Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:50 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
As a teenager I got to many yeast infections--the remedy--my family Dr. told me to lose the underpants except, of course, when I would wear dresses or skirts. Never had another yeast infection after I did what he told me to do. He told me underwear fits to tight and does not allow your body to breath properly. Once I got use to it I could never go back to wearing them except when they are "needed". So my reason for not wearing underwear was medical and now it's also comfort.
hooray! it's feels good to know that i am not the only one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 07:51 AM

394 posts, read 2,003,042 times
I have been reading this thread with great humor, some of the comments are hilarious, and dare I say, even rather TMI. I have all sorts of visuals in my head now!

I remember in high school, a friend of mine and I were in the hallway and the gym teacher sat down in front of us on the stairs. His shorts were wide open, and one of his friends was peeking out for a view.

I haven't really seen any females mention another reason for wearing underwear, or maybe I missed it, but it's for comfort. I just don't like the feel of tight jeans riding up in my nether region, it's actually rather painful. I always wear underwear.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post
OK, I have read almost all of the posts in here on this subject - some make sense while others are simply humorous and entertaining, but unless I glared over it, no one has explained that the use of underwear may have been started when women wore dresses and skirts and didn't try to dress like men (hear come the responses now...I can almost see em). Sounds to me like women are more interested in not showing panty lines than they are in veiling their female assets...my two cents worth!
maybe he meant "revealing" their female assets instead of "veiling"?
sounds like a freudian slip to me though.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:54 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
As a teenager I got to many yeast infections--the remedy--my family Dr. told me to lose the underpants except, of course, when I would wear dresses or skirts. Never had another yeast infection after I did what he told me to do. He told me underwear fits to tight and does not allow your body to breath properly. Once I got use to it I could never go back to wearing them except when they are "needed". So my reason for not wearing underwear was medical and now it's also comfort.
Actually you can wear underwear in the daytime but make sure it is cotton. Cotton breathes much better than the other materials. At night is when you can lose the underwear to let the area "breathe", so to say. I wear mostly undies made of 100% cotton and the only time I've gotten a yeast infection was about 3x in my lifetime and it was from antibiotics. Wearing clean undies everyday does not cause yeast infections.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:56 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Actually you can wear underwear in the daytime but make sure it is cotton. Cotton breathes much better than the other materials. At night is when you can lose the underwear to let the area "breathe", so to say. I wear mostly undies made of 100% cotton and the only time I've gotten a yeast infection was about 3x in my lifetime and it was from antibiotics. Wearing clean undies everyday does not cause yeast infections.
Amen, sista. My mom taught me the importance of cotton when I was a teenager.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustamom View Post
I haven't really seen any females mention another reason for wearing underwear, or maybe I missed it, but it's for comfort. I just don't like the feel of tight jeans riding up in my nether region, it's actually rather painful. I always wear underwear.

OUCH! Is my first reaction when thinking of wearing jeans w/o undies. Talk about being in pain. Hope those that go commando also keep cleaned up so as not to snag anything on those zippers Talk about a HUGE OUCHY!!! There are a few times that I do go commando but not everyday. Those are for special occassions I also wear a bra everyday. One reason the girls are still up north where they belong after all of these years. I've had people think I had a boob job because they are so firm and up but it is because I've provided them all the support they need to be able to stand up proud. Being a mom and in my early 40's w/ 36C's that are in THAT good of shape is not easy.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:02 AM

Years ago when I was working at a design studio during college we had this couple that would come in. She was always in a sweatshirt that was HUGE and he was always in baggy sweats and was obviously commando. He was NOT attractive at all and it was GROSS! Everytime they came in they would be there for hours - the most indecisive people I've ever met. It took the ENTIRE staff to work with them as we could only stand being w/ them so long and would have to get away. Needless to say they came the butt of many jokes. I think that made us all swear that we would NEVER allow our husbands to go commando like that.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:15 AM

200 posts, read 888,242 times
Default What about the over the shoulder boulder holders?

Okay...it's been mentioned a few times....

what about bras? Personally, my girls haven't "roamed free" during the daytime since I was a 12 year old, but I work with a 45 year old lady who never wears one.

Which terrifies me, because she's rather, er, large, and it's as though two watermelons have deflated and are laying under her shirt to the sides. Occasionally, when she raises her hand to wave, if her shirt isn't long enough...well....let's just say she could use some band-aids (reference the earlier post!)

Old 12-14-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
OUCH! Is my first reaction when thinking of wearing jeans w/o undies. Talk about being in pain. Hope those that go commando also keep cleaned up so as not to snag anything on those zippers Talk about a HUGE OUCHY!!! There are a few times that I do go commando but not everyday. Those are for special occassions I also wear a bra everyday. One reason the girls are still up north where they belong after all of these years. I've had people think I had a boob job because they are so firm and up but it is because I've provided them all the support they need to be able to stand up proud. Being a mom and in my early 40's w/ 36C's that are in THAT good of shape is not easy.
i dont think wearing a bra every day really has any affect on the sag factor.
i wear a bra every day and im NOT liking how everything is looking! (though i do get frequent compliments!)

Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
i dont think wearing a bra every day really has any affect on the sag factor.
i wear a bra every day and im NOT liking how everything is looking! (though i do get frequent compliments!)
Nicolespy, I just love your posts!!! LMAO

I do wear a bra everyday, except a few times in the summer when it's over 100 degrees. I've worn one since the baby's sprouted and most of the time wear one to bed. I agree with momof2dfw, my puppies are still perky even after two kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty