot of Ethiopian women? They're usually tall, slim, and beautiful. I would think that "slim" would be a good thing the way men on this forum go on about how much they can't stand fat women.

If you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion, you can go away.
These Ethiopian "black" women all appear to be mixed with a light skinned race.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:05 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,214,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerriMAC View Post
Is this topic on raw beauty or not? You said it was raw beauty. However, the photos you posted on page one are clearly not raw. You should just retract "raw" and allow other influencing factors (hair highlighting/extensions, make-up, jewelry, fashion...) into judging physical beauty.
I agree. All of these beauty threads are pointless when people post fake images of models with 10K of hair, makeup, and photoshop on.

Pics should be of regular people on the street.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:29 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
These Ethiopian "black" women all appear to be mixed with a light skinned race.
That's the typical Ethiopian look. Not all Africans are dark skinned. Lots of ordinary Ethiopian women look like that--tall, thin, no fake hair, no tons of makeup, etc. The men are handsome, too.They are naturally a beautiful people.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:36 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,674 times
For a such a small population, Mongolia has to rank as having some of the most beautiful women in the world. Well-dressed, exotically beautiful faces, knockout bodies...

Old 06-13-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiroB View Post
Too many people are saying Sweden!
I am swedish and I live in Sweden but honestly I don't find swedish girls that much attractive. (Guys are ok).
People often imagine them (/us) as tall, blonde and beautiful and ok I agree with the first two. People are generally tall and blone, but the faces aint that cute without makeup. There is no natural beauty as in for example many south american coutries or in the middle east.
As a white guy I have to put it out there that I think white women can be the least attractive without makeup. Our (white folks) skin is so easily damaged and I offer up the countless middle-aged beach bunnies from Florida with faces as smooth as beef jerky. My skin often looks like I exfoliated with a belt sander myself. I suppose the closer to the arctic circle tne better for the melanin-deficient.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:28 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Israel has some beautiful women. I'll admit that I have a soft spot (okay, maybe a hard spot ) for Jewish women.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I'm not surprised. Countries with a lot of ethnic and/or racial mixing usually have very attractive people.
Sometimes I think this and sometimes I don't. I definitely think there are some stunning mixed-ethnicity women out there but also some that have seemed to inherit the 'lesser attractive' features of either parents ethnicity(not trying to be unpc but every ethnicity has them). I've also seen the most attractive women in what might be considered isolated backwaters. Take my above post about Mongolian women for example. Also, eastern Europe isn't known for racial mixing yet is well-known for very attractive women. I would rate either average well above the US average which is one of the most intermixed countries in the world. However some of that may have to do with American weight issues.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:28 AM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
eastern Europe isn't known for racial mixing yet is well-known for very attractive women.
Yes it is. Eastern Europe has had a lot of ethnic and race mixing throughout history. Some that come to mind immediately:

The Vikings
The Mongols
The Tatars
The Huns
The Ottoman Turks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty