U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 10:52 PM

549 posts, read 407,249 times

Advertisements

Seriously.

Where have all the brawny sexy lumberjacks gone? Men's style today tends towardandrogynous/hipster/fem-lite styles. No real man should ever be caught deadwearing jeggings, eyeliner, or nail polish. Why is any of this even a thing? Iget you need to "express yourself" but why must this entail"primping" and makeup? I am so turned off by all this, it's revolting. Andno, gym rat guys do not count as brawny. They may be muscular yes, but notnecessarily tough or even masculine. Actually much of their vanity is feminine-like. Great, you can lift a dumbbell. Sorry, but I am quite sure that is not what Spencer/Darwin meant by "survival of the fittest."

Now just to be fair I will add a rant about women's style today. Please, please, PLEASE, ladies, do not wear leggings as pants, mmkay? There, I even asked nicely. It's just, I don't care to see every dimple of your a s 5 cheek as you strut down sidewalk. Even the loveliest of as 5es should be kept between intimates only. Oh, and don't think because you wear a size 5 you are all that, if you are squeezing a size 9 body into it. Funny thing about muffin tops, they are gross and make you look huge even if you are not. Whereas if you simply wear clothes that fit appropriately (cut out the size if you must, supposedly Mariah Carey does) you will actually look slimmer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 11:08 PM

1,466 posts, read 918,938 times
They've put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

Lumber jack song - YouTube

Old 05-19-2014, 11:09 PM

3,415 posts, read 2,893,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
Seriously.

Where have all the brawny sexy lumberjacks gone? Men's style today tends towardandrogynous/hipster/fem-lite styles. No real man should ever be caught deadwearing jeggings, eyeliner, or nail polish. .
NONE of the mens styles of today involve any of the things you mentioned. The fact that your post has some weird typeset/font makes me think that you just copy and pasted this from somewhere else. Anyway, you like lumberjacks, go to where lumberjacks are. What geographical area are you from? I ask because styles tend to be slightly different based on geographical location. If you are in a city, you are not going to see many "lumberjack" styled men, unless you are looking at Jose who cuts grass and does yardscaping.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:09 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
that is not so. i am very macho.
i drink really strong coffee and dont put anything on my croissant, no jam no butter, nothing.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:04 AM

339 posts, read 290,981 times
+1........

But not today!

Just glad to be alive.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:09 AM

31,164 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
Seriously.
I don't think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vall View Post
They've put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

Lumber jack song - YouTube
Dang, you beat me to it.

I tried to find a clip of the old Saturday Night Live skit, "Quien Es Mas Macho", but came up short. It would have fit well with this thread.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:04 AM

1,745 posts, read 2,272,823 times
They are all up here in Alaska having a good ol' time. Come on up, it's great fun.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:18 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
Go to Asheville, NC. One of my complaints about that place was every frikken' guy there dressed like a lumberjack - and some of the women did too! LOL

Haha is this even a serious post, OP?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:23 AM

4,424 posts, read 5,203,983 times
Theyre in the paper towel aisle

Old 05-20-2014, 10:45 AM

4,931 posts, read 4,639,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I don't think so!

Dang, you beat me to it.

I tried to find a clip of the old Saturday Night Live skit, "Quien Es Mas Macho", but came up short. It would have fit well with this thread.

Fernando Lamas es mas macho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty