U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 08:45 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,547,382 times

Advertisements

These are true words from my heart. I just had to say it
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really would like a funny woman for long term relationships. I don't get enough of a laughter in life and am stressed or panicked easily as seen in my earlier posts. I get worked up with issues a bit too fast. Someone who can cheer me up with a few funny jokes after a tired day or lightens up my mood is very beneficial for my life. My parents think I am insane in wanting such a woman, but it is true. I find women with a sense of humor attractive from the inside, as they relieve internal tensions. I will offer them all they desire. Really, I enjoy being around such a kind of person. I have come to understand that much about myself now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 07:54 PM

3,093 posts, read 3,992,286 times
If we're talking pure physical attraction, I have a wide variety of tastes, it comes down to that woman's individual good features. Sandra Bullock, Beyoncé, Tracee Ellis Ross, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lawrence, Joy Bryant, Meagan Good, Kirsten Dunst, Katy Perry, and Julia Stiles are all examples of women I've found myself physically attracted to at one point or another.

If we're talking the whole woman, then I'm a bit more selective than the Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry types. Basically an intelligent, confident, classy woman with a good heart and that's fun to be around.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:36 PM

4,584 posts, read 5,821,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
If we're talking pure physical attraction, I have a wide variety of tastes, it comes down to that woman's individual good features. Sandra Bullock, Beyoncé, Tracee Ellis Ross, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lawrence, Joy Bryant, Meagan Good, Kirsten Dunst, Katy Perry, and Julia Stiles are all examples of women I've found myself physically attracted to at one point or another.

If we're talking the whole woman, then I'm a bit more selective than the Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry types. Basically an intelligent, confident, classy woman with a good heart and that's fun to be around.

That's a killer list.

Maybe not T E Ross..Her eyes throw me off.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:30 PM

3,093 posts, read 3,992,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
That's a killer list.

Maybe not T E Ross..Her eyes throw me off.
Funny thing is I used to not find her attractive for the same reason. Then she kind of grew on me...that body.

Old 06-07-2014, 03:16 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,124,903 times
I like clothes on women that show shape but not much skin (other than forearms and lower legs). Not tight, either. Those are almost mandatory if I'm to be more than crudely physically attracted. I like black mixed with colors. For some reason, I dislike most patterns that women wear, but I do appreciate some creative clothing pieces mixed in (as a straight guy, I can't really describe them). I prefer casual to formal, as in jeans vs. long skirts or little black dress vs. a gown. Red lipstick with little or no makeup. Accessories are a positive, if I hardly notice them. Showy jewelry looks high-maintenance to me. Body modifications other than pierced ears - not good. Glasses usually look silly or otherwise worse than without. Heels look better than other options. I prefer long, somewhat simple hair, maybe curled or braided a little over very straight, please nothing worn over it unless required by weather.

Last edited by goodheathen; 06-07-2014 at 03:42 PM..

Old 06-09-2014, 06:19 PM

172 posts, read 197,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I'm a guy, and I have to admit, I like conservative and classy women. I'm a big fan of refinement. I like women you can take somewhere upscale as well. I tend to like women who dress in darker colors, and I tend to like women in skirts or dresses over more contemporary styles. I'm a big fan of old noir films, and I tend to like the the style of dress and mannerism of women in those films. So I love classy women. I think this matches up with my own style as well. I tend to be a fairly conservative dresser, who usually will wear slacks, a button up shirt, or a sports jacket. I also dress in darker colors.

Anyway, I just wanted to see how many guys share my preferences.
I like skinny, conservative looking, classic women. No tats. No hair dye. No piercings. No lezbo stuff. No trash.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:25 PM

7,653 posts, read 14,775,293 times
Physically, I'm attracted to thick, buxom, brunette, pear-shaped women. A little bit of excess weight is fine (and may even add to my attraction), but not a whole lot. Ideal height is somewhere between 5'2 and 5'5 (I'm about 5'8 - 5'9 myself). A pretty face is a must, and I don't know how to describe my preferences there, except big, brown eyes and what is sometimes referred to as a "Jew nose" (sorry, I don't know the proper term for it, but it's a nose type common among Arab and certain Jewish women). Being first- or second-generation Latina or some other "brown"/"tan" ethnicity (yes, I know there are white Arabs and black Latinas, etc.). Beyond being especially attractive to me, these women probably have musical and culinary tastes closer to my own, as well as a tighter family structure. I don't really mind "dating the family".

I would say the celebrity that I've been most attracted to in the past is Sofia Vergara, or that lady who played Artie's wife on The Sopranos (Katherine Narducci, I think her name is). I probably find the latter more attractive, as she is not as famous.

Mentally and emotionally, I prefer a woman who is very morally conservative, modest but not prudish or unkempt, kind, motherly, gentle, sweet, Catholic (or at least Christian), and humble. Cooking skills are a big bonus, as are hobbies that interest me like hiking or biking or going on long road trips. She definitely has to tolerate antennas , but I would tolerate anything she put on the property. She has to get along with my mother, but that's not hard to do. Traits I don't appreciate in a potential wife are obsession with detail, assertiveness, athleticism, competitiveness, aggressiveness, excessive materialism, ******iness, obsession with fitness, etc.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:31 AM

735 posts, read 683,817 times
Except for some chat buddies, I've been avoiding getting close to women ever since I found out I'm non-sexual/asexual, but I still find certain women attractive.

Personalities above all attract or repulse me. I'm always attracted to women who act comfortable around me, like to talk to me & befriend me, but not women who get flirty, too smiley or shy toward me, or are too affectionate (the kiss greeter & goodbye type, but I don't mind the huggers). I also can't stand the type who try to control me or change things about me.

Even though I'm a non-sexual person, certain physical appearances have an allure to me while others don't or repulse me. Alluring: unique look, casual dresser, short or medium-length hair. Repulses my interest: dresses like the majority of women around, very fashionista, hair is long & just straight or looks like many others hair, mask of unnatural-looking makeup, plucked out & painted on eyebrows (especially painted on too high or made to look like she's angry).

My interest gets invoked by women who stand out from the boring crowd of sameness, regardless of whether she's considered "attractive" to other men. For example, put a punk rocker or goth or woman in tattoos & piercings in a room full of normals and my interest will automatically be directed to the punk rocker, goth, or woman in tattoos & piercings. Usually, though, it's less of a subtle difference such as hair style that gets my attention such as the rare pixie 'do or bob wearer or woman wearing neon green. Foreign accents and unique or different voices also capture my interest.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:06 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,124,903 times
Honestly I thought my previous post was great, and someone (in of the nicest anonymous comments I've seen) praised it by rep this past day while indicating dismay (shared by me) at other men for seeming to only be interested in T&A. I confess that until recently I would not have been able to express my style preferences so well, and I think many men have them (not sure if preferences close to mine) but are little aware of them and wouldn't know how to say them. Partly because they don't see many well-dressed women on TV or in their lives. But sub-consciously they probably do react to women based on more than just hotness level. This is an invitation to other men to think more about the subject, as in what types of clothing they dislike on women.

Last edited by goodheathen; 06-12-2014 at 01:15 PM..

Old 06-14-2014, 10:46 AM

11,441 posts, read 13,995,434 times
For me: confident, self-assured and educated. Tall, slim, with pretty eyes. Can dress casual (t shirt and jeans to formal and everything else in between). I always love long legs on a woman and a short skirt to show those legs off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or