U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 04:24 AM

2 posts, read 1,986 times

Advertisements

I believe that every woman is beautiful. As you are saying your tummy is coming out, then I would say that you should avoid wearing tight clothes which makes it more expose. Wear those clothes in which you feel comfortable.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 06:12 AM

1,210 posts, read 849,940 times
Are we talking about the FUPA, the marsupial pouch?
Yes, for me personally that is physically... a repulsive turn off. I'm sorry I don't have any control over my reaction.

However, you may not care if I find you attractive.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:26 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 8,191,806 times
For me it depends on how much we are talking?

But for the most part, I would prefer a nice tight stomach...just like almost every woman would prefer a guy to have a nice tight stomach.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:25 AM

3,413 posts, read 2,893,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salonstpete View Post
I believe that every woman is beautiful. .
No you don't. You are just saying that to get CD "rep points" from the obese people who hang here.

Is this woman physically beautiful to you? Remember, this thread has to do with the PHYSICAL not with anything else.

OP should know that the majority of me do find big bellies on women to be a turnoff. After all, the flatter the stomach the more attractive she is. While you may find some who may be fine with a big bellied woman, MOST do not like it and would prefer flat stomach.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:48 AM

4,911 posts, read 6,576,063 times
This is probably the most vile thread I've ever read on so many different levels.

We've got the typical chauvinist a$$holes that hold women to different standards than themselves.

We've got the resident horndogs that'll hit on just about any woman that has a functional vagina

We've got women who are too afraid to post a picture of their own physique (for good reason, see first comment).

We've got other women offering blind support.

No one has mentioned eating clean, getting some moderate exercise, striving to be healthy.

We have body builder women being posted as the standard to which attractiveness is measured (gross and hints at some homoeroticism IMO)

We've got inches being thrown around (which mean nothing to me). It's all relative to your frame/bone structure.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 05-28-2014 at 08:00 AM..

Old 05-28-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post

No one has mentioned eating clean, getting some moderate exercise, striving to be healthy.

To be fair, the OP didn't ask for exercise or diet routines. She ONLY asked if a big belly is a turnoff. There are lots of exercise advice on how to lose fat in the exercise forums. But, sadly, the people who need it the most seem to ignore the GOOD advice and instead go with, or respond to posters who offer the WORST advice.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:19 AM

3,037 posts, read 2,337,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
This is probably the most vile thread I've ever read on so many different levels.

We've got the typical chauvinist a$$holes that hold women to different standards than themselves.

We've got the resident horndogs that'll hit on just about any woman that has a functional vagina

We've got women who are too afraid to post a picture of their own physique (for good reason, see first comment).

We've got other women offering blind support.

We have body builder women being posted as the standard to which attractiveness is measured (gross and hints at some homoeroticism IMO)

We've got inches being thrown around (which mean nothing to me). It's all relative to your frame/bone structure.

I didn't read the entire thread but I did tell the op that with working out, eating well, drinking water, and ditching her squeem that she can achieve a virtually smaller stomach(not necessarily flat). The issue is that she hasn't accurately described exactly what she means. She says she has a small
waist, and doesn't have a protruding belly, but that the sides on her lower belly have fat on them from wearing a squeem(which pushed the fat from her waist to other areas of her body). I have never used a squeem, and have no clue what she means or for that matter what exactly is a large belly depending on the women. As I said earlier, most women even thin slim fit women will have some belly. It might barely be visible, it might appear virtually flat but it's there. And then there are other other women with very visible bellies. There are so many variations that I have no understanding of which variation the op or men deem as undesirable.

I work out, lift, eat clean(the majority of time) drink plenty of water and I had a baby 2.5 years ago. My waist is small relative to my frame, I have a noticeable distinguished waist to hip ratio, and most people have commented that I have a small stomach especially compared to the rest of my body, since I have big hips, a big butt and thick legs. But my stomach isn't flat.

I do have a very small pooch from having a child. No it isn't noticeable, even when naked, but close inspection will see it and I know it's there. For me unless I got a tummy tuck, the chances of a 6 pack ab is just about impossible. I would never strive for one anyway and so I have no clue why that is the standard that is being praised in this thread. It's a standard most women cannot get too, unless extremely for, athletic or with a nutritionist monitoring your intake.

On average most women don't have stomachs with 6 packs. Heck my younger sister is skinny af, with a 15% body fat sync recently started doing competitions for definition and her stomach protrudes slightly and is pretty obvious, but if you feel it you can clearly feel her 6 pack. She is as fit as can be, and thin, and does not have flat abs.

The op might be tripping and overthinking her stomach or she might have a large tummy, without pictures clarifying what she means, the whole debate about whether men are turned off by her belly is sort of moot. The op needs to post pictures, if not if her, of someone that has a belly like she is describing.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:18 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I didn't read the entire thread but I did tell the op that with working out, eating well, drinking water, and ditching her squeem that she can achieve a virtually smaller stomach(not necessarily flat). The issue is that she hasn't accurately described exactly what she means. She says she has a small
waist, and doesn't have a protruding belly, but that the sides on her lower belly have fat on them from wearing a squeem(which pushed the fat from her waist to other areas of her body). I have never used a squeem, and have no clue what she means or for that matter what exactly is a large belly depending on the women. As I said earlier, most women even thin slim fit women will have some belly. It might barely be visible, it might appear virtually flat but it's there. And then there are other other women with very visible bellies. There are so many variations that I have no understanding of which variation the op or men deem as undesirable.

I work out, lift, eat clean(the majority of time) drink plenty of water and I had a baby 2.5 years ago. My waist is small relative to my frame, I have a noticeable distinguished waist to hip ratio, and most people have commented that I have a small stomach especially compared to the rest of my body, since I have big hips, a big butt and thick legs. But my stomach isn't flat.

I do have a very small pooch from having a child. No it isn't noticeable, even when naked, but close inspection will see it and I know it's there. For me unless I got a tummy tuck, the chances of a 6 pack ab is just about impossible. I would never strive for one anyway and so I have no clue why that is the standard that is being praised in this thread. It's a standard most women cannot get too, unless extremely for, athletic or with a nutritionist monitoring your intake.

On average most women don't have stomachs with 6 packs. Heck my younger sister is skinny af, with a 15% body fat sync recently started doing competitions for definition and her stomach protrudes slightly and is pretty obvious, but if you feel it you can clearly feel her 6 pack. She is as fit as can be, and thin, and does not have flat abs.

The op might be tripping and overthinking her stomach or she might have a large tummy, without pictures clarifying what she means, the whole debate about whether men are turned off by her belly is sort of moot. The op needs to post pictures, if not if her, of someone that has a belly like she is describing.
I have not figured how to post pics using a chromebook, but it resembles Cathie Jung,the woman with the smallest waist. Look at her in tight clothing and you will see the the pooch.
It is right below her belly button. I do not have love handles either. There is no fat on the sides.
I guess you can say it looks like a kangaroo pouch,but my skin is thight.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:52 AM

226 posts, read 272,114 times
This conversation so silly. its like saying "are arms on a woman a turn off"?

plenty of skinny, professional models have a curve and a softness to their belly. you will see rounded bellies in the victoria's secret catalog, lululemon website, etc.

does a floppy, protruding belly look good? no. but you don't have to be concave in order to be perfect.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I have not figured how to post pics using a chromebook, but it resembles Cathie Jung,the woman with the smallest waist. Look at her in tight clothing and you will see the the pooch.
It is right below her belly button. I do not have love handles either. There is no fat on the sides.
I guess you can say it looks like a kangaroo pouch,but my skin is thight.
Splitting hairs.

I pooch is a pooch is a pot belly is a pot belly. Cathy Jung is the WORST example you can use to try to compare what you look like.

Here's the thing, do YOU like the way you look? If so, then fine. If you worry about guys finding you attractive with a pot belly, then do something about it - 1) eat right; 2) lift weights; 3) do lots of cardio. Listed in order of importance. Doing these things will make your "like" of the way you look turn to "LOVE" of the way you look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or