U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:58 AM

3,099 posts, read 1,915,577 times

Advertisements

i would say that i wear underwear very infrequently. now if im going to wear a dress or skirt you can bet your bikini that i will wear it BUT if im going to wear pants then i sometimes really dont see the point. plus you know how vpl's are a no no these days. i guess that's what thongs are for but my point is that sometimes i wear them and sometimes i dont. am i alone? also, how many of you ladies if you are wearing pantyhose or tights will also wear undies underneath them? i dont see the point in that either. will i cause gasps of horror from the nurses and drs if i am ever taken to the hospital without my underwear on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 12:17 PM

200 posts, read 794,568 times
Oh I wish I had your bravado, but no, I never go commando. There's a sense of security in my panties...LOL

I just don't like the feeling of it--I always feel like I've forgotten something. I read somewhere that 30% of women feel their entire day is ruined if they are wearing uncomfortable underwear.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 PM

3,099 posts, read 1,915,577 times
maybe that is one of the reason i dont wear them often. it IS so hard to find comfy undies!!! sometimes i forget whether i have them on or not and i get into trouble. example: i stand up from the potty and pull my pants up and i feel this lumpy something in the way and i discover that i did indeed wear underwear that day and forgot to pull them up!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:40 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,854,371 times
I wear them most of the time during the day but at night, the things are off.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 PM

200 posts, read 794,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
maybe that is one of the reason i dont wear them often. it IS so hard to find comfy undies!!! sometimes i forget whether i have them on or not and i get into trouble. example: i stand up from the potty and pull my pants up and i feel this lumpy something in the way and i discover that i did indeed wear underwear that day and forgot to pull them up!
LMAO! As long as it's only your misplaced undies, and not anything else!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:48 PM

28,191 posts, read 43,477,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedie80 View Post
Oh I wish I had your bravado, but no, I never go commando. There's a sense of security in my panties...LOL
I'm with you! Only time I can remember going "commando" is when I've worn my swimsuit to the pool, and forgot to bring a pair of underwear for afterwards - boy, that makes for an uncomfortable afternoon!

Quote:
I just don't like the feeling of it--I always feel like I've forgotten something. I read somewhere that 30% of women feel their entire day is ruined if they are wearing uncomfortable underwear.
That is totally true... I have a few pairs that are cute, but SUPER uncomfortable (ride up/down/in/etc.), and they make the whole day annoying. Isn't it the worst when you're in a professional situation, and have a horrible wedgie? Can't exactly say "excuse me, I need to pick my underwear out of my butt - don't mind me!"... so you just have to deal with it, until the next moment you have alone. Ugh.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:01 PM

290 posts, read 985,245 times
Lol. No, I almost *never* wear them. I hate them! I've always hated them. When I was in preschool, I would cry when my mom made me put them on the morning. So when I got to school, I would go into the bathroom, take them off, and hide them behind the waste-paper basket. Then I was free for the day. Before my mom came to pick me up in the afternoon, I would go back in the bathroom, take them from their hiding place, and put them back on. I cannot believe no one ever caught me! I was a shady youngster.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:03 PM
miu

16,471 posts, read 33,437,610 times
LOL@ this thread! I need my underwear and especially when wearing pants. I'd have to do a lot more laundry and dry cleaning without them.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:45 PM

28,191 posts, read 43,477,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
LOL@ this thread! I need my underwear and especially when wearing pants. I'd have to do a lot more laundry and dry cleaning without them.
Good point... but ewwwww. Considering I like to wear jeans for about a week, that would definitely make life more difficult!

Old 12-12-2007, 04:02 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,260,529 times
Yes, I wear panties. You have to look around to find good comfortable ones that don't move around and there are some that are very comfortable that have "invisible lines" so no fear of VPL. Of course when wearing white or winter white they do show a bit more thru but this is when things like Spanx come in handy. Even when wearing tights which I ONLY do in the winter and when it is a MUST I still wear panties. I also see it as more of a hygeine thing. If you go commando you have to wash EVERYTHING no matter what even if you just wore it for a few hours and it is "clean". The middle part ain't - ewwww. It would be like wearing a pair of dirty panties again, no thanks. Even thongs have problems w/ hygeine as it does leave parts of your "assets" exposed to your clothing. Once you find a good pair/brand of panties you buy up as many as you can in every color. Soma is supposed to be one good brand that is supposed to fit right and not move around. And no, they don't look like "granny panties".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty