U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 03:25 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,751,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
A pooch or a pouch?

If a pooch - what kind? Dachshund, poodle?
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pooch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 04:01 PM

10,339 posts, read 7,598,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Because you're talking about a "small waist, but large tummy," I'm wondering if people don't actually know what you mean. It's hard to envision someone with, say, a potbelly. but a small waist, because abdominal girth generally affects waist size. I'm wondering if you're not describing your build particularly accurately.
I agree with that. Belly fat accumulates at the waist, not only in an area below the belly button. So if a woman, or man, has a belly, their waist has thickened. Everyone has a tummy. In most women it is slightly rounded because that is just the female shape. There's an Tv ad playing currently in which Gisele Bunchen prances around in a bikini. Even she, Victoria's Secret model that she is, has a curved stomach (she's had one child.)

Old 05-19-2014, 04:31 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,212,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I agree with that. Belly fat accumulates at the waist, not only in an area below the belly button. So if a woman, or man, has a belly, their waist has thickened. Everyone has a tummy. In most women it is slightly rounded because that is just the female shape. There's an Tv ad playing currently in which Gisele Bunchen prances around in a bikini. Even she, Victoria's Secret model that she is, has a curved stomach (she's had one child.)
not true in my case anyway.

YOu ever see those women who waist train but it seems the fat got pushed to the bottom of the tummy?

Old 05-19-2014, 04:34 PM

10,339 posts, read 7,598,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
not true in my case anyway.

YOu ever see those women who waist train but it seems the fat got pushed to the bottom of the tummy?
No, maybe you can post a picture of what you mean.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:35 PM

15,742 posts, read 11,750,377 times
It doesn't matter where the fat sits - hide it.

It is never pretty but it is easily hideable with nice clothes who are a little wider and nobody will see the imperfection.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:19 PM

30 posts, read 29,544 times
No! I love it!

Old 05-19-2014, 07:52 PM

2,631 posts, read 4,347,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
To Jerseygal:

Exercise is the key to success in reducing your tummy, not plastic surgeries. Yes, a tummy can be unhealthy in the later ages, but not during pregnancy. To help you, I suggest making time for working out. From your earlier posts, I understand that you are stressed, overworked, and therefore unable to incorporate an exercise routine or make healthy food choices. This has led to you being overweight. As a fellow jersey guy who has been through the same, I would like to help you. Here is my sincere advice to help incorporate an exercise routine into your busy schedule. Also, make healthy eating a priority.
  1. Buy a set of dumbbells ranging from 10-60 lb
  2. Every day, before dinner, spend 40 minutes in your balcony or backyard doing exercises with weights. Slowly increase the weights
  3. Eat a nutritious dinner (DO NOT rely upon dominos or Mc. Donalds), and breakfast (No Donuts)
  4. Do not make excuses unless you are feeling ill or hurt.
  5. Take a cold shower between your exercise routine and dinner to stay refreshed

Do this consistently, and observe the results in 1 year. Hope this advice helps. If this does not work, make a doctors appointment ,explain what you have been doing, and ask him/her why you have a tummy problem.
What is your source for this information? Controlled research studies published in good journals pretty consistently show that you cannot "spot reduce." Genetics determine WHERE your fat is deposited. You can lose weight overall through diet and exercise, and some of it may be lost in places where you wish to lose it, but you cannot exercise or eat certain foods to get rid of weight in a specific place. You can also get liposuction, etc., to reduce the number of fat cells (permanently) in a given area.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:49 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,792,291 times
I didnt read all the replies so sorry if this has been said, and I am not a guy, but what bothers me-and my husband agrees, is IF a woman has a "pouch" and she dresses like she has a 16 year-old's body with tight clothes so her belly is stuck to her clothes and you can see every aspect of it.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:28 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,212,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Guys who are in shape will be turned off by it. Guys with huge bellies will not have a problem with it.

Instead of worrying about it, why don't you work on getting rid of it? There are lots of exercises you can do to tighten your abdominal muscles.

Of course, fat guys are attracted to fat women. I'm sure this guy would have no problem with a woman with a lower belly pooch.
This guy does not even have a lower tummy pooch.

Lower tummy pooches are specific to women.

Pot belly and lower tummy pooch are not the same thing.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:34 AM

1,442 posts, read 846,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
SO i have a a lower belly pooch but i do not know if i would look gross wearing tight clothing.

Are guys turned off by a large tummy if a woman is otherwise shapely?
By large i mean sticks out,but still has a small waistline.
Jersey, hi..
I only speak for myself.. but a healthy tummy on a woman doesn't bother me at all.. I like a healthy woman.
I notice lots of times, to have a healthy, curvy body.. the belly comes with it, which is just part of the deal. I find the whole thick look to be attractive & feminine.. even with or without a small, tapered down waist..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or