U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 05:26 PM

10,388 posts, read 7,472,821 times

Advertisements

For TV is one thing. So unnecessary. Be comfortable with who you are.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 05:32 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,341,652 times
I will admit that sexy hair is probably my top turn on in a guy. Well, maybe second after being close to my height (AKA short.) Hey, we all have our preferences. But there are some HOT bald men out there. If you are balding, embrace it! So much more attractive than trying to cover it up!

Old 05-19-2014, 06:26 PM

12,230 posts, read 1,648,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
Why would our eyes go to a guy's belt?
Maybe when we can't believe the size of that beer belly hanging over his belt!

Old 05-19-2014, 09:00 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,510,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I can not stand this look. Unfortunately, many many men sport it. It looks so weird to me - no hair on top with hair on your chin. I find bald with no goatee much more attractive.
Yes. And if the guy has grey in his beard it can be incredibly aging if he is still a younger guy.

As to OP, yes obvious toupees are a turnoff.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:59 PM

8,874 posts, read 12,917,566 times
I'm not perfect, so I don't expect men to be. People in general would do well to play up their good points and not feel they have to overcompensate for what is less than fabulous. I dislike toupees for the same reason I dislike extreme face lifts or obvious breast enhancement on women. To me it indicates a lack of self-acceptance, poor self-esteem, and a belief that what's on the outside is more important than what's on the inside. And that usually goes along with other unpleasant characteristics like an obsession with money or power. If you're bald and don't like it, get a cool hat like Samuel L. Jackson.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:12 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,122,907 times
I'm not a girl, but I can't imagine why anyone this day and age would wear a toupee. If a man really cares that much about his hair, there are low-risk procedures that will restore his hair. A toupee just screams that the man doesn't know what he wants.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:17 PM

1,272 posts, read 1,717,097 times
Major turnoff! It just screams insecure to me.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:40 PM

583 posts, read 739,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I understand the sentiment, but I think it's a bit unfair. Not all of us women are happy with the hair that we have and many wear wigs and extensions. Not every man is comfortable being bald, so if he wants to wear a toupee, why should he be stigmatized for that?

I agree completely!

Why so much derision for men who style their hair any particular way or who wear toupee's? Just because you think he looks dumb doesn't mean he feels the same way. Maybe he likes it that way and feels good about it. Isn't that what confidence is all about? Feeling good about yourself?

Shaving his head isn't a good option for many men. You have to have the right facial structure and head shape to carry if off. Plus you need to shave it regularly to keep it looking good. I think most men are content just to shave their faces and not worry about shaving the cranium too.

It's also true that at some point in their lives, just about all women will wear extensions, wigs, dye their hair, use rogaine and even use the female equivalent of the comb-over. I call it the poof-over, where she fluffs her hair over the thin spots.

Don't be in denial ladies. Women also suffer thinning hair and receding hairlines and they hate it every bit as much as the guys hate losing their own hair and deal with it their own way. I don't see anybody attacking women for wearing wigs or doing poof-overs.

For all the women here criticizing the guys about their hair, do you also do the same to women who are going through the same thing and use their own preferred methods to deal with it?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:48 AM

297 posts, read 641,914 times
Obvious toupees are unattractive. Bald is beautiful.

Btw, the worst is THE COMBOVER -- you know, mostly bald but a few thin strands of hair over one ear grown 12 inches long and combed over the top of the head. Bald is a thousand times better than that. You are fooling NO ONE! ;-)

Old 05-20-2014, 09:06 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,510,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
I agree completely!

Why so much derision for men who style their hair any particular way or who wear toupee's? Just because you think he looks dumb doesn't mean he feels the same way. Maybe he likes it that way and feels good about it. Isn't that what confidence is all about? Feeling good about yourself?

Shaving his head isn't a good option for many men. You have to have the right facial structure and head shape to carry if off. Plus you need to shave it regularly to keep it looking good. I think most men are content just to shave their faces and not worry about shaving the cranium too.

It's also true that at some point in their lives, just about all women will wear extensions, wigs, dye their hair, use rogaine and even use the female equivalent of the comb-over. I call it the poof-over, where she fluffs her hair over the thin spots.

Don't be in denial ladies. Women also suffer thinning hair and receding hairlines and they hate it every bit as much as the guys hate losing their own hair and deal with it their own way. I don't see anybody attacking women for wearing wigs or doing poof-overs.

For all the women here criticizing the guys about their hair, do you also do the same to women who are going through the same thing and use their own preferred methods to deal with it?
Well isn't this particular subforum about what people find aesthetically pleasing?

I don't think any women here are in denial that they may have thinning hair at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or