U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 01:01 AM

14,489 posts, read 11,474,558 times

Advertisements

Depends on my mood but I like to dress casual most.. love nice sweaters or jumpers. in rich colours. deep red , deep mauve, capri pants if the weathers nice..but usually straight cut denims, with small wedge loafers in tan leather..military style jackets just now have one in khaki , one in black..love scarves and nice bags, but Im old fashioned and still like ma bag matching my shoes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 06:55 AM

9,018 posts, read 7,946,526 times
Comfortable, at all costs....
Meaning the least amount of clothes I can get away with, & still look respectable, lol

Old 05-19-2014, 05:37 PM

568 posts, read 538,755 times
Cargo shorts, t-shirts, and hoodies.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:53 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,573,153 times
My style is defined by where I live and what *I* like. Being a retired 63 year old who lives in the country and am home most of the time, I dress casually. In winter, I'm limited to wearing those horribly fitting flannel lined jeans for warmth plus a couple layers on top with a lined heavy wool sweater--not a look I like at all but it's functional for around the house. The rest of the year I wear jeans and a nice casual top around the house. When going to town or the big city, I like to wear dressier jeans, comfy knit Dream Jeannes, or in summer nice capris that are either of nice knit material or Susan Graver's Liquid Knit with a nicer knit top or more often a Susan Graver Liquid Knit top. I go for comfort but still want to look nice and wear some color. When going shopping or to church I always wear jewelry. My goal is to look like I care about my appearance, wear flattering but modest outfits, in nice colors.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:15 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,519,757 times
Usually straight, but sometimes kinda gay

For summer

I usually wear a Polo, low rise jeans, a belt, and sneakers.

Sometimes its shorts, a polo (or) t shirt, a belt, and sandals.

On occasions its a T shirt, low rise jeans, a belt, and sandals.

I may switch up my T shirt for a dri fit Muscle tee if physical activity is involved. I like showing off my arms ( hence the gay part).

Old 05-22-2014, 02:26 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,511,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Today I went on a short car trip, and I noticed that I liked what I was wearing. I felt I was nicely and appropriately turned out. Remember that I am 67 years old, so my "style" is probably not comprehensible to a very young person. I wore knit pants that resemble jeans with rolled cuffs, a v-neck tee and a bright rose colored knit jacket. My shoes were simple gray tennis shoes with short socks. (I figured I would be doing a lot of walking.) I wore simple gold earrings and the little drop around my neck that I almost always wear, my rings and my watch. I looked in the mirror and thought, I look like myself. That is, I looked like I feel I look. I wore just enough makeup. My point is, for me, increasingly, my look has become quite casual. I don't go to work any more, so I don't need to dress up very often. But I like how I looked this morning. This, I think, is my true style. Casual, comfortable, colorful, with only a little bling.

What is your true style--you know--the look you feel represents you at this time in your life? When you look in the mirror, what makes you happy to see? Do you characterize your "look" any way? Do you work to achieve your look, or does it happen naturally, without thought? I confess, I work a little with the clothing I wear.

I am also curious about men. Do you try for a look that you feel is yours?
It's summer here, I love wearing white fashions with silver jewelry...toss in some navy accents to make it interesting. I love pretty much all the classics for women's fashions, but I like to add my own touches to spice them up and avoid that matchy-matchy matron look. Dark wash denim and starched white cotton shirts are a wardrobe staple as are very cute sandals this time of year.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:34 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,203,983 times
When i think of warmer weather i think of stuff like this Summer | Fashion | Pinterest and this Random Inspiration 111

Old 05-22-2014, 02:50 PM

18,717 posts, read 4,702,479 times
Like the OP I am also 67...casual is comfortable to me...a short hairdo works for my fine thinning hair,
(boosted by gel and hairspray), pants and top, flat shoes or tennis shoe types...have some arthritis so
no heels...small gold hoop earrings I leave in most of the time, necklace, watch, 2 rings, sometimes
bangle bracelets if I go out.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:05 PM

535 posts, read 390,360 times
These days I think my most typical look is basketball shorts, a college sports-specific t-shirt, shoes and socks, and a tube 'do rag (that is, one you don't need to tie anywhere).

Old 05-23-2014, 05:14 AM

13,104 posts, read 17,634,355 times
I guess you could say I like to look put together more so than anything else . I also like the flowy sundresses as well .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or