U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 07:57 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,909,396 times

Advertisements

When the belly hangs down to where a woman cannot find her bush. Then that is way over the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 08:06 AM

7,846 posts, read 5,036,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
SO i have a a lower belly pooch but i do not know if i would look gross wearing tight clothing.

Are guys turned off by a large tummy if a woman is otherwise shapely?
By large i mean sticks out,but still has a small waistline.

I know many women have large tummy but what is considered to big for you?
I am a fit male, so I like a fit woman. Tummies are unacceptable unless there is a child in there.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:26 AM

14,655 posts, read 29,708,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
SO i have a a lower belly pooch but i do not know if i would look gross wearing tight clothing.

Are guys turned off by a large tummy if a woman is otherwise shapely?
By large i mean sticks out,but still has a small waistline.

I know many women have large tummy but what is considered to big for you?
Posting again just to address the original post regarding tight clothing: I agree with posters who say NO to the tight clothing. Since I too have that lower belly pooch (no matter how much or little I weigh, it is genetic) I do not wear anything tight in that area. On those occasions that I do wear leggings and such it is covered with a long shirt, blouse or sweater. I would rather emphasize my long legs and large breasts - why call attention to something that you feel is a flaw? By the time a guy gets to know and like you he probably won't care about your tummy, and if all else fails when you two are together lie on your back and it naturally flattens out!

Old 05-20-2014, 08:34 AM

3,419 posts, read 2,899,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When the belly hangs down to where a woman cannot find her bush. Then that is way over the line.
LOL. Yeah, downward facing bushes are unacceptable. They should be facing forward, not downward, and they should not be all covered up with flab.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:19 AM

3,072 posts, read 4,060,473 times
Nearly all women, no matter how fit they are, will have some sort of lower pooch due to essential fat around the organs, and female body fat distribution. Even girls with 6 packs might have a slight pooch.

Truth is, as someone who has been in fitness for 10 years, this is a reality that most women need to accept - the men don't seem to care. Women OBSESS over that little pooch, even though it is natural and healthy (dieting down so low that it doesn't exist is unsustainable).

I don't think many men care about a "normal" female tummy. Obviously, a lot of them don't care for huge or hanging ones, but I'm sure it's much more of an issue for women than for men. Reminds me of men who obsess about their biceps when truth is, that's a lot more their issue than it is for us women

Old 05-20-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
Nearly all women, no matter how fit they are, will have some sort of lower pooch due to essential fat around the organs, and female body fat distribution. Even girls with 6 packs might have a slight pooch.
Not true. Besides, this thread isn't about how all women have pooches, its about is the pooch a turnoff. Plus, I know a LOT of women who DO NOT have the pooch (aka FLAB or potbelly).

Old 05-20-2014, 09:45 AM

11,882 posts, read 10,529,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Not true. Besides, this thread isn't about how all women have pooches, its about is the pooch a turnoff. Plus, I know a LOT of women who DO NOT have the pooch (aka FLAB or potbelly).
Not everyone works out that much. FYI, most guys on CD would be weaker than her in terms of strength. Damn, those legs, I want em .

Old 05-20-2014, 09:46 AM

3,072 posts, read 4,060,473 times
Quote:
That's Erin Stern, IFBB figure champion at competition stage leanness - that is NOT sustainable or realistic. If she drank a gallon of water in that photo, you'd see the pooch.

A "pooch" is not a pot belly.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:57 AM

Camille doesn't have a pooch/pot belly/bellyflab either.

Point is, that not all women have big bellies like some folks here would like people to believe. I have a lot of friends and hang out with a lot of women who do NOT have the bellies like some folks say. Of course, these are women who are into health/fitness and not laying on the sofa drinking soda, eating chips and watching tv. To me, fit is normal which means seeing women without the big pooch is also normal/common.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:03 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,215,181 times
Quote:
Camille doesn't have a pooch/pot belly/bellyflab either.

Point is, that not all women have big bellies like some folks here would like people to believe. I have a lot of friends and hang out with a lot of women who do NOT have the bellies like some folks say. Of course, these are women who are into health/fitness and not laying on the sofa drinking soda, eating chips and watching tv. To me, fit is normal which means seeing women without the big pooch is also normal/common.

Look between her belly button and pubic area.
She has a pooch. Its not something you see from the front,but rather from the side.

My lower pooch does not hang over the cooch.
It sticks out.

I bet that that if the woman above was on her menstrual cycle the lower pooch would look bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or