U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 AM

3,099 posts, read 1,913,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedie80 View Post
Okay...it's been mentioned a few times....

what about bras? Personally, my girls haven't "roamed free" during the daytime since I was a 12 year old, but I work with a 45 year old lady who never wears one.

Which terrifies me, because she's rather, er, large, and it's as though two watermelons have deflated and are laying under her shirt to the sides. Occasionally, when she raises her hand to wave, if her shirt isn't long enough...well....let's just say she could use some band-aids (reference the earlier post!)
unless you are flat chested or have implants, a bra is definitely needed for daily living. seems your chest is more visible and 'OUT THERE' than your pants area. some of you MUST have very sensitive "pants areas" because i feel no pain from going, how you say (?) commando?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 08:23 AM

Default commando?

please explain this commando thing and how it came to be? what does it really mean? how did it start?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:27 AM

8,000 posts, read 16,806,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
please explain this commando thing and how it came to be? what does it really mean? how did it start?
Not sure, I think it has something to do with Arnold Schwarzenegger

Old 12-14-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Nicolespy, I just love your posts!!! LMAO

I do wear a bra everyday, except a few times in the summer when it's over 100 degrees. I've worn one since the baby's sprouted and most of the time wear one to bed. I agree with momof2dfw, my puppies are still perky even after two kids.
hmmmm, that is very interesting. hmmm, maybe it is because i had twins and gained almost 100lbs during the pregnancy that i am a bit saggy? hmmm, maybe i should wear a bra to bed?
NOT!!!!!
talk about uncomfortable!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Not sure, I think it has something to do with Arnold Schwarzenegger
does he not wear undies?
(p.s. good job spelling his name. yikes)

Old 12-14-2007, 08:30 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,248,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
Trivia
The terms "going commando" or simply "commando" are often used in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain to refer to wearing no underwear under the trousers. The term originated with American soldiers who preferred not to wear underwear in field conditions because of its tendency to retain sweat and the additional laundry burden. The terms are analogous to the Scottish military term "regimental" referring to wearing no underwear under the kilt.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:35 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,248,249 times
Here is another interesting read about how "commando" came about. It also discusses briefly the reasoning why the Scots do not wear "regiment" under their kilts.

http://www.geocities.com/littlewolf/GoingComando.pdf

And one talking about the American armed forces "going commando" and why and the deal w/ women and "commando" and bras.

http://www.slate.com/id/2112100/

Old 12-14-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Trivia
The terms "going commando" or simply "commando" are often used in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain to refer to wearing no underwear under the trousers. The term originated with American soldiers who preferred not to wear underwear in field conditions because of its tendency to retain sweat and the additional laundry burden. The terms are analogous to the Scottish military term "regimental" referring to wearing no underwear under the kilt.
thanks! maybe i am indeed scottish and dont know it.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:47 AM

31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times
I can't not wear panties (always cotton! There are attractive, comfy cotton undies out there). On the days I've forgotten to bring a pair to the gym, I've had to sit through an eight-hour day at work experiencing some unfortunate chafing problems from the seams on my trousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedie80 View Post
They make mens bathing suits with banana hammocks in them!
Oh, my heavens ... Thanks for the laugh!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:29 AM

15,533 posts, read 35,652,233 times
Can't do granny panties - gotta wear a thong!

Gosh, I feel like I'm giving out WAAAAAAYYYYY too much information today!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty