U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 05:19 PM

10,396 posts, read 7,478,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vall View Post
They've put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

Lumber jack song - YouTube
THANK YOU!!! This wasn't a wasted thread after all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 06:37 PM

13,642 posts, read 8,664,774 times
Dang if I know.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:38 PM

854 posts, read 898,449 times
They turned into women and moved to Washington state.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:09 PM

21,465 posts, read 22,706,474 times
Where were all the sexy lumberjacks to begin with? They're probably still there.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:49 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,206,967 times
Didnt Al get made fun of though?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:39 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,762,829 times
Lloyd Bridges est mui macho.

But the best one is the Log Drivers Waltz!!
Kate & Anna McGarrigle:

http://www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3...29260,d.cGUthe

Old 05-20-2014, 10:56 PM

729 posts, read 1,378,146 times
Dexter Morgan became one.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:03 AM

5,709 posts, read 4,282,375 times
@The OP: They quit after gay guys began stealing their style.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:16 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,816,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
Seriously.

Where have all the brawny sexy lumberjacks gone? Men's style today tends towardandrogynous/hipster/fem-lite styles. No real man should ever be caught deadwearing jeggings, eyeliner, or nail polish. Why is any of this even a thing? Iget you need to "express yourself" but why must this entail"primping" and makeup? I am so turned off by all this, it's revolting. Andno, gym rat guys do not count as brawny. They may be muscular yes, but notnecessarily tough or even masculine. Actually much of their vanity is feminine-like. Great, you can lift a dumbbell. Sorry, but I am quite sure that is not what Spencer/Darwin meant by "survival of the fittest."

Now just to be fair I will add a rant about women's style today. Please, please, PLEASE, ladies, do not wear leggings as pants, mmkay? There, I even asked nicely. It's just, I don't care to see every dimple of your a s 5 cheek as you strut down sidewalk. Even the loveliest of as 5es should be kept between intimates only. Oh, and don't think because you wear a size 5 you are all that, if you are squeezing a size 9 body into it. Funny thing about muffin tops, they are gross and make you look huge even if you are not. Whereas if you simply wear clothes that fit appropriately (cut out the size if you must, supposedly Mariah Carey does) you will actually look slimmer.

nostoneunturned, perhaps you should start looking under the trees instead of the rocks?

Old 05-21-2014, 07:40 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,492,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
Seriously.

Where have all the brawny sexy lumberjacks gone? Men's style today tends towardandrogynous/hipster/fem-lite styles. No real man should ever be caught deadwearing jeggings, eyeliner, or nail polish. Why is any of this even a thing? Iget you need to "express yourself" but why must this entail"primping" and makeup? I am so turned off by all this, it's revolting. Andno, gym rat guys do not count as brawny. They may be muscular yes, but notnecessarily tough or even masculine. Actually much of their vanity is feminine-like. Great, you can lift a dumbbell. Sorry, but I am quite sure that is not what Spencer/Darwin meant by "survival of the fittest."

Now just to be fair I will add a rant about women's style today. Please, please, PLEASE, ladies, do not wear leggings as pants, mmkay? There, I even asked nicely. It's just, I don't care to see every dimple of your a s 5 cheek as you strut down sidewalk. Even the loveliest of as 5es should be kept between intimates only. Oh, and don't think because you wear a size 5 you are all that, if you are squeezing a size 9 body into it. Funny thing about muffin tops, they are gross and make you look huge even if you are not. Whereas if you simply wear clothes that fit appropriately (cut out the size if you must, supposedly Mariah Carey does) you will actually look slimmer.
I've always said that someday I would find THE PERSON who knows EXACTLY WHAT FASHION SHOULD BE LIKE... and now I have. Glory, glory, hallelujah. [/sarcasm]

Look - the fashion industry is run largely by homosexual men. Homosexual men are largely effeminate or attracted to effeminate men. I should know - I've known and seen many a male homosexual and 9 out of 10 of them are like that. I would imagine that the other 1 out of 10 ain't going to be working in fashion, so we can figure that this is the issue behind male styles trending toward androgynous / effeminate.

If by brawny/sexy lumberjacks you aren't referring to people who work out to build brawn, you must be referring to people who chop down trees, eat their lunch, and go to the lava-tree. Frankly, I don't get it. Not many people are lumberjacks anymore, nor are non-lumberjacks inclined to dress as lumberjacks. If what you REALLY mean is men who look tough and masculine, but don't work out at a gym, and aren't vain to any extent, that's a very narrow group of people indeed. Anyone who works out at a gym, who is not doing so because his occupation or physical health depends upon it, is, to some degree or another, vain. And I'm not excluding myself in there. I started working out at age 17 and I always hated it deep down. The reasons why I did it have always been some type of vanity - either I wanted to "look good for the ladies" or I wanted to "be able to bench-press more than anyone else I knew" or I wanted to lose weight (even though nobody, including my doctor, told me I should).

However, there are plenty of dudes out there who fit this profile. Don't let the girly men convince you otherwise. 25 years ago, when only rock star freakazoids wore makeup on stage and it was in no way cool or acceptable for regular male humans to wear makeup, these girly men would still have been girly and shown themselves to be girly... they just wouldn't have done it in that way. Just because it's some degree of "acceptable" right now doesn't mean that manly men will be turned over to the girly-man "dark side".

As for women, there's nothing wrong with a muffin top. There's really nothing wrong with wearing leggings as pants either, though I look at any woman who does so as being almost 100% likely to be a "loose woman". It sure as heck is not an appearance for which a respectable woman would strive. Therefore, were I a single man (which I'm not, as I'm married to a gorgeous woman with a huge dimpled butt and muffin top ), I would love seeing women wearing leggings as pants. To me it would make "the hunt" that much easier, as I could automatically rule out such a woman on the basis of "her personality is obviously a terrible match for mine" without having to spend time, effort, and possibly money getting to know her first in order to make that judgment.

Don't rant so much against the clothing people choose to wear. Instead, use it to your benefit if you're not married or "taken" - anyone wearing that clothing is automatically ruled out as a potential date or mate. Since people aren't going to wear the Engvallesque "I'm Stupid" signs, you have to take whatever you can get. Disgusting apparel is sometimes the closest thing to an "I'm Stupid" sign that a person will wear, so be glad it happens. At least you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty